**No sponsorship/H1B available. **
Our client is looking for following:
The role of System Engineer/Data Center Engineer is to provide assistance to the Data Center engineering and database teams, in building and maintaining an infrastructure to support our customers. This person will be responsible for the resolution of hardware issues, deployment of new systems and
the installation of patches and software updates as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
Typical tasks and activities for this job include, but are not limited to the items listed below. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as needed by management.
- Overall Duties
- Administers, maintains, develops and implements data policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s data center and its related equipment and systems. Primary responsibility for the monitoring and support of Digital Strategy based applications in conjunction with other senior level staff. This person must have experience with Linux and/or Microsoft operating systems along with server and SAN based technologies.
- Performing the day- to-day oversight, troubleshooting, and initial analysis for assigned functional portion of data center and all associated equipment.
- Typical duties may involve, but are not limited to:
- Execution of backup processing and tape handling which includes off-site coordination.
- Job scheduling and monitoring.
- Alert management. (setup and management)
- Monthly capacity and availability reporting.
- Data Center monitoring and reporting. (HVAC)
- DR Coordinator responsible for change review, plan updates and coordination and execution of the annual DR exercise.
- Maintenance window/outage management and over-site.
- Work closely with 3rd party service providers
- Provides expertise and support to the administration of the Linux and Windows operating systems and the software support packages
- General housekeeping of data center facility to maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Assist with system tuning and capacity planning activities geared towards meeting specified Service Levels.
- Point of contact for change control related to the data center and its components.
- Participates in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and off-hours maintenance windows as necessary.
- Attends meetings as required to engage in education and participate in communication.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Applies concepts and learning(s) from development programs to ensure assigned objectives are met. Consistently seeks the long-term development as an Information Services professional.
- Effectively networks with server engineers and database professionals within the organization to share and learn optimum practices and processes for the growth of the business/operation.
- Proactively assists IS staff and management around project activities geared toward achieving specific operational and/or financial objectives.
- Maintain and support corporate financial, service, and safety standards.
The requirements listed above are representative of the job duties to required by all to perform in the various production area that this job standards. Specific work detail and instruction may vary by location and equipment being used.