Seeking a SAS Analyst for our client, a leading networking company in San Jose, CA!
The person hired into this role will be employed by our company, BIS Consulting Inc. as a W2 employee (or 1099 if preferred), and will work onsite at our client's location in San Jose.
The person in this role will interact heavily with the internal clients/stakeholders and must be able to articulate the value of BI/analytics and explain analytic approaches and rationale to non-statisticians, as required. The role is in the marketing organization at Cisco, and projects include working with data from across the enterprise including marketing, sales, finance, and product data.
- Strong oral communication skills in English;
- A minimum of 4 years experience working as a SAS Analyst / Programmer;
- Considerable experience with Data Mining environments;
- Significant experience and strong skills in the data manipulation of hundreds of millions of records using SAS Base, SQL, SAS Connect and SAS macros;
- Knowledge of SAS performance improvement techniques and features (and methodology) for improving the performance of SAS programs / jobs;
- Significant experience with conducting programming and data quality checks and validation;
- Considerable experience with best practices of SAS program documentation and versioning;
- Significant experience working remotely as part of a geographically disperse team;
- Being able to attest self motivation and a strong ability to meet deadlines in a collaborative, project focused environment;
- SAS Programming certification is a plus.
- Experience with Dun & Bradstreet data is desirable as is a formal Statistical background