Babies R' Us

Babies R' Us Employer Reviews

It was a place I worked, just to maintain having a job.
Package Un-loader/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montgomeryville, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: i was in early, so i got early.
Cons: there was no room for advancement.
• Unload merchandise
• Prepare and maintain records of received and shipped materials of shipping department
• Take inventory of all products needed for supply order
• Restocking of shelves
• Help customers with anything needed
• Create an organized and efficient backroom area to promote safe and clean working environment
• Detail oriented, organization – more... skills, and ability to control large volume of incoming and outgoing freight

Proactively acknowledged, greeted and assisted customers in the store
Offered customers with exemplary and timely service
Provided accurate product information
• Served multiple customers, discovered their needs, and made recommendations to generate sales
• Recommended alternative purchase choices
• Enhanced product knowledge utilizing limited resources
• Merchandised, stocked and replenished the selling floor constantly
• Maintained working knowledge of store’s policies and procedures
• Organized and cleaned store during downtime – less
productive and safe workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2014
working for babies r us was a great experience. i was allowed and trusted with many responsibilities,
A great place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: sometime they will buy lunch
Cons: the pay increase not good
A typical day at Babies R Us open the store up at 4.00 a.m count safe down get people ready to get started working on the truck and as far as my co -worker were always happy co-worker.The hardest part about my job is when you have people call off and the enjoyable part of my job is helpping people found things they are looking for
Productive and fun work place
Backroom Associate (Current Employee), Midlothian, VADecember 26, 2013
Providing excellent customer service is a priority and maintaining a clean and organized environment for our customers, is our typical day at work. Co-workers always assist in any way possible.
Room to grow if you take charge of every aspect
Store Manager (Current Employee), Danbury, CTDecember 1, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: hq out of touch with stores
R' Us provides a great level of internal growth and a fair compensation at that. Although, poor communication and lack of clear and consistent direction from HQ is a huge part of the day to day operations. Working in 10 stores and running 2 on my own, this is something that appears to be company wide with it stemming from HQ being out of touch with – more... store level operations. – less
Productive, Always on your toes!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Erie, PANovember 20, 2013
A typical day for me would be running register and answering phones,taking complaints and returns. I would transfer calls to the departments/managers.

I learned to multi-task better then what I had already been doing,taking each customers complaints/returns/purchases differently. Every customer is different yet the same.

My co-workers, some of them – more... were so great to work with others I didn't go around because of drama. Other then that everyone was great to work with.

Nothing was hard about the job.

I loved my job. Every single part of it. – less
Customer service orieanted plus product knowledge on key for customer for any questions we needed to know everything.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 4, 2013
High energy during baby season's so it was points were it was really busy but another than that it was a chill job, I helped everywhere unloaded trucks, customer associate, and cashier great place helped me broadening my work abilities.
Typical day at Babies R' US was good.
Back of House & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dedham, MAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: interacting with families/children
Cons: management, pay
working at Toys/Babies R' US, was good experience. Meeting families, and helping them with product of their interest for there household.
good place for part time work
Cash Office Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: pay rates
The company is favorable for part time employment. Flexible schedule and understanding management.
Fun, caring place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2013
Each store varies. In Nashville the store was very caring, open and loving of their customers. Had a sort of bond with customers and had many constant customers coming in just to say hi at times. Co-workers were outgoing and fun to work with. In New York they are much busier and focus more on getting the customers in and out of the store.
Fun place to work with flexible schedule.
Store Supervisor / Baby Gear Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 26, 2013
> I typical start my day by checking E-mails and start prioritize my work load alone with my employees.
> I learn how to accomplish my daily tasks in a timely manner.
> As a manager I make sure updates and expectations are communicated clearly to Team Members and I always check back with them.
> Always act with professionalism and respect with my co-workers.
> – more... The hardest part of the job is to try to implement new changes to associates that aren't willing to cooperate.
> The most enjoyable part of the job is when a client or guest left the store with a smile in certain cases when I deliver the store on time. – less
really nice team members
Gear and Furniture Salesperson (Former Employee), Portage, MIJune 25, 2013
little to no advancement, schedule is changed often. hours shift drastically from week to week
Typical Life of a Back of House Specialist
Back of House Specialist (Current Employee), Dublin, CAJune 11, 2013
Pros: friendly management
Cons: less then 12 hours a week
A typical day start by unloading a truck for about 2 hours and then proceeding to stock the store with the items that can go onto the shelf. With the remaining items you will then need to scan them into bays and put them away, and after that is done you need to print out a report of items that was previously in the back that need to go onto the shelf – more... now. – less
A good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Granger, INJune 5, 2013
This position was fun and exciting. I interacted with small children and moms to be and their families.
Family friendly, managment issues
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 25, 2013
Guest services is a pivotal part of this job. The most important thing I learned is customer service and learning to work with the guests so that they feel they have genuinely been helped. Although there was a lack of communication among managment, this job was fun and light and I appreciated it.
Clean environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAMay 14, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: management
It was a clean environment to work. Great people work there. A lot of learning on new ares is a plus.
Very Productive and Fun place to work
Baby Gear Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMay 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, paid vaction
Cons: short breaks and healthcare
It is a fun place to work. You meet a lot of expecting moms and their families looking for pretty much everything their newborn will need. And i learned a lot about babies that didnt know.
Great Work Place
Stock Associate (Former Employee), 395 Gateway DriveApril 2, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: minimum wage
Come Inside Punch Into Work, There's Something For You To Do The Minute You Get Into Work. Management Was Great, Learned About Children Safety, Breast Milk Pumps. Hardest Part Of The Job Bringing Cribs Out To The Customer To Find Out The Have A Honda Civic And The Crib Won't Fit Now You Have To Bring The Crib All The Way Back Inside. Enjoyable Part – more... Of The Job Was Being Around A Great Group Of People. – less
I hope you don't like positive reinforcement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mentor, OHFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: uh it's retail there aren't any.
Cons: everything.
You could be the hardest working employee at this place but there is nothing you can do right according to the manager. You are disposable. You could be overly qualified for a management position but they will give it to someone who they like instead of who is better. Be prepare to be gossiped about and never praised for your effort. The managers are – more... arrogant and think way to highly of themselves despite them being retail managers. Haha. Oh and yeah it's minimum wage, don't bother asking for more despite your experience. – less
Fun environment
Pricing & Signage Member (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: the people i met
Cons: the pay
Babies R' Us was a good job! My assistant managers were fun and I adored my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was having to quit and leave the people I grew to know.

Babies R' Us Photos