Bacardi USA Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing Company!
Corporate Relations Events and Room Reservation (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Working at Bacardi was an amazing experience! The culture, the people and the events: AWESOME.

Highly recommend this company... and their products.
Great Co Workers
Market Manager On Premise (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2015
Great brands to work with and plenty of tools to grow the business. I liked how I could take ownership of my area. Great benefit package
Marketing Department
Markt Assist to VP Markt Operations & VP of Vodka (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 12, 2015
Great company but going thru huge restructuring. No job security at all.

Worked with many great intelligent people.

I enjoyed every ups and down of my job. Several learning experiences throughout the 4 years I was there.
Pros
Free lunches and bottle samples
Cons
No Job security due to restructure
Company in transition
Director of Category & Brand Pricing Strategy (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 30, 2015
It is difficult for me to write a review of Bacardi that would be meaningful or accurate for current readers. There was a major senior executive restructuring both globally and in the US in 2014, and these new leaders have must likely put their own stamp on company structure, vision, and culture.
Pros
Great brands, great people, free lunch (delicious Latin/Cuban food)
Cons
Not certain what changes new management bring
Stable and comfortable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2015
Request insertion orders for magazine ads
Travel arrangements
expense reports
coordinate multicultural events
coordinate annual family picnic
monitor Bacardi Cares page. (Intranet with announcements and recap stories, incentive games
Pros
Free Lunches, benefits
Cons
no opp. of growing
Great people, poor management
Senior Cost Accountant, Bacardi Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2014
The culture is great, I enjoyed working for this company. I have worked for one the best teams and learned a lot in a very short time.
Bacardi USA
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJuly 3, 2014
My daily duties include managing depletions and ensuring that sales goals for the month and year are on track with company expectations. Meeting with distributor personnel to discuss opportunities in the market as well as ensuring that marketing plans and expectations are met. I have been fortunate to work with some great people during my time at Bacardi but am looking forward to new opportunities and challenges. I enjoy the ability to plan my own days and manage my own time effectively.
Pros
fun industry
Cons
work, lif, e balance
Overly Political due to Global, Domestic, and Family Run
Brand Director, Rum Category - FL (Former Employee) –  Brand Director, BacardiApril 21, 2014
-- Varied marketing roles
-- Remain objective and try not to get overly close to the plitics
-- Work/Life balance tricky because of lack of focus
-- Loved the work that was actually being done
Pros
free lunch, tons of events, great health care benefits
Cons
long hours, varying of focus, changing of job roles
Inefficient
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlaDecember 24, 2013
Inefficient processes and procedures. Extensive micromanagement
Business Analytics/Commercial Insights Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2012
The typical day consist of working on multiple projects performing analytical analysis on a myriad of business questions, sales presentations and executive summaries pinning consumer insights to help support a point of view. In most cases, the insights are to support sales gain more units or "facings" of Bacardi proucts on the shelf of retailers.

In regards to what I have learned, the liquor industry in the U.S. has a complex selling structure with data touchpoints at each of sby tage of the shipping process from manufactuerer to consumer. By mandate of the federal government, liquor companies must sell products directly to distributors (tier 1), who then sell to retailers (tier 2) that will ultimately end of in the hand of consumers (tier3). There are also an added complexity of open versus control states. In a control state, the state government "owns" the liquid and sells the through state controlled stores.

My immediate manager is a very seasoned category manager and has been a real mentor. My colleagues are supportive, knowledgable and savvy when it comes to working on projects.The hardest part of the job is finding a consistent measure to resport when analyzing the market acorss different geographical regions given the avialbility of data at each of the different levels.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the insights that are derived from the variety of sources.
Pros
free lunches, fun parties, holidays observed
Cons
limited opportunities in analytics, constant organizational changes, short term employment as a contractor
Fun place to work and learn about the industry
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2012
Fun, challenging and full of great people to work with. Lately there is a cleaning of employees who have been working in this company for more than 10 years. The family feeling has left the building...
Pros
fun industry
Cons
you might loos sight of what really is important, don't let this company determine who you are.
Worked for 2 years as a temporary employee
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 8, 2012
Worked for 2 years with no benefits as a temporary employee. They keep temporaries for too long
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad management

2.9