Bahama Breeze Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, fun work place
Host (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 6, 2016
A typical day at Bahama Breeze is generally busy and there is something different every day. I learned how to better communicate with, and assist customers. The management was excellent. My co-workers were all down-to-earth and easy going. The hardest part of the job was mainly dealing with distressed customers, which was not too bad because everything else is pretty straight forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good time with my co-workers and being able to help.
Productive and a friendly environment.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 26, 2016
Keeps me moving and get the job done. Best part is you can take your time but i rather get it done quick. The associate i worked with were like family too me and always would communicate with one another. The managers were friendly and knew how to get the restaurant organized and running all the time. The hardest part i would say is when we don't have a certain item to clean but it is really rare.
Pros
On your time
Cons
No benefits
Fun place to work
Pro Host (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL 33323June 7, 2016
A typical day at work, is meeting, and greeting many different people from all walks of life.

Dealing with the public can be very difficult at times, because people have many different need, likes, and dislike. I am a team player, and a team leader at work.

The hardest part of my job is to keep everyone happy during very busiest periods at work.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is achieving company's golds and targets.
A fun and fast past job
Server (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GeorgiaAugust 26, 2015
As a server at Bahama Breeze, I am always moving a million miles a minute. Darden restaurants hold high standards for their servers which compel you to always work hard and strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. Also, at Bahama Breeze we like to set our teammates up for success, so working as a unit is extremely important. Bahama Breeze has taught me to always be five steps ahead of myself in the work environment. If you do not have a game plan then you could crumble under the workload given to you. Also, I have learned what it takes to be a valuable team member. I know I can pull my own weight in any situation at work. The most enjoyable part of being a server for Darden is knowing my guests are leaving the restaurant happy and satisfied with their experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, great management, amazing coworkers
Fast pace work enviorment
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2015
Serving at Bahama Breeze is fast pace and a high energy workplace. So many people to serve and large parties. What I've learned is that every guest is different and how to adjust my service to give them the best dinning experience possible. Management is not the best in my opinion. My coworkers are like family. We may fuss and annoy one another but we all have each others backs. Everyone is so helpful. Most enjoyable part of working here is the beautiful sunsets on the water and meeting new people everyday.
Extremely fun but challenging work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Bahama breeze was an incredible position. It was fun and challenging. The management was absolutely amazing and extremely professional. Learned about the island culture and got to experience new foods. Co-workers where very helpful.
Pros
Food People
Overschedule,most disorganized place in the world
Server/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 2, 2015
My experience at Bahama was an alright experience as far as the money, you get really great money in tips, but your generally taken advantage of and scheduled out of your availability. The worst thing about this place was the disorganization. There is absolutely no communication between staff and employees.
Pros
50% discount, good money
Cons
disorganized, short staffed, horrible management
Love
OPENING SERVER (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAMay 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. Very busy and built great relationships with fellow co-workers along with the guests. I would recommend this place to all friends looking for a first job,
Great experience
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 1, 2016
I learned a lot and enjoyed this job. I liked the fast pace enviorment and all of the staff that worked there. It was overall a great experience for me.
Amazing Place
Lead Server/Shift Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 24, 2016
Loved the management and the staff here! Great environment and great atmosphere to work in. It never felt like I was at work. I probably never would have left, I just relocated.
very fun place to work at learn alot there
Line cook (Former Employee) –  3900 organge place,beachwood ohioApril 19, 2016
i was the expo there only way to work expo you have to know every station so if someone need help i go back there. also be came corp. trainer open several stores for them
Awesome place to work.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 15, 2016
Great place to work. Management is business-oriented. Team work is shown everyday by employees and management. Awesome communication.
OK place to work
host (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 15, 2015
I've been working at the one in Virginia Beach as a host for about a month mangers show favoritism ALOT! servers there have attitudes for days. I had open availability and they only schedule me once or twice a week or sometimes never in a result to that I get paid rarely nothing and had to look for another job and if your new people try to run you around like your a maid while they sit and do nothing. Its been a bad experience I thought this would be a great job because of the new setting but I was clearly wrong.
Pros
Get half off of food
Cons
Scheduling is horrible, bad tempered employees/managers
Very Hard fast paced enviroment,hard to get lunch breaks
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2013
When i arrive at work i stock and get ready for the rush,Clean and maintain ticket times! What i have learned about this company is the management crew is not on the same page with ideas,performing,and daily expectations.Also it's very hard to get a break because of the volume of business! Some of the co-workers are nice but there is such a high turn-over rate at this locaton, you really never know what to expect! Most of all the emloyees are spanish which is a problem when they don't speak english on the line, it's very hard to work with them when there not speaking english! The hardest part about the job is the volume of business and the way they schedule for the late hours of the restraunt! The most enjoyable part of this job is the food that's about it!
Pros
great benefits, decent hourly rate!
Cons
manage not on the same levels, work hours vary, very late work hours
Great Place
Bartender/Server/Cook/Expo (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2016
Co-workers were fun and hard working. The managers were friendly and approachable. Enjoyed making regulars and meeting many new people.
I loathed working for this company
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2016
I would never work for this company again. Under trained staff members. bad management etc. Horrible work enviornmnent
High turnover rate.
Server, cook, host, prep (Former Employee) –  Brandon FloridaApril 5, 2013
If you want a job where your manager treat you like trash. Apply right away. Management Will do nothing for you without complaining.
Job hours? A joke, expect to not knowing how much you will work a week. Sometimes you will get 15 next week barely even 30. Nobody will ever get 30hrs a week only if your a trainee your allowed to get 40+. Bahama breeze will see you home if you go over your hours. They do that so they don't have to give you benefits. It's A joke !!!!
High turnover rate job numerous people have quit or just walk out on them. You get blame for everything.
Pros
lmaoo none
Cons
high turnover rate, no breaks, lack of management, no hours, horrible benefits i can keep going its sad.
Amazing place to work, great employees and benifits
Sales and Administrative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 12, 2016
Great and loyal customers who are happy to see you every time they come in. Amazing food and drinks crated by our corporate chefs and mixologists.One of the best place to work in Virginia.
good workplace
SalesClerk/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Benton, KYFebruary 26, 2016
Their no longer in business but yes I liked working for them my manager was nice I liked the customers the job was easy it was a tanning bed company
Bahama breeze
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Overall good job never had any complaints.
fast paste manner and answering customer questions.
Staff was easy to get along with