Bahama Breeze Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Assist cooks and kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 16, 2017
I love working for this company, unfortunately I do not wish to work nights. which is why I only work 2 days a week at this time. Great place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benifits
Good People
Server (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAAugust 14, 2017
I have worked here for a couple years now and I really like it. The only things I don't like is sometimes the management is hard to deal with. The only reason I say this is because of over staffing the floor plan and lack of communication at times.
Pros
fun people, can use your phone
Cons
You're there all day and night sometimes
Productive and a good environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2017
I love to cook so the job was a greet experience. If I had to go back I would . The manger are understanding. The restaurant has many station and I learn all of them .It was great team work
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short break
Fast paced
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 13, 2017
Weekdays are pretty slow. Friday-Sunday the place gets really busy. With Excessive wait times. Management really come together to solve issues with large problems in sitting and kitchen malfunctions and back ups,
Pros
employee discount on food
Cons
little to no break
fun place
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 4, 2017
It can get a little hectic at times but over all its a fairly easy and fun job. The schedule is pretty flexible so work life balance can be maintained.
Restaurant Life
Hostess/Greeter - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 3, 2017
• Greet guests personally and by telephone
• Provide appropriate seating arrangements
• Set up Dining rooms and make reservation arrangements
• Maintain clean and organized spaces including both interior and exterior of the restaurant
Okay
host, meaning (Former Employee) –  Tyngsboro, MAAugust 2, 2017
It was okay working there. I enjoyed my coworkers but the turnaround was crazy it was like a revolving door of people that worked there which shoes the quality of job it is.
Pros
Free quality food
Unprofessional and unorganized
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38133July 29, 2017
My time working there was filled with utter confusion. The workers were childish and did anything they wanted and the managers were the same. I never knew my schedule ahead of time and never received a break.
It is what you make it
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 27, 2017
I personally loved working for Bahama Breeze. I was young and never served before and they were so willing to teach me everything I needed to know. A lot of the people I worked with complained a lot only because they weren't willing to change their mindset. You are on your feet the whole time and without many breaks. We got to choose if we wanted breaks because breaks meant losing out on tables and money. I worked hard and made my guest feel as if they were on a vacation and it made my time very fun and worth it! There are people out there that don't tip, but don't get to upset over it because there are many people who do! It literally is what you make it. Work hard and reap the good benefits.
Pros
Fast pace, always moving, interaction with people, good tips
Cons
Not good pay hourly
Wonderful Bosses! Great team atmosphere!
Server (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 26, 2017
Loved working there and was promoted accordingly. I hated to leave due to relocating. Every day was a new experience, and the management really cared about us.
Worse job I ever had
Server (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 20, 2017
Managers don't care about you, your life or availability. So unorganized and could care less if you were assigned your tables or whether you've been sat.
Pros
50% off during shift and 25% off for you and 6 more when you are off
Cons
no breaks, bad management
great place to work at
Chef Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work at. Make sure you always come with your A game. No slackers won't survive.Management are awesome always trying to make staff better. If you like the restaurant business bahama breeze is a great place to work
Pros
scheduling hours
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Co-workers were amazing, management could have cared a little more
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2017
I have learned alot about the service industry working at bahama breeze. had some of the best co workers there, the management was nothing to brag about.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Fun family style restaurant that's always changing
Bartender, Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2017
Bahama Breeze is a very fun, upbeat restaurant that's always changing to keep food and drink menu up to date and recent to today's modern crowd. With the best happy hour in town, the environment at Bahama Breeze is always fun and we're always surrounded with an exciting crowd.
Love
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2017
I love my job great people to be around love to step in the building and do my job great food and people... Love the music and the vibe I get each and every day
Management can be rude and some of the servers are too.
Host (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 3, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this place, disorganized and stressful. People talk down on you and give you a hard time and leave it up to you to figure everything out and get mad if you don't. I don't get paid enough for it. Also, they don't advance the people that should be advanced.
Not a good choice for a server
Server (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 1, 2017
The food is great and the atmosphere isnt half bad, but the largest downfall is the happy hour specials twice a day and the customer base that this restaurant brings in. There is no automatic gratuity for parties of any size. So during happy hour when our appetizers are half off and we have drink specials, we can get a walk-in party of 15 people or more, and there bill is only $120 and they leave a $6 tip, not to mention take up your whole section for and hour and a half. This job did not have a good income potential no matter how good of a server you are.
Pros
Atmostphere
Cons
Customer base, two happy hour specials, and not enough opportunity for good money.
Fun place to work!
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 30, 2017
Great place to work, fast paced environment. If you like Caribbean food you will love this restaurant! Food Is they have a live band music Is great!!
Ok work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2017
I was a lead server, they had good communication, clear written guides, management was good at times. Hardest part was handling rude guests, made some great friends
Pros
Good food
Cons
Work environment
Caribbean themed
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2017
Fun atmosphere, live music, open kitchen. Friendly staff. Attention to detail is really enforced. Safety is also harped on constantly. They do have a complete staff at all times, with two cooks on a station during peak business hours
Pros
Kitchen has been together for a long time
Cons
Late closes on the weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bahama Breeze. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval