BP

BP Employer Reviews

Cashier
Customer service, stock, and basic sanitation (Former Employee), Munising, MIDecember 23, 2014
Pros: fun people
Cons: not enough pay
Cashier, stock, customer service. fun place to work. fun peolpe and liked working with and helping people.
terrible place to work
sales associate (Former Employee), Warsaw and Kenansville, NCDecember 21, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement, third shift, min. wage for dangerous job
This was a horrendous place to work for. They stayed open 24/7 and every day of the year. They had me, the only woman who had to do it, work third shift in the two roughest, remotest places. The pay was awful..I worked there for 4 months not one single Fri, Sat, or Sun off while everyone else did. No place for advancement and management sucked
Good boss
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Mentor, OHDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at this job included a lot of go-go . Very fast past , constant things to do .
Gas staion and characters
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), E Saint Louis, ILDecember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no breaks, and no benefits
A typical day at bp for me is to arrive everyday on time, nice smile, greet every customer and employee check to make sure all materials are ready for use before I start my daily duties.

I learned that working in this business that you have to watch all gas pumps be aware of your surroundings and never turn your back away from the register or the customers.

My – more... coworkers are ones I can call family they are really nice, and friendly, and honest. We work together as a team if theirs something wrong as adults we adjust the situation as it should I love all my coworkers the same.

The hardest part of the job was to tolerate homeless and/or drunk customers and have patience with them

What I enjoy the most is that working with the public theirs never a dull moment and there is always something you can do around you to keep you energetic and in a great mood.. – less
Good Company to work for...
Senior Learning Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 10, 2014
As an employee of BP we receive a lot of perks. The benefits are great, and the diversity within the company allows for great networking.

The emphasis on the company core values is adhered throughout the employees. Safety - Courage - One Team - Respect - Excellence.
Worried about business, not safety
Cashier (Former Employee), Oxford, IndianaDecember 10, 2014
Cons: short break, unsafe
I would make sure to keep every customer happy and help them with their items.

I learned how to use a cash register and that you can't always do that right thing.

Management was good unless you got on their bad side

Co-workers were immature and unhelpful

Hardest part of my job was closing the whole gas station down by myself when there were 4 people – more... working during the day – less
over all new and learning experience
Cashier/ Clerk and Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2014
I started as a cashier and started handling the store over all work from making purchase order to reducing inventory. I used my skill from my 3 years bachelor's degree form Nepal that help me to became assistant manager. I trained new employees which was a new experience that added up my skill on how to perform task in group within given time frame.
Boring but ok.....
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 9, 2014
Pros: cappaccino
Cons: no break
Working alone is not fun.Crackheads lingering around...used to preapprove pumps...driveoffs
The Workplace
Package Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Wayne, New JerseyDecember 5, 2014
This company offers a lot of opportunity with challenging workloads exposes you to other functional areas within the company, which is a plus. But, Management isn't as sharp or process oriented.
productive
Trainee (Former Employee), Field, KYNovember 29, 2014
Productive working atmosphere learned how to live and manage working life within in the company field. The company's managment was of hallmark.
Cashier & sales associate.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHNovember 27, 2014
Good start in the USA, getting to help people around, get to have some money on the side & building up my credit.
fishing
Chief Operating Officer of BP (Former Employee), C30November 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: donot drink
I am responsible for the accurate archive, the financial statements
Fun workplace and interesting customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakewood, OHNovember 23, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere, ideal city, good workload, nice customers
Cons: management
BP was one of my favorite jobs regardless of the short time I spent there. My days consisted of interacting and assisting some of the most random and humorous people I have ever met. I had some complaints about the management and professionalism of that particular location, but I wouldn't mind working for a different BP in the future. I didn't have – more... very close ties with that set of coworkers, but I never minded their company. That job taught me the most about cashiering and money handling. All in all, a positive experience. – less
Great people, good place to work
Control & Risk Monitoring Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, London, HoustonNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great compensation and benefits
Cons: reducing staff / restructuring
BP is a fantastic company to work for. The company is restructuring to accommodate the changes since the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oils spill.
loved everyone i worked with
Manager / Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ILNovember 11, 2014
enjoyed everyone I worked with at this company. was looking for a more full time position, generally didn't work 40 hours a week
Exceptionally Pleasent Coporate office
Project Administrator (Commissioning) (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 10, 2014
Great people, Great place to work, great enmities. Offered continued training and educational courses . Covered parking. Not to mention Starbuck is in the Building ! Phenomenal Environment
its a job
Gas station attendant (Former Employee), MINovember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly customers, kept me busy at most times.
Cons: boss showed favoritism, some employees had pull because of parents
busy depending on where you where assigned. Not to work for friends of the family. Could have been better. Some of them where good. Really wasn't hard, enjoyed dealing with customers.

personal note: it was a small town and job would have been perfect but family member was friend with owner, and then had a falling out, so owner took it out on me.

Probably – more... should have left this job off. – less
Research in BP
Research Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 7, 2014
My experience in BP has been overall a positive one.
The work environment is good, very team oriented and there are many opportunities to collaborate. I very much enjoyed the environment of continuous learning and improvement.

Pay in R&D is decent though it is highly varied.

There is an expectation of PhD level qualifications for notable technical – more... roles. No matter what the company says about merit is based on performance. In my experience, a MS or BS, will not be able to achieve a prominent role in the technical realm. Only in management.

Career development is mixed and inconsistent.

Bureaucracy and politics keep back the extra star on my overall rating. – less
Use to be a great company an place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Redford, MINovember 7, 2014
the crime is terrible your over worked an under paid the company has alot of inproving to do
hated it
Cashier (Former Employee), Stanley, NCNovember 5, 2014
under payed plus management was un organized learned how to run forklift and dept management skills

1 2 3 4 5

About BP

BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business – Read more