Busy rehabilitation and wellness center located on Indy's south side is seeking a medical biller/accountant. Ideal candidate should feel comfortable working within a small family practice where we work as a team to assist the other members and health professionsals as needed with tasks such as: answering phones, fielding and scheduling patient visits and possibly assisting with front desk tasks when extremely busy. Everyday may be different depending upon patient load so you should understand what needs to be done 'that day' and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Verification of insurance and pre authorizations.
- Work on outstanding and new claim appeals, including Medicare.
- Communicate patient benefits either directly to patient or to front desk.
- Post and apply charges which are outstanding.
- Balance daily deposits against draw and receivables.
- Prepare and send patient statements.
- Post insurance payments from explanation of benefits.
- Followup with insurance carriers in regards to outstanding patient claims.
- Check and post outstanding daily charges from parient superbills.
- Contact patients in regard to outstanding balances.
- Work with front desk to ensure that patient balances are being collected at time of service as well as communicating which documentation should be collected from the patient for claims to be paid
- Assist in sending patient treatment notes and documentation to lawyers, adjusters and insurance carriers as requested.
- At least 5 years of experience and/or degree or certificate related to healthcare accounting or medical coding.
- Must be computer saavy and expert with general software: Word, Excel, Internet
- Medical software and electronic claims experience - Medisoft knowledge a plus.
- Paper claims experience.
- Ability to contact and professional speak to insurance adjusters, lawyers, medical doctors and patients in regards to claims follow up and payment.
- Must be familiar with CPT medical coding and knowledge of diagnosis codes.
- Ability to read EOBs and other documents from insurance carriers, and explain those to patients.
- Attention to details and excellent memory a must.
- Dependable and professional.
- Self starter and ability to start and complete tasks without micromanagement.
- Experience with chiropractic care, sports medicine, or other rehabilitation services would be helpful but not mandatory.
- Customer/patient friendly.
The practice offers health, life dental and vision group insurance as well as paid time off for major holidays. PTO is accrued and offered after six month of service.
Please provide resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
EXPERIENCE ONLY PLEASE! This is an accounting position, we are currently Not seeking a medical assistant. Thank you.