Bahama Breeze Employee Reviews

Not worth the time, money, or stress
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2016
I worked for bahama breeze for 3 years it was mostly chaos and catching up. Though i stayed under the radar most of the time corporate america was in full effect. Threats start from the top and work there way down to the actual people who keep the wheels on that machine working. Employees are over worked under payed and under appreciated. The managers never seemed to be on the same page and usually didnt check their personal issues at the door. And boy did they love to get involved in the gossip. The only good thing about that place was my co-workers! Many of which are still my friends. But thats where the positivity ends. Ive seen the best of people jaded by this company. Though the GM was cool honest and a fare man i hold him responsible for the actions and behaviors of his management team. Im mad at myself for putting up with the pure nonsense for so long. Truly a waste of my life.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
Poor tips, bottom of the barrel happy hour crowd, unprofessional condescending management, no breaks, long hours
Very friendly and customer service oriented company to work for.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I had a great time working for Bahama Breeze. This company gives their employees great benefits after being with them for several years. Management works hard to maintain a professional, yet fun atmosphere. They have a great choice in music that keeps the flow going with the Caribbean vibe.
Pros
Half off food!
Cons
Half off food only while your working
Very fun place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 10, 2016
Coworkers aren't very friendly but the management and kitchen staff are superb! I loved going into work everyday. They offer 401k, medical benefits and advancement opportunities
Unorganized and Poor Management
Server (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 2, 2016
When you first join this team everything seems well put together, but after a few weeks everything begins to fall apart. This place is far from consistent. Management really only gets their act together when their boss comes in for a visit or when TQ comes in for their quarterly inspections. Other than that, you could go through a full shift without ever seeing a manager. Management fails to adhere to the same standards they hold everyone else to. If you need some thing from any of them, they try to pawn the task on to a service professional or pretty much make you fend for yourself.
Pros
Fellow servers, fun time at work
Cons
Management, organization
Good money, difficult management
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 18, 2016
While the workload is incredibly light for how much money you can make here, management has a huge problem with communication. There is always something that is not available due to not being ordered.
If you ask one manager to do something, and they tell you yes, its almost a guarantee that no one else knows whats going on and you'll get in trouble when doing the thing you already asked permission to do.
People who have worked for this company for years walk all over the people in charge and treat their co-workers badly because they think they have the right to.
Pros
50% off, small workload, decent money
Cons
management, co-workers seniority, too many employees to keep track of
Fun work place with a Caribbean-style environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work is very productive. I've learned to create island style cocktails and also maintain a steady pace to get me through my busy shifts. Management is great, supportive and motivating. Some of the co-workers weren't as helpful as others, besides that staff is great. Hardest part of the job is trying to please any and every guest. The most enjoyable part of this job are the people that I've met and established a friendship with.
Pros
Great vibe
Cons
Terrible insurance
Great company
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 29, 2016
On a typical work day, I would bus around 50-100 tables and roll about 300-600 silverware. I learned to communicate in a fast paced environment. Time and organization management were big factors in my job. Overall, the job was tough, but I was paid well, and I had co-workers who treated me with respect.
Great company
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2016
I have really enjoyed working for Bahama Breeze, Opportunity for growth and advancements are available Great work environment and fun people to be around. Love it!
Bahama Breeze
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in. Management very bad. Enjoyed co workers and weekend shifts. Customers very friendly. Difficult part about the job was dealing with disrespectful management team. Great part was hard working team members
Pros
weekend shifts
Cons
management
Cutomer Service
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2016
Working at Bahama Breeze has helped me from being shy and timid. I was able to face my fears with speaking and holding conversations with those I did not know. Your constantly greeting tables and doing spiels. To transition my approach to guests, I had figured out how to greet each table with same spiel but different approach, such as, switch my suggestive sell item. That worked in my favor, because each table was to see I know my job. When high volumes of guests come to the restaurant, you need to have self control and confidence, know your job, and feel each customer out to see what you can do different on your way back to check on them.
Great place
Server (Captain/Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
a great restaurant with a great team working culture. Always busy being on idrive so nice high volume. typical day was normally the same day in day out but everything had a place and everyone had specific sidework
Important learning experiences
Waitress/Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 11, 2016
The main thing I have learned working at Bahama Breeze is that a lot of things don't work the way you want them to, but excepting them and working through makes it a little easier to accept them. I learned that I'm not going to like everyone that I work with, but being professional towards them inside the workplace is the only thing you can do, and if they don't do the same back only shows who they really are.
Cons
Short/no breaks
Always busy learn somehing new each day.
Line/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 26, 2016
Love it, clean and great fresh food. The work ethnics its amazing. They are flexible and understanding. The work with and they are fair. Great benefits and able to grow.
exellent workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 8, 2016
As of today, i can say that Bahama Breeze is a great place to work at. the management has always put their employees above everything else which brings a sense of care to each individual.
a great company
Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 9, 2016
This is a great company to work for. There is alot of money to be made and they teach you how to maximize profits. Alot of room to grow!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Productive and a friendly environment.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 26, 2016
Keeps me moving and get the job done. Best part is you can take your time but i rather get it done quick. The associate i worked with were like family too me and always would communicate with one another. The managers were friendly and knew how to get the restaurant organized and running all the time. The hardest part i would say is when we don't have a certain item to clean but it is really rare.
Pros
On your time
Cons
No benefits
Productive, fun work place
Host (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 6, 2016
A typical day at Bahama Breeze is generally busy and there is something different every day. I learned how to better communicate with, and assist customers. The management was excellent. My co-workers were all down-to-earth and easy going. The hardest part of the job was mainly dealing with distressed customers, which was not too bad because everything else is pretty straight forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good time with my co-workers and being able to help.
Great Job for college students
Server (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 9, 2016
If you like dealing with people and having a flexible schedule, this is the the job for you. I do not mind working at this place because I enjoy what I do. I just need reliable money. If you are a college student this may be the job for you.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not enough money during winter season
enjoyed working there.
Server (Former Employee) –  Tyngsboro, MADecember 14, 2016
like the good and most of the people just thought that the atmosphere was to young for me. great place to learn to serve as an entry level job. I was treated fairly because I am a hard and dependable worker.
Pros
fun job
Cons
to young a crowd
great work place
Server/Trainer/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 22, 2016
bahama breeze provides an excellent environment not only for their customers but for their employees as well. working there was a lot of fun and hard work would recommend this place for anyone who loves a good challenge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bahama Breeze. Our community is ready to answer.