BAGCRAFT PAPERCON Employee Reviews

Well staffed company, talented co-workers, fast paced environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2012
This was a fast paced job that required heavy phone and data entry activity. The CS dept was staffed properly but a few bad apples made life difficult for others. The upper management had a good grasp of their goals but did not communicate well with our department. The benefits were fair and the workday went very fast due to the amount of work that was done.
very friendly environment from manager to to emplyees .......great people no comment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  2700 Norcross GA 30071July 4, 2012
I was working as machine operator, and I learnt so much about machinery .The long work hours was so pleasant.
Even though the manager looks scary to lot of people , he was one of the best guy on this floor if can have a chance to know him.
unfortumuately I got some bad attituddes coming from a supervisor that I could not bear any longer ....but the salary and the extra hour work was good and very enjoyable
challenging, fair work environment good pay and benefits.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Baxter Springs, ksOctober 27, 2012
I started at bagcraft in baxter springs, KS just as a temp worker, and didnt really intend to work there very long, the start pay for a packer was only 9 dollars an hour.. but after working there only a month i was asked to move up to a 14 dollar an hour position running a machine. I have now been there for 4 years and am now making almost 18 dollars an hour. The health insurance is pretty good, and we have lots of chances for time and a half and double time overtime. The work is challenging, but the management is reasonable with their expectations. We are always pushed to do better, but are not treated badly if we cannot meet those expectations as long as we are trying hard and doing our best. The hardest part of the job is trying to run enough product to meet our hourly quota for production while meeting the quality standards,and managing waste output, as well as keeping up with the cleanliness and organization of the plant. The best part of the job is the pay, and that we have paid breaks. We have two ten minute breaks and one 20 minute lunch. a few times a year we have employee lunches and prize giveaways.
Pros
paid breaks, decent benefits and pay, good work environment.
Cons
standards for production sometime difficult, quality standards high.
productive and friendly environment
crew leader (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 14, 2016
the 10 years that I've been at Bagcraft I've learnt to be onetime, respect the people above me, help and train as many people in different fields and to work as a team. IAM A TEAM MEMBER WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
Big warehouse
Warehouse Packer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 4, 2016
Coworkers was very friendly and so was mangament. I got a chance to see what was coming out in the stores before anybody else. I like this company because we got discounts on appreal clothing.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 25, 2013
A work day is very productive and I have gain five years of experience in Manufacting Industry. Work well with others.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
15 mins lunch breaks
Breakroom with vending machines and microwaves.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 11, 2015
my typical day at work is checking the truck schedule, going to each machine getting work orders, pulling orders, unloading truck appointments. Management is ok, some laid back some like to micro manage you, sometimes there's disagreements, but at the end we agree to disagree. I like my co-workers we got each others back working together as a team, to get the job done. The hardest part of the job??? well!!! after being there for 10yrs, it's simple for me. If there's a problem, remain calm, find a solution and correct it. The enjoyable part of the job is our monthly safety meetings, if we go 30days accident free, we have coffee and cakes and talk about safety topics.
I'd learned more on different producers in inventory,shipping and receiving.
Production Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2012
A typical day there for me was collecting production reports, finished good tickets,wip tickets,putting these all into their proper reports. Being a back to the shipping department by doing BOL's when supervisor wasn't available. Some of the manage was okay. As there was many areas needed to be improved on. The biggest one was communication. Co-Workers I got along with everyone. The hardest part of my job was cooperation from employees when trying to solve inventory errors. I got my satifaction by knowing my reports were accurate as possible. Which was hard to do as errors where found daily finished good tickets and production reports coming in from co-workers.
Pros
you had upper management respect.
Cons
losing my job.
It was a good place when i started put just kept going down hill after we was bought by a corp.
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAJanuary 15, 2013
I Ran the press dept. which was flexographic printing,Had helped all the new hires on what to do on running ther lines,and i have some lean training,I also supervised on and off for around 3 yrs and have had angermanegment class and went to a class on managment. I had worked at bagcrft for 12 yrs and before that i supervised for 4 yrs at Zeta consumer products and was at that place for 14 yrs till the shut the doors
Cons
healthcare
fun enjoyed workin in the climate controol enviorment
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 2, 2014
i learned that i hv do enthing if u put ur mind to and the never give up on a assighment untill the job is done and hard work will pay off
Pros
1 hour lunch break and 2 15 min breaks
typical day at work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2014
I get the order sheet from my floor manager. I now know what size bag I have to make, what colors ink I need If any, and what size paper is needed. Making the former to the size of the bag is complicated but after that its worth it when the product is produced.
Pros
Learning how to do your job better with the help from your coworkers with experience.
Cons
dealing with glue
Very challenging place to work. Requires alot of hard work.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Baxter Springs, KSJune 9, 2012
Most of the employees were very good to work with. There was one supervisor that was not good at talking to the employees and made you upset quite a bit. However, I enjoyed working with the people and the manager was very nice and complimented your good work.
Pros
daytime job
Cons
very hard work, alot of physical requirements
Productive, fun envrionment
Press Helper (Former Employee) –  Baxter Springs, KSMarch 2, 2014
it's a very fun place to work. The only downside is you have almost no chance of ever getting hired on full time.
Pros
Fun place to work and nice employees
Cons
Low pay and very little chance of getting hired. you can work your whole life as a temp
Productive and layed back work place.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2014
Making boxes for machines assigned to me ..
How to use a electric hand jack.
Not to say.
Some very friendly
Its not a hard job at all .
My two 25 mins. Breaks
Pros
NONE
Cons
TWO 25 MINS. BREAKS
Job experience can depend on location
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Baxter Springs, KSJuly 23, 2014
Come face to face with customers. Use computer and knowledge to help customer with finding car parts.
Great Work place with some great people
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAApril 24, 2014
A lot of hard working team members.

Good, clean, Safe workplace
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of outside involvemernt
Great Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
I enjoyed working there and the staff and managers were very nice and great to work with.
Ambiente de trabajo alegre
Supervisor production (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Al principio se siente negativo el ambiente porque nadie te quiere enseñar a trabajar, a menos que les caigas bien, pero si uno se empeña a hacer su trabajo y sobre todo hacerlo bien veras las cosas con facilidad y mejor vision.
Pros
los beneficios te ayudan mucho y son buenos
Cons
el salario es muy bajo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAGCRAFT PAPERCON. Our community is ready to answer.