BMW Financial Services

BMW Financial Services Employer Reviews

Management was very poor
Customer Relations (Former Employee), Hilliard OHJanuary 14, 2015
Very clique. Very tough to stand out unless you're an attractive female.
Excellent
Mexico Retail Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHNovember 6, 2014
Excellent workplace. Excellent workplace. Excellent workplace.
Productive and comfortable work place environment
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2014
Productive and comfortable work place environment. Enjoyed going to work everyday and helping customers.
Great people
N/A (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHApril 20, 2014
Great people but it is a very difficult company to move upwards. They do offer some career development.
Moves Specialist and Deliquency Specialist (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria, great communication, friendly people
Working for BMW Financial Services was a great experience. I was able to learn a great deal regarding vehicle titles. I advanced from a Move Specialist to a Delinquency Specialist in a short period of time. A typical day as a Delinquency Specialist consisted of reviewing my delinquency title list. It was my responsibility to review account information and title status via the BMW system and generate the next step in obtaining the title from the dealer or title agency. Once a week I was responsible for reporting to my superiors my plan of action for titles that were overdue by 300-500 days and be able to provide information about what I had currently been doing with the title. The hardest part of my job was maintaining my list of titles with the state of California, simply due to the amount of delinquent titles due to an issue at their DMV. The most enjoyable part was the environment in which I worked. Everyone in my department worked together.
Good but very hard to move up
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: no schedule flexibility, low room for advancement
I've been satisfied with working at BMW for some time and I've learned plenty of new skills. However, I've completely outgrown my current position and have found it impossible to move from a temporary employee to an actual 'hired on' employee. Although the distinction seems virtually arbitrary, temps are treated as second class citizens in many ways and even sit in a separate section from others doing an identical job. Overall worth it to work there for a short time, but long term, without room to grow, there is no reason to stay past a year.
Very laid-back
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: very organized and well run
Cons: limited upper mobility
The great and respectable company that attracted the best and brightest. I entered invoices and printing vendors checks. I had lots of finance and accounting grooming at this job.
Stability Concern
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Hilliard, OhioJuly 30, 2013
I was recently offered a position with Heritage College. After the offer was made I asked if I could take 1 business day to discuss the offer with my fiance. When I followed up on the agreed upon time to accept, I was told that they had already given the offer to the next candidate.

I find it disconcerting that a company would agree to allow time to think over an offer and then give the offer away before the set follow-up time. If they give an offer away so quickly and without notice, I would not trust their employment to be very stable.
great benefits, but not many advancement opportunities
Quality and Control Analyst (Current Employee), hilliard, ohioMay 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no work/home life balance
The company offers great benefits that most organizations can't even compete with. However, there are few desireable schedules to have and is pretty hard to advance within the company once someone is hired on as an associate.
Overall good company
Collection (Current Employee), Hilliard OhioMay 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches, year beginning meetings
Cons: lack of advancement, hierarchy
BMW Financial Services is a good company to work for. It has good benefit and has ways to motivate its employees. However, it is very hard to advance and especially if you work on the Canadian side.
It is a great company to gain experience and just move onto another company.
A typical day at work is full of angry customers who have no intention of valuing the representatives they are speaking with. You learn a lot , but management expects you to learn too much, too fast and is trying to computerize the workplace.
Nice office environment
Initial Quality Survey Specialist (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHFebruary 20, 2013
Typical outbound call work, decent managment and expectations, etc.
Great benefits and fun environnement
Bilingual Customer Interaction Specialist (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHOctober 2, 2012
This is a great company to work for. The benefits are very good and the work culture is fun.
The cafeteria is not the best however.
The co-workers are young and dynamic.
In customer relations, the work is a little bit repetitive but not too stressful. Advancement can be difficult in certain positions, especially customer relations.
Esteemed company and brand
Rolls-Royce Account Manager/Default Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 9, 2012
Pros: good benefits, great car program, cafe
Cons: limited advanced position
Good experience and was able to utilize many different opportunities and gain valuable skills.
Work with great people who motivate each other.
Productive workplace with great benefits, but poorer salary than expected
Temporary Associate (Current Employee), HilliardMarch 8, 2012
Pros: great, cheap cafeteria, ping pong tables, perks like tix to games
Cons: being a temp can often seem hopeless
From a temporary associate: a great company to work for on a day-to-day basis, with a few drawbacks. You can be a temp for an infinite amount of time without any of the benefits of a full time employee if there is not avenue for upward mobility. To find out if there is room for upward mobility, it may take you a couple months of digging to find out.