BP Employee Reviews

Found 1,222 reviews matching the search
Awful management and training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cadiz, KYSeptember 21, 2017
Job itself is easy enough, counting, inventory, managing your register. The store Manager was awful, and holds no authority. She was too busy sticking her nose in other local stores to handle the problems happening at her own. Coworkers were great, bonded together against poor management.
Nice Company to work for
Information Management Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
BP was a fun place to work at before the multiple reorganizations of the company. That created a lot of tension with the employees but prior to the reorgs, it was a good place to work.
Private contract
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 20, 2017
I never worked for BP but i worked for a private contractor and we worked next to BP employs all the time and never seemed to have a problem with any of them.
management
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 19, 2017
management is lazy and turns things against you points fingers and doesnt take responsibility for her own actions unfair and rude, to much drama in the store
im alot smarter then what the give me credit for, the hardest part going into work hearing drama that the manager started and when you report it absolutely nothing gets done
Great regular and new customers
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount airy MarylandSeptember 18, 2017
100% I would have recommended until company was sold. Not very nice new owners and cut in pay if u stayed. Most enjoyable the customers and also customers sometimes stressful. Coffee run in morning definitely kept you very buisy. Did cleaning and ordering of store merchandise Getting change out of locked office. Closing down store when hours were changed closing at midnight responsible for register , money in office,cleaning taking care of all customers, locking door turning off all lights stopping pumps setting alarm being available 24/7 if alarm goes off
Pros
Customers
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Maintenance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 18, 2017
the typical day consist of preventative maintenance on occasion you have to help other with there professions.Safety oriented with a reward program quaterly
slow pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2017
the people that run it are not nice and dont allow certasin types of people to work for them. Have to remain in one spot all day which is not good for your legs and feet.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive, good place
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 17, 2017
Good place to work, however corporate was quite suffocating. This business ultimately went out of business for this exact reason. I was a good worker, even got an award.
solid
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MISeptember 17, 2017
Solid job if you're looking to work part time while in school. I never got paid time off because I worked at a gas station owned by family, not the corporation.
easy going not bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Busy allways doing something.working with a lot of different attitudes taught me to be very patient and respect all of my coworkers and patrons.the job itself was a learning process. I enjoyed working with the people the patrons just being able to help.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
enventory being short.

Want to know more about BP?

Ask a question
quick paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Quick paced, and at times a bit stressful. learned organization and inventory. Culture was diverse. Management was great very attentive and caring to customers and employees.
Boring job interesting people
Cashier, daily store operations (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WISeptember 13, 2017
Working at the 5 star BP in Mukwonago, was a rather dull job experience, the work load was repetitive and uninvolved leading to many hours of boredom and standing around, and many irate customers who are quite often impatient when they can't figure out how to pump gas. The only redeeming quality of the position was the ability to converse with many customers that were regulars and helping to brighten their day.
Pros
Positive customer experiences
Cons
minimum pay, no benefits, boring and repetitive work, Irate customers taking frustrations out on employees
Good company to grow your career.
Production Operations Tech Well Diagnostics (Former Employee) –  Ulysses, KSSeptember 13, 2017
Great company with awesome benefits. Great safety culture and people to work with. Seamless communications from top to bottom. Your voice is always important and considered during all business reviews.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unnecessary meetings.
good company
Salesforce Admin/Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Worked with functional leads to transform and develop new requirements into design and implementation.Designed, developed and deployed the Custom objects, Page layouts, Custom tabs, Components, Visual Force Pages, Apex classes to suit to the needs of the application. Customized the Dashboards to the track usage for productivity and performance of business centers and their sales teams. Customized tabs for among different business user’s groups and business centers.
its not that bad
Cashier, Overnight stocker, Crew member (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHSeptember 10, 2017
it was my high school job. ..............some people bought the building and ended up getting rid of the whole crew.. loved my manager she was awesome
Great Place to work
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77079September 8, 2017
Great place to work. I liked the culture, Training was always available. The Westlake office had many fringe benefits, such as day care, pharmacy, Dentist, Medical, Physical Therapy and Optometrist on location for easy access. They also had on site lunch with a variety of choices.
Union
I & E Technician (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The union versus company made it difficult to get anything done. Great place to make tons of money, but at the same time the most dangerous place I've ever been.
NPI Daily Activity
Master Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 7, 2017
I was the liaison between Supply Chain and marketing. I conducted weekly meetings with cross functional team for progress to end goal of building new models of tractors for market. I had monthly executive reviews for status and if additional hep required. I launched 16 tractors on time or earlier than requirements.. I would then provide lessons learned and best practices to other foreign affiliates.
Pros
Excellent team activity
Cons
Programs cut due to CAT market stability
Retail store- fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40291September 7, 2017
I started with bp in the mid 80's.I was just a cashier then. Then after about 2 years dennis the guy that I became a my partner later. He offered me a job being his assistant.And we started as a team working for bp in the louisville area. We worked at many locations. Then we started with short stop. I guess I was in retail for about 10 to 15 years before I got married and moved to tn.
Pros
Bp is ok
Cons
Very fast paced
it was a good job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2017
I work there for 4 years and 8 months I was the store manager. I was the one train every new employee I did orders stock and cashier and I ran the place
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no health care