Bahama Breeze Employee Reviews

Good money, difficult management
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 18, 2016
While the workload is incredibly light for how much money you can make here, management has a huge problem with communication. There is always something that is not available due to not being ordered.
If you ask one manager to do something, and they tell you yes, its almost a guarantee that no one else knows whats going on and you'll get in trouble when doing the thing you already asked permission to do.
People who have worked for this company for years walk all over the people in charge and treat their co-workers badly because they think they have the right to.
Pros
50% off, small workload, decent money
Cons
management, co-workers seniority, too many employees to keep track of
exellent workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 8, 2016
As of today, i can say that Bahama Breeze is a great place to work at. the management has always put their employees above everything else which brings a sense of care to each individual.
Bahama Breeze
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in. Management very bad. Enjoyed co workers and weekend shifts. Customers very friendly. Difficult part about the job was dealing with disrespectful management team. Great part was hard working team members
Pros
weekend shifts
Cons
management
Fast pace with a fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
Bahama breeze is a fun restaurant that had live music in the evenings. You learn to work as a team when the restaurant is really busy.
Very fun place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 10, 2016
Coworkers aren't very friendly but the management and kitchen staff are superb! I loved going into work everyday. They offer 401k, medical benefits and advancement opportunities
a great company
Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 9, 2016
This is a great company to work for. There is alot of money to be made and they teach you how to maximize profits. Alot of room to grow!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Not worth the time, money, or stress
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2016
I worked for bahama breeze for 3 years it was mostly chaos and catching up. Though i stayed under the radar most of the time corporate america was in full effect. Threats start from the top and work there way down to the actual people who keep the wheels on that machine working. Employees are over worked under payed and under appreciated. The managers never seemed to be on the same page and usually didnt check their personal issues at the door. And boy did they love to get involved in the gossip. The only good thing about that place was my co-workers! Many of which are still my friends. But thats where the positivity ends. Ive seen the best of people jaded by this company. Though the GM was cool honest and a fare man i hold him responsible for the actions and behaviors of his management team. Im mad at myself for putting up with the pure nonsense for so long. Truly a waste of my life.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
Poor tips, bottom of the barrel happy hour crowd, unprofessional condescending management, no breaks, long hours
N/a
Server (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 2, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. Customers are great. Repeat customers and pretty good as far as keeping employees. Would recommend to others as far as a good place to work.
Pros
Serving Job
Cons
Serving Job
Fun work place with a Caribbean-style environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work is very productive. I've learned to create island style cocktails and also maintain a steady pace to get me through my busy shifts. Management is great, supportive and motivating. Some of the co-workers weren't as helpful as others, besides that staff is great. Hardest part of the job is trying to please any and every guest. The most enjoyable part of this job are the people that I've met and established a friendship with.
Pros
Great vibe
Cons
Terrible insurance
Fun place to work
Pro Host (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL 33323June 7, 2016
A typical day at work, is meeting, and greeting many different people from all walks of life.

Dealing with the public can be very difficult at times, because people have many different need, likes, and dislike. I am a team player, and a team leader at work.

The hardest part of my job is to keep everyone happy during very busiest periods at work.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is achieving company's golds and targets.
Great experience
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 1, 2016
I learned a lot and enjoyed this job. I liked the fast pace enviorment and all of the staff that worked there. It was overall a great experience for me.
Productive and a friendly environment.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 26, 2016
Keeps me moving and get the job done. Best part is you can take your time but i rather get it done quick. The associate i worked with were like family too me and always would communicate with one another. The managers were friendly and knew how to get the restaurant organized and running all the time. The hardest part i would say is when we don't have a certain item to clean but it is really rare.
Pros
On your time
Cons
No benefits
Love
OPENING SERVER (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAMay 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. Very busy and built great relationships with fellow co-workers along with the guests. I would recommend this place to all friends looking for a first job,
Awesome place to work.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 15, 2016
Great place to work. Management is business-oriented. Team work is shown everyday by employees and management. Awesome communication.
Amazing Place
Lead Server/Shift Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 24, 2016
Loved the management and the staff here! Great environment and great atmosphere to work in. It never felt like I was at work. I probably never would have left, I just relocated.
very fun place to work at learn alot there
Line cook (Former Employee) –  3900 organge place,beachwood ohioApril 19, 2016
i was the expo there only way to work expo you have to know every station so if someone need help i go back there. also be came corp. trainer open several stores for them
Productive, fun work place
Host (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 6, 2016
A typical day at Bahama Breeze is generally busy and there is something different every day. I learned how to better communicate with, and assist customers. The management was excellent. My co-workers were all down-to-earth and easy going. The hardest part of the job was mainly dealing with distressed customers, which was not too bad because everything else is pretty straight forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good time with my co-workers and being able to help.
Great Place
Bartender/Server/Cook/Expo (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2016
Co-workers were fun and hard working. The managers were friendly and approachable. Enjoyed making regulars and meeting many new people.
good workplace
SalesClerk/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Benton, KYFebruary 26, 2016
Their no longer in business but yes I liked working for them my manager was nice I liked the customers the job was easy it was a tanning bed company
Amazing place to work, great employees and benifits
Sales and Administrative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 12, 2016
Great and loyal customers who are happy to see you every time they come in. Amazing food and drinks crated by our corporate chefs and mixologists.One of the best place to work in Virginia.