BRMi Consulting is a growing consulting firm that focuses on delivering Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Operations services to government agencies. We are committed to continuously improving and innovating to deliver the best outcomes for its clients. BRMi prides itself on its collaborative work environment where sharing expertise and actively nurturing positive working relationships is an everyday occurrence.
BRMi seeks to hire an experienced software engineer to write and test codes that address client’s requirements. This position requires solid foundations and understanding of software development under various environments.
- Write and test codes to address customer-defined requirements, as well as, preparing typical artifacts associated with developed code (e.g. SDK, design document, etc)
- Develop key system components and features based on software specification and design
- Develop unit tests for all system components (continuous build and test process)
- Work closely with stakeholders to refine system requirements as required
- Technical lead of a software development team.
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
- Responsible for the integration of requirements, design and technology during the design and development of complex systems.
- Seamlessly incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develop associated software documentation.
- Experience with Java and Ruby on Rails required.
- Should be comfortable quickly picking up common scripting languages.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in technical program management and/or software development team lead
- Experience developing relational database applications in Oracle, SQL Server or Sybase. Must be proficient in data modeling and data manipulation.
- Experience programming in an object-oriented programming language (Java C++)
- Experience programming Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications. Must be proficient in Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) and Java Server Page (JSP) development experience
- Experience in requirement analysis/ generation and developing systems and software architectures.
- Top Secret Security Clearance preferred - we accept technically exceptional candidates who may not possess a clearance, but are eligible to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.