Who We Are:
The Building Owners and Managers Association, Seattle King County is a commercial real estate trade association. BOMA Seattle King County has been in business for over 100 years and has offices in every major real estate market in the US. The Seattle office is made up of five employees and is located in downtown Seattle. We are preparing to move into a beautiful new office space in the US Bank building in the center of the CBD and just blocks from Pike Place Market.
Who You Are:
You are a communications and marketing superstar who isn’t afraid to take initiative and help out wherever needed. You like to interact with a variety of people and are known for providing excellent customer service. You are a motivated, self-starter comfortable working within a team as well as independently. You have a firm grasp of grammar, writing and editing. You will also have a professional demeanor with a sense of humor and the ability to maintain composure under shifting priorities.
We are currently seeking a new team member because our Manager of Marketing, Communication & Education recently took a new opportunity. The position is open immediately and the salary is between $40,000 - $43,000 DOE including a competitive benefits package, a $100 per month transit allowance. This is a non-exempt - “At Will” position.
The successful candidate will be skilled in writing, editing, marketing and communication. This position can move at a fast pace at times and requires the ability to multi-task and prioritize. The candidate we choose will be able to demonstrate a solid grasp of grammar and content creation as well as an understanding of social media management and web publishing standards and technologies. This is a highly visible role and the new team member will need to be comfortable offering exceptional and professional customer service to our hundreds of members and industry leaders who volunteer their time to help BOMA achieve our mission.
- Coordinate, market and manage all educational programming and related events
- Manage e-news, write & edit copy for marketing emails, flyers, event announcements and member notifications
- Team in the execution of web ad sales
- Public relations and press releases
- Manage all social media sites
- Assist in management of website content
- Produce & edit video clips and education sessions
- Archive & database management
- Some general administrative duties
Below are the minimum skills required for this position. Please do not apply if you are not confident that you can demonstrate all of the below.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Outlook, basic Excel, Word & Publisher
- Typing: 60 WPM
- Adobe Photoshop
- Copy Writing & Editing
- An understanding of social media management including Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service and always positive interpersonal interaction
The skills listed below are not required but would be very helpful in this role.
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks etc.
- Video Production & Editing
- Familiarity with Final Cut Pro or Premier Pro
- Taking & editing photographs for events and marketing materials
- Experience with ACT Database
- Knowledge of web design
How to Apply:
After carefully reading the above description, please submit a brief cover letter and resume as one PDF file.
Please name your cover letter & resume document as follows: firstname.lastname.pdf (example: jane.adams.pdf). Any documents that do not adhere to this format may be disqualified and set aside as we will first focus on those who submit using the requested format.
Please do not call the BOMA office to inquire about the status of applications. Please be patient as we expect a high-volume of applicants and though we will do our best to respond to qualified participants as soon as possible, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
Thank you for your interest in this position.