BP Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLOctober 18, 2016
Atypical day at work included the preparation of food for customers, stocking items, and serving food. I learned from this job to be motivated to find a different job or even a career. Management made all the difference. Management at first was good but then it was horrible. The hardest part of the job was dealing with bad management. the most enjoyable part of the job was coming in contact with lots of different people.
Pros
Cons
bad benefits, bad management.
Great Work Environment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2016
Great work life balance and compensation. The majority of management is great. Job advancement has not been so good the past couple years because of the current market and downsizing..

Great work environment. The projects were interesting. The corporate culture is invigorating!
a good place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at BP was filled with meetings (too many meetings) conducted in a serious, somewhat productive, business culture. It was a great place for recent graduates to learn the required skill sets - there was a well structured and efficient learning program. Co-workers were knowledgeable and capable, and senior management was adequate. The hardest part of the job was getting familiar with the numerous processes (too many). Most people were helpful and friendly, the offices and infrastructure were of good quality, which together provided for and enjoyable working environment.
Pros
good quality offices, cafeteria, and overall infrastructure
Cons
too many work processes
Great benefits but lack of opportunities to advance
Process Scale up Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2016
Great benefits but management lacked skills in the biotechnology field resulting in terrible mistakes and whole division eliminated. No job security and no opportunity to advance. Too much stress as result of the work conditions.
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
Incompetent Managers
Good work for great people
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2016
Work varied from day to day depending where we were with well plan. Learned how to manage people and be a problem solver. BP took good care of us and management always talked respectable to everyone. My coworkers were all Christian people. It was Gods plan for the people in my life there were the best. Hardest part of the job was at time lack of sleep, for long periods of time. Although BP provided a relief man so most of the two week period you could get some rest. The most enjoyable part of the jobs, were the men I worked with, and established friendships with.
Pros
Two weeks off
Cons
Just the long hours at times, but that's comes with the job
Fun place to work with really smart colleagues and great daily challenges
Petrophysicist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2016
BP is a company with interesting challenges ahead but with smart colleagues to face them. The company has great assets in US and overseas with enough value to back BP. Some of the management needs to gain more experience dealing with people as some of them have no management experience and already occupy high and mid-managerial positions. Others are really great and have a good insight in the business. As the company has shrunk, opportunities to relocate or pursue positions overseas is more difficult.
Pros
Great colleagues, fantastic work environment, every other Friday off. Good healthcare and benefits.
Cons
A smaller company than few years ago has less opportunities.
Very poor and disrespectful place to work at from managers to Owners
Night Shift Cashier (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 24, 2016
If you work at is place then have fun getting blamed for nothing and disrespected from managers and Owners. Even if you work hard, they won't care and won't provide you any benefits. If you don't make enough sales because gas station is not getting enough customers. The management will blame you for nothing and say that its employees fault.
Pay well but poorly managed
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2016
Working in the Oil & Gas you will quickly realize you get compensated really well for what you do. Because of that senior management tend not to leave, so promotions are slow to come by when you reach a certain level.

There is a reason why BP makes the news for things they shouldn't be doing, the leadership are promoted on how well they fit into the leadership image, not their technical competencies. It's a poorly led and managed company, luckily they make a lot of money (at least they did).
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Company doesnt follow their own values
Overnight Gas attendant usually self managing.
overnight weekends gas attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 18, 2016
Even do you won't really get any benefits or security from a gas station, except for police stopping in once awhile, you do get some pros. You don't work around with your manager but must get tasks done once the manager calls, sometimes seems a lot of work but you got the whole night so just taking your time can help a lot without having frustrations. And since the attendant is legible to have a snack break during anytime and smoke break but must attend customers. Only problem I've really had was using the bathroom. I recommend using it before starting work or by 1 am when usually nobody's around.
Pros
Taking your time on completing tasks on time and taking snack and smoke break whenever needed.
Cons
Nobody to really keep you safe from robbery.
BP desires smart people who say work hard and say nothing
Risk Manager Operations and Projects (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 16, 2016
Great pay and benefits. No advancement until you not only drink the coolaid but learn to mix it and serve it. Information must be managed to provide the maximum benefit to the individual.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
completely devoid of leadership, foresight, and a moral compass
Great Compnay to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Great Company, Management truly cares about people and there progress. My only complaint is that the organization is a bit heavy in personal, management, and process. and my work-life balance was very hard to maintain due to my work schedule.
Pros
Cons
work-life-balance
Hard working and sometimes enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 18, 2016
Most enjoyable part of being a cashier at bp was meeting new people. The hardest part was cleaning the bathrooms and taking the trash out at every pump. My coworkers were very nice and helpful. Management was not very good because the manager had no power over the store would let coworkers walk all over her and did not give days off if they were needed for appointments or emergencies, also would favorite others. I learned how to work in customer service and work better with money. I also learned how to communicate with others better and deal with customers and their needs. A typical day at work is taking out trash, stocking the coolers, cleaning the store, dusting, cleaning the pumps, cleaning the parking lot, making ice bags, and helping customers with what they need.
fun and outgoing environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bremen, INSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day would be going in at 4 A.M. opening the store, taking out the food for the day and opening the cash register and helping the customers. I learned how to manager money and handle being in charge of the employees and working on the computer for the store. Management was over all fair, but didn't schedule properly i think. My co-workers were great and always there to support and help when you needed them. Hardest part was actually working with the manager because if you did something wrong you always got yelled at for it. Most enjoyable part was getting to work with the co-workers because most of the time you worked alone so it got lonely.
Pros
easy job, easy to clean and work in.
Cons
no breaks, never getting to sit, no lunch, always working alone
well structured company
Petrophysicist (Former Employee) –  Al BaşrahAugust 21, 2016
I didn't work there for a long time and I didn't go deep within the company but it seems more Professional company, respected work scheduled and nice compensation.
Pros
well organized, good benifits
Cons
No culture
BP just an OK place to work
Deployment Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2016
BP Touts agile work, but depending upon the department in which you work, it may not be available to you. Always going through re-organizations and downsizing. On the upside, the benefit package, along with compensation (yr end bonus) are great!
Pros
cafe on site
Cons
work long hours
work life balance but frequent organization change
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
Overall good company to work for with excellent benefits but way too frequent organizational change with lots of politics
Really smart and great people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Working with my team made it easy to show up and perform at an optimal level everyday. I multitask efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment. I confidently managed multiple interactions and provided vital support to Managers, Team Leaders and Individual Contributors in calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting logistics, business expense statements, and invoices. I have managed work to meet multiple deadlines and varying priorities.
Pros
Fast-paced and engaging.
Cons
Multiple deadlines and varying priorities.
Great Development as Professional
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2016
BP has developed a great learning environment for professionals looking for growth technically and in leadership skills. Their Challenge Program is what sold me on joining this company.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
slow promotions
Overall a pretty good company
Materials Management employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
Great work/life balance and compensation. The majority of management is great. Job advancement has not been so good the past couple years because of the current market and downsizing.
Pros
work/life balance, benefits, compensation, management
Cons
job advancement
medium to slow pace job
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INAugust 23, 2016
I loved working at the gas station. I like working with others and that's what i got to do. I learned how to cope in bad and good situations. Such as when a co-worker did not come in for there shift i had to work a double. I hardest part of the job for me was I was pregnant at the time and it as hard for me to lift the 75 pound bib boxes. The only down fall I thought was poor man. But over all I enjoyed my job a lot I got to come to work everyday talk to my customers and see new faces.
Pros
I worked in a friendly atmosphere
Cons
no breaks and poor management