Join Us and Grow with an Industry Leader!
BMC is one of the largest providers of residential building materials and targeted construction services in the United States.
We are currently hiring for the following position.
Responsibilities associated with this position include planning, organizing, communicating, and leading area staff to control all aspects of the safety programs in the Puget Sound, PNW market and to prevent and correct unsafe working conditions and behaviors.
Responsibilities include ensuring compliance as well as educating all staff in accordance with State and Federal regulations, applicable standards, codes, and policies. The individual in this position is responsible for setting priorities and goals for the safety team, coordinating with others when necessary to ensure safe job sites, conducting safe work practices training, conducting safety audits, performing accident investigations and serving as the liaison between any claimants and the corporate office in Boise.
Detailed requirements and qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 or more years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and safety experience.
- Possession of technical knowledge of safety competency elements and occupational hazards, knowledge of OSHA regulations, DOT compliance and other safety standards pertaining to the building materials industry.
- OSHA 30-hr General Industry certification required. OSHA 501 a plus.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) ability in speaking and writing a Plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to manage time effectively, work independently, communicate effectively (verbal and written), and demonstrate effective problem solving is critical for this position.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
BMC offers an extensive benefits package with health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k). Interested qualified candidates should apply through this site.