Organizational Planning – Phase II Org Planning
Position Overview: Product, Solutions, & Industry Marketing (PSIM) is looking for a seasoned Senior Program Manager, with Executive level experience, to successfully run the Phase II Org Planning program. The role of the Program Manager is to plan, execute and evaluate this program according to the agreed to timelines. Building and managing program scope, reporting to the Program sponsors, and ensuring quality control throughout the program life cycles are critical to this position. This person must be very influential to the overall program teams, and manage the people involved, mostly in virtual teams. The position of a program manager is crucial to the overall success to the programs.
Duties and responsibilities of the candidate includes
- Define the Program Scope and get agreement with the Program Executive Sponsor
- Define the Program team structure and run weekly status and ad hoc working meetings as needed
- Meet weekly with the Executive Sponsors to track and manage status
- Work with HR to define Product Marketing vs Product Management roles definitions based on industry standards and based on input from within the organization
- Build a plan to identify individuals that should moves to the PSIM from Engineering and Sales
- Manage Program to closure
- Be accountable for program results along with Executive program sponsors
- Work with program Executive sponsors and stakeholders to compete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, and timing.
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task.
- Provide a project schedule and identify when each milestone task will be performed.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Act as a mediator between stakeholder and team members.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems through program life cycle.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved.
- Determine if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan. If required, recruit and manage appropriate staffing resources.
- Track and report on Program milestones and provide status reports to sponsors in weekly executive meeting.
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-program evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
- Develop tools and best practices for program management and execution.
- Ensure all program documents are safely archived following project completion.
Skills: Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, the candidate should be a good planner and organizer and should be an excellent decision maker. The candidate should have excellent communication and listening skills and should have the ability to influence and motivate others in the team. The candidate should be willing to adapt and chance with the new environments and changes and should be a fast learner and must be able to keep calm in stress. Proven success in working at the Executive level is a must.
Education and experience: University degree or college diploma in business or related field. 5 years’ work experience in project and/or marketing management. Familiar with project management tools and/or software packages. Demonstrated leadership managing people. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.