The Master Data Manager is accountable for management of master data in ERP systems and development and management of supply chain operations reporting.
These accountabilities will be achieved through developing high trust relationships with suppliers and internal and external customers, critical data analysis, attention to detail and a customer focus.
Process development and optimization, as well as operations will be a focus for the role.
- Operation and improvement of product, pricing, supplier and customer master data management processes
- Maintenance of master data in ERP systems
- ERP systems (including Microsoft AX, Control tower and E2Open) subject matter expertise for the purposes of master data management, reporting and training
- Running and validating supply chain operation reporting
- Participation in regional supply chain improvement projects
- Daily and backup support for Purchasing and backup support for Supply Planning
- Ongoing development and maintenance of the SCP Intranet
Master Data Management
- Responsible for running and improving master data management processes. This will require collection and understanding of internal and external customer requirements and leveraging global processes and resources. Master data management processes include product, pricing, supplier and customer data across systems.
- Establishing high trust relationships with suppliers and customers to ensure:
- master data changes are communicated and data accuracy is maintained in all systems
- customer information needs are met and maintained.
- Validate client’s Master Data requests to ensure:
- data accuracy
- all applicable business implications are considered and appropriate decisions are made
- Take responsibility as the primary point of contact for resolution of master data and supply chain operations reporting issues and improvements.
- Responsible for developing and implementing supply chain performance reporting processes. This will require determining consolidated supply chain reporting and communication requirements across the supply chain business and leveraging global reporting processes and tools. Report Development includes implementing regional reporting; developing reports yourself and working with systems developers to implement automated reporting.
- Producing and communicating accurate supply chain performance reports according to the process developed and required customer service levels.
- Responsible for contributing supply chain performance information to project value creation models and working with the project team to ensure value reporting is accurate and produced according to service levels.
Supply Chain Operations Process and Issue Management
- Actively participate in the daily and weekly supply chain operations meetings to resolve or mitigate issues and manage ad-hoc processes across Supply Chain, Front of House and 3PL to ensure a high standard of customer service is delivered.
- This role has 1 supporting role to ensure global support is adequate.
- This role requires the development of relationships across all business functions in order to understand and provide master data needs
- IT to improve systems and reporting
- Procurement to provide information on supplier performance with regards to provision of data
- Regional master data management and reporting for collaborative process improvement and sharing process knowledge and tools
- External suppliers and customers to gather and validate information
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive systems operation and data maintenance experience. Experience with Microsoft AX, Radio Beacon and/or Max Q an advantage.
- Tertiary qualification in IT, business or math.
- Business reporting and analysis experience.
- Comprehensive analytical skills and demonstrable success in improving processes, preferably in supply chain operations
- Clear planning and prioritizing skills
- Established and maintained working relationships with external suppliers or customers
- Demonstrable understanding of business systems
- Highly competent in the use and development of IT tools to support process reporting
- Process documentation and training to individuals and/or small groups
- Be a clear and articulate communicator.
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude. Focus on customer service, making it easy
- Dynamic project team participation
- Can establish and maintain relationships
- Methodical and detailed work behavior, can prioritize tasks and work under time pressure
- Proactive and decisive. Will take responsibility within function
- Competent with MS Excel (intermediate or advanced level)
- Bachelors degree
Please provide cover letter with recent salary history and requirements.
Brightstar, headquartered in Miami, Florida, is the world’s largest specialized wireless distributor and a leading global services company, serving mobile device manufacturers, wireless operators and retailers, with a presence on six continents. The company’s industry-leading services include value-added distribution, supply chain solutions, handset protection and insurance, buy-back and trade-in solutions, multi-channel retail solutions, and financial services. Brightstar’s annual revenues were US$6.0 billion for the period ended September 30, 2012. The company is ranked #58 on the Forbes 2012 List of America’s Largest Private Companies. For more information, please visit http://www.brightstarcorp.com.
Brightstar is a minority business enterprise and an equal opportunity employer