Bachrach Employee Reviews

Great team working environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 16, 2017
Walk in, clock in, process internet orders. Organize the store clothes lying around. It was not always the busiest day but when it was slow management knew how to cope with it being slow, and provided other tasks to do while in the store. Hardest part of the job was when shipments of new merchandise came in and employees had to hang the items of clothing as well as check in the new merchandise into the store software. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff. Great management was set in place that made employees feel like their job was important for the success of the company. Some of the things the job taught me were time management skills as well preparation. Also learned a lot of valuable customer service skills while working here.
A decent job for some quick cash.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 19, 2017
I made a lot of money here, but only because I performed well. When I went back the next year that didn't seem to matter though as my degree was not exactly what they were looking for to rehire. This is a temp job, not a career and does not offer much in the way of advancement.
Bachrach is a good place to increase rapport
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2017
The company is a place that can open your mind about entry level sales, because people always need a suit. The process can be difficult to adapt to, but it is well worth it. It starts with a suit, and can end with a returning customer. The goal is not to sell the suit, but to encourage the people to buy the suit from you.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Rejection happens
Laid-back culture - a family that gets the job done
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Unlike most corporate recruiting agencies, The Bachrach Group is about growing and succeeding as a family. Everyone comes in with a great opportunity to make money for themselves without being micro-managed in regards to call numbers and metrics. The upper management will go to bat for any and all employees and they are truly a great company to work for in this field. If you do well you will be rewarded and promoted as the company continues to expand on their nationwide reach. I would recommend TBG 10 out of 10 times to anyone interested in a staffing and recruiting career.
Pros
Flexible lunch/gym time hours, not micro-managed, great management team
Cons
Health plans are pretty expensive, no match on 401k
Very straightforward store Typical Corporate environment
Store Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 7, 2015
Great Clothing at great prices, Custom Suit program from 2008 to 2009 was amazing. Great shoe selection.

Employ of mixture of some experienced Sales team to brand new kids.

Too much pressure to follow corporate sales pitches which vs Very experienced qualified Sales techniques.
Pros
Price, Cust service, Selction
Cons
Mall, Corporate stiffness
Encouraging co workers with supportive managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fox Valley MallSeptember 1, 2015
This is more of a calm cool and collected work environment. Meeting monthly goals or even weekly goals can be a struggle but when you work with a team who loves to help one another grow and sell, not only does it make work easier but a lot more enjoyable.
Pros
flexible with your schedule
Cons
Too many suites!
Easy-going and enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJApril 8, 2015
I worked at BachRach over the summer and it is by far one of my favorite jobs I've ever had. The management was friendly and easy to get along with, and they were extremely flexible when it came to the hours. They train you fluently and prepare you to work with customers, they patiently work with you in any areas you may need help in, and although the job is designed to be competitive, they do not, in any way treat the job like a competition. The hardest part of the job is developing your own technique of making sales, because making sales is an important part of the job. The most enjoyable part is establishing your own list of regular customers.
Gained invaluable sales skills and experience
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI - Troy, MIMarch 25, 2015
Bachrach was a steeping stone to having good customer service skills. I learned how to treat customers with the right balance of attention and direction. Management was a great plus. I worked with employees who had been there since I was born. Their experience and wit taught me a lot. Co-workers were easy to get along with because we helped each other out. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job. That was maintaining a client database. Working at improving my skills and following up with clients gave me the experience to run my own business (music producing).
Pros
Great management, good co-workers
Cons
Not enough choices in merchandise
Different
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Everyone was so nice and lovable. Very helpful and reliable . When i needed help they was there .
Sales Driven
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 3, 2014
A typical day included sales, client tracking, visuals, and to oversee tailor shop.

Want to know more about Bachrach?

Ask a question
fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 5, 2014
met people from all over the world, tour guide was a fun job .. The experience took me afar..
Relaxed Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work in Bachrach included organizing the store to make sure merchandise was neatly displayed, helping customers find what they were looking for, offer customer suggestions, process customer transactions and returns and providing excellent customer service. The manager kept the store environment very relaxed and let the staff know the importance of making the customer feel welcomed and respected. This was my first job in retail and I definitely learned how to speak to customers in a personable, effective way and how to sell merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfied face of a customer after dealing with them and knowing that I did my job well.
Good work place but poor management and job security
General Manager (Current Employee) –  houston, txJuly 24, 2014
Good work place but poor management and job security. Company not sure of proper direction and attempts at success.
Fun to be in the mall, thats about it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eastland Mall in Bloomington IllinoisOctober 13, 2013
My experience was that the store was very slow and on commission its hard to make a good living. The draw was almost never met. The products sold were of good quality and the co workers made it fun at times. The management was not very good at keeping control of the store and driving business. The fun part was customer interaction and being in the mall. The cons are low pay and benefits, long hours at times, not much flexibility with having to work holidays.
Pros
Being in the mall, customer interaction, good quality products
Cons
low pay, no flexibility
Not so good experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 15, 2012
There was really a lack of leadership. The store manager that hired me quit a week later. There was no structure. People in cluding managers would leave the store for an extended period of time. There was no sense of job security. Even if 2 people would come in the store for an entire 8 hour shift you were still responsible for selling. I felt like the volume that was done in the store I was in did not merit such a high quota. There was not a fair structure to evenly distribure sales. It was every man for himself, which led to infighting. I loved servicing the customers. That was my favorite part. For me however, Bachrach was not a good fit.
Pros
great customers.
Cons
pay structure, lack of good management
Overall nice place to work
Tailor (Former Employee) –  MIJuly 19, 2012
Nice place to work when retail quotas are met. Reason that I stopped working there is because of store closing prospect.
Upscale mens store
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 8, 2012
Upscale mens clothinjg store with quality clothing. Small staff, located in a good mall.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
distance to home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bachrach. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7