Badger Meter Employee Reviews

Great place to work with excellent opportunities
Senior Developer / IT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2018
I joined BMI with the acquisition of a company I worked for. I was salaried at a lower rate than my contemporary peers from making the company lean for sale. That is my only complaint, new employees are paid competitively and they do take good care of their employees. Like anyplace, the people around you determine how pleasant your experience is, and the group I worked with were the best.
supervisor
Inside Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIDecember 28, 2017
Inexperience supervisor, not timely feedback or one-on-ones. Not good training, or work documents to allow you to do your job successfully. Consitent favotism shown
Pros
having a job
Cons
favortism
slow paced very little career advancment
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 13, 2017
tested and troubleshoot newly manufactured circuit boards. operated on a shoestring budget. struggling in a very competitive market to get a quality product on the market.
You’re just a number and they will not compensate fairly
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 19, 2017
They decided to close down the building in Scottsdale and offered me a job to move tonwisconsin with the company. I was interested but when they made the financial offer it was 1 lump sum to cover the move. It was thousands of dollars short of what it would actually cost,there was no offer for a wage increase, and they would not even hear any counter offers. They also are being shady to get out of paying us a severance package. I liked everything about working there but it became obvious how little they care about their skilled employess
management
o Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2017
Management is really good here. Good people to work with, great benefits, three weeks of vacation time to start. Clean and safe work environment to work in.
Productive challenging and interesting workplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2017
A typical day starts with a fresh brewed pot of coffee, exchanging pleasant greetings to fellow staff members. Placing lunch and snacks in company refrigerator. Getting right to work on the days calendar events.

The great thing about working here is the none stop challenging work, varied assignments and different type customers.

Very Friendly staff and peers.

The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours in the day.
Pros
flexible, hard working, professional
Cons
work life balance
Good Company to work for
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIMay 27, 2017
Workplace culture was great, although they have a union most seemed unhappy about, not sure if its still going
was a great company to work for, i made alot of friends.
Very poor management
Machine Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2017
Worked here 4 years as a shop supervisor. If you are not a "yes" man, don't work here even if you know what they are doing is going to negatively impact the company. A very union type mentality company.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible upper management
Manufacturer Style n
Senior Software Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 31, 2016
This Company is an old manufacturer and it is not yet as developed in the Tech field as needs to be.It is working towards big achievements but I won't expect it to be in earlier than 5 years.
All Business
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2016
Arrive early work hard all day until time to go home. There are good people that work for Badger Meter. Customer driven reasonable to the share holders, pay is just "OK".
Cons
Ok
Technically challenging and fun work environment
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 28, 2016
Work and Badger Meter is fast paced and fun. We sell standard product lines and also sell custom solutions for aerospace applications. It is a technically challenging job and requires a technical knowledge base. Everyone in the company works well as a team. I enjoy working with customers to help them configure the best solution for their application.
Decent place to work
Calibration Technician (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 4, 2015
Decent place to work. Temp to Hire position. Have no complaints. Just wish the temp to hire was not so long. Can take a long time for you temp to hire contract to actually convert to full time hire.
okay work environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2015
It was very monotones work environment, management was okay. Enjoyed the co workers and the familiarity. I did the same thing all day.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2015
Great work environment. Great people. Ability to advance. I love the training, and the opportunity to interact with the entire company.
Badger Meter was overall a good company to work for.
Sr. Customer Service Rep, Interim Accountant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 28, 2014
I appreciated my job at Badger Meter. They paid me well and helped me provide for my family. The work environment was easy going and the stress levels are very low. However, management was not at all knowledgeable or coordinated to help provide the employees with the resources they needed to complete their jobs efficiently. Communication throughout the company was poor and provided too many open ways for error to occur.
Pros
The company paid me well and on time.
Good Company to work for
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2014
Badger Meter was a great company to work for. I enjoyed the employees as well as the management. I was just disappointed that the job relied on a client contract and at no time was this mentioned during the interview.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Wish it would have lasted longer.
Badger Review
Market Insights Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 5, 2014
Great people. Pace and work life balance are fantastic and there is enough innovation going on in the space to keep it challenging.
preventive maintenance
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 30, 2014
pull screw on molding machines, remove and install equipment
Pros
job
very good company
Technical Sales Proposal Writer (Former Employee) –  remote from homeMarch 25, 2014
Long standing, highly respected company in the Water Metering industry.
it was fun too
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Rio Rico, AZFebruary 3, 2014
i like to work whit people is fun i like it because it was only 5 miles from my house and also good people to work for but they moved to mexico other wise i would be working for them
Pros
no had are own lunches
Cons
had 3 braeks