Bahama Breeze Employee Reviews

Bahama breeze
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Overall good job never had any complaints.
fast paste manner and answering customer questions.
Staff was easy to get along with
I loathed working for this company
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2016
I would never work for this company again. Under trained staff members. bad management etc. Horrible work enviornmnent
Extremely fun but challenging work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Bahama breeze was an incredible position. It was fun and challenging. The management was absolutely amazing and extremely professional. Learned about the island culture and got to experience new foods. Co-workers where very helpful.
Pros
Food People
N/a
Host (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 28, 2015
The customers we dealt with on the regular were a pain half the time but gave me a chance to learn with different types of people.
Fast pace work enviorment
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2015
Serving at Bahama Breeze is fast pace and a high energy workplace. So many people to serve and large parties. What I've learned is that every guest is different and how to adjust my service to give them the best dinning experience possible. Management is not the best in my opinion. My coworkers are like family. We may fuss and annoy one another but we all have each others backs. Everyone is so helpful. Most enjoyable part of working here is the beautiful sunsets on the water and meeting new people everyday.
Overschedule,most disorganized place in the world
Server/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 2, 2015
My experience at Bahama was an alright experience as far as the money, you get really great money in tips, but your generally taken advantage of and scheduled out of your availability. The worst thing about this place was the disorganization. There is absolutely no communication between staff and employees.
Pros
50% discount, good money
Cons
disorganized, short staffed, horrible management
Typical Resturant
bartender (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 23, 2015
Fun place to work filled with people happy to be of service, after all that is the Bahama Breeze Way. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers that treat the staff poorly.
Pros
Networking
Cons
healthcare
Management is Terrible
Bartender/Trainer/Server (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 15, 2015
The co-workers are cool, management is a joke. I transferred here only because I moved and went from 40 hours a week to 4. I hate this place!
OK place to work
host (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 15, 2015
I've been working at the one in Virginia Beach as a host for about a month mangers show favoritism ALOT! servers there have attitudes for days. I had open availability and they only schedule me once or twice a week or sometimes never in a result to that I get paid rarely nothing and had to look for another job and if your new people try to run you around like your a maid while they sit and do nothing. Its been a bad experience I thought this would be a great job because of the new setting but I was clearly wrong.
Pros
Get half off of food
Cons
Scheduling is horrible, bad tempered employees/managers
Its an owned restaurant
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MANovember 9, 2015
Because this place is owned by someone, instead of a corporate, they dont really care about their co-worker, they can always replace you and are not scared to fire you on the spot.
Fun and great work atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 9, 2015
Love working at Bahama Breeze. Management is caring, they make the work environment easy going and enjoyable. Sometimes business gets slow but its almost always good money.
Hostess at Bahama Breeze
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 23, 2015
Friday, Saturday, and Sundays were always fun and very busy. There was always something to do there. Greeting customers as they walk through the doors also giving the final farewells. Sat guest to their tables and taking to go orders. Running food to tables and busing table some nights we were absolutely swamped.
Pros
co workers were amazing
Cons
No scheduled time off ever, always a start time never a set time to leave
fun place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2015
great money,very hard work have to work 6 days to be able to make that money.managment is very good about helping you to deliver the best guest experience.
Awesome
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 14, 2015
Worked for two years here and started off as a server and became a certified trainer and bartender. Miss the job but wants to branch out to other field.
Fun people, shoddy management.
Server (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work money wise; a few stingy tippers here and there (especially during the late night happy hour), but otherwise not too bad. Loved my co-workers, though managers seemed to not communicate with one another as well as they could (a lot of he said/she said).
Pros
Money, food, people
Cons
Miscommunication
High pace environment with upbeat attitude
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 12, 2015
It is imperative that you maintain a positive demeanor in order to facilitate positive relations with clientele and colleagues. You must multi-task priorities in order to not fall behind on the many and various client needs.
Great Food, Horrible Company to Work For
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 9, 2015
Long Work Shifts with Minimal Breaks
Opening the restaurant was the most challenging.
Other than that the work environment was relaxing.
A fun and fast past job
Server (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GeorgiaAugust 26, 2015
As a server at Bahama Breeze, I am always moving a million miles a minute. Darden restaurants hold high standards for their servers which compel you to always work hard and strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. Also, at Bahama Breeze we like to set our teammates up for success, so working as a unit is extremely important. Bahama Breeze has taught me to always be five steps ahead of myself in the work environment. If you do not have a game plan then you could crumble under the workload given to you. Also, I have learned what it takes to be a valuable team member. I know I can pull my own weight in any situation at work. The most enjoyable part of being a server for Darden is knowing my guests are leaving the restaurant happy and satisfied with their experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, great management, amazing coworkers
Fun Caribbean style bar
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2015
Great place to work in a fun environment. We have very high volume and many drinks to provide.
I have learned so much as a bartender, how to mix and garnish drinks properly, how to handle stress due to high volume, to manage cashier, up sell products while keeping guests happy and engaged, and to be a well rounded enthusiastic employ!
Pros
Fasted pased
Cons
Poor management
Very lively environment
Server/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 4, 2015
Typical server job, make good money (most of the time), but the long hours and particular attitudes of guests and coworkers can make the job very tiresome.