Colorado Bag’n Baggage and Magellan’s recently joined forces to form the nation’s leading specialty retailer of travel goods. Both companies have catered to the elite traveler for more than 30 years and, today, the combined company offers a wide variety of branded and exclusive travel related products. We are seeking employees with a strong desire to be a part of a rapidly growing and changing operation who actively seek out new challenges.
This job is located in our corporate headquarters in the Cherry Creek neighborhood of Denver, Colorado.
JOB SUMMARY -- CONTROLLER
The Controller will be responsible for all accounting operations of the company. This includes producing monthly financial statements, timely review of monthly reconciliations, oversight of accounting staff, enhancing internal controls, enhancing current systems and accounting processes, and ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. This position will report to the VP of Finance.
- Manage daily operations of all accounting functions including, but not limited to, Inventory, AP, bank reconciliations and GL oversight
- Month end close including the production of financial statements and analysis of monthly operating results against budget / prior year in a timely manner.
- Maintain a system of controls over all accounting transactions
- Preparation and review of complex journal entries and reconciliations
- Coordinate information to external auditors for annual audit
- Training, coaching and mentoring of employees
- Maintain compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ad hoc analysis and other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required— Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- CPA Strongly preferred, at least 6 years of progressive experience
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills, this person will be leading a team of 3-5 people
- Strong PC skills, including Access, Outlook, Word and advanced Excel
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MAS200 and FRX accounting software a plus
- Retail experience, knowledge of Retail Pro a plus
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Competitive salary and fun working environment
- Full benefits available including medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.
- Convenient central Denver, CO location in the heart of Cherry Creek
SALARY RANGE: $65,000-$75,000