Baer's Furniture Employee Reviews

I am just looking
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 30, 2017
As stated in resume I tried to sell furniture. I was somewhat successful each month. I fell in the upper middle for sales in our store. I do enjoy competition. We were given extra money for selling certain furniture. Always mattresses!!! Straight cash, no wait. My children were small and young. I didn't like working the hours. Holidays and weekends.
Pros
money
Cons
hours
Horrid Office Manager
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort MyersSeptember 9, 2016
I was one of a long list of employees to quit due to the Office Manager. When I was hired, I was told I would work "some weekends", I ended up quitting after working every Saturday and Sunday for 3 months. The absolutely horrid Office Manager and her hateful attitude were the last straw!
good place to make good money if you are willing to work 6 days a weeks.
Sales & Decorating Consultant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 28, 2016
great experience. made great friends. hard work will be rewarded. good management. good benefits. great incentive programs to reward excellent sales accomplishments.
Pros
sky is the limit for making money. great benefits
Cons
takes tremendous energy and long hours on the job.
office work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  caselberry floridaJuly 28, 2016
work is good till business gets slow then your job because slow too.
good company to work for they are like family and you get to meet almost all the owners in person so you know who you are working for. they stop by to check there business.
Great People
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 5, 2016
The employees who work at the Port Charlotte Baer's Furniture are great. It's like an extended family. The manager is balanced and fair to all her employees. The upper management for this company are all related so room for advancement is few and far between. You may go as far as an Account Manager but don't expect to be a VP or CFO for this company as it's kept "all in the family". Also, since this is retail you'll be working nights, weekends and most holidays while the rest of your family is off having fun or at home relaxing. The benefits are standard but the company does have a 401K option (non-contributing of course) and they have a vision care plan which is nice.
Pros
401K, Healthcare
Cons
Work nights, weekends, major holidays, no room to advance
Good Company
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, flOctober 19, 2015
I liked it a lot, great place to work. Nice work load, not a lot of downtime though. You will be kept busy with filing and other tasks. Good work place for a hard worker.
Pros
Sometimes they buy you lunch
Cons
Some management isnt that friendly
Fast Paced Retail Home Furnishings Sales
Design Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 26, 2015
Good opportunity with honorable family owned, company. Management is fine and able to deal with questions and help in the sales process if necessary. Stocked merchandise caters to the consumer that favors a tropical or transitional look. Supportive office staff. The best aspect of the job is meeting and creating relationships with customers.
Great training for new hires
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Naples FlAugust 18, 2015
Great atomsphere meeting new people every day and working with fun outgoing people. Baers provides excellent service to customer concerns and issues. Out of every job opportunity you get a learning experience.
Poor management,low pay, little advancement
sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 15, 2015
Not a good example for management, not enough training for position, high expectations with little pay. High stress environment with lack of management. Would not recommend for long term employment. Only plus is hours and paid overtime. No paid holidays but expected to work. Salespeople are rude and demanding. Office is lazy.
Pros
overtime, hours
Cons
30 min lunch, pay, holidays
ok job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  FT LAUDERDALEApril 8, 2015
This job was so good to me I really liked the hours and the people was great to . Very helpful and easy going. And the pay was ok
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 27, 2015
Management is not helpful and the sales staff are mean and hateful people. The most enjoyable part of my day was when the day was over.
Enjoyable place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 26, 2014
I felt this company was my family. I loved going to work every day. I learned how to get along with all types of people, My supervision was like a best friend to me and I made many co-workers my close friends as well. The most difficult part of the job may have been meeting the dead lines as we were always short staffed and many times I had to take work home. We always made special occasions there huge for everyone and laughter was shared by everyone.
Pros
Comfortable enviroment
Cons
Salary was on the bottom scale of office workers and raises were few.
nice place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 19, 2014
was responsible for working with the clients and qualifying for designer assistance. learned how to set up the rug department.great merchandise.
Pros
management was unapproachable
Cons
no breaks
best company i have worked for
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 3, 2014
made excellent money and benefits hours were always a plus would work there again if able
its a life support occupation for those who like to be stable
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 26, 2013
this job was a workplace of a workplace for me. i enjoyed my stay at baer's furniture.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
o.k work place with a ping pong table
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 10, 2013
A day at work will be to unload 2 trucks put the merchandise into location then set up scanner to pull for delivery.working for baer's i have learned how to operate heavy machine's how to pull for a customer and how to inspect for damage's when it come's to my co-workers i wish we can work together more as a team,the hardest part of working there is putting up 2 trucks everyday from 7am to 11am back to back the most enjoyable part of working there is going home after trying hard not to get snitch on for nothing.
Pros
it's a place of work and i can make a liveing
Cons
no healthcare for the temps and low pay for every one
Just like the work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort, DRMarch 21, 2013
loading and unloading truck and putting furinture on put paint showrooms walls
Teen Mom Job
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 1, 2012
I was very young while I worked this job but I guess they didnt care, I was the only one at the store during my 5-7 hour shift. I loved being by myself to show that I can do it but I was still in training as they left me alone so i had to learn over the phone from another store how to do something.
Productive, and fun workplace
Warehouse, and floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FlMarch 20, 2012
A fun work place a very productive envoriment to work in. There are alway's different challenges everyday which iI like.
Pros
take trip's, and free lunch.
Cons
health benefits very good