Bahama Breeze Employee Reviews

Fun tropical atmosphere
Server (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Happy Hour
Cons: 1/2 off employee discount
Working at this restaurant was very easy, it has a caribbean escape to all the guests. Along with the atmosphere it however had very helpful managers. A day at work consisted on making guest smile and satisfied with their dining experience. Each co worker had their own personality and that what i enjoyed the most! The hardest part of the job was not having enough arms for all the carrying. (plates, glasses, etc.) The most enjoyable part was feeling like it was summer all year around in the restaurant.
Enjoyable Fast paced setting
CASHIER/HOST/FOOD RUNNER, TAKE-OUT (Former Employee), 12395 SW 88th St, Miami, FL 33186July 19, 2015
The most loveliest part of working in the company is being face to face assisting guests. Here I can apply my customer service skills and work in a team as well as independently. The team is very supportive and helpful , which is something you seek in any company.
Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge VAJuly 14, 2015
Bahama Breeze is part of Darden Restaurants, it is a well run company. Fresh ingredients, fun environment and pleasant staff. The only thing I can recommend is that the managers work more as a team to cover all aspects of operations.
menu is to cheap my only problem
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAJune 9, 2015
Pros: fun to work at, great enviroment
Cons: cheap menu, cheap guests
Being a server sometimes a cheap menu is not the best thing
especially having a lunch menu on the weekends. The Managers and staff are fun and nice. i love the lounge area outside from the guest point of view and the live music also brings a great vibe. The happy hour is Great... for customers but not for servers.
Fun, exciting work enviornment
Server (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: Short breaks
Teamwork was a must, smiles from everyone, my team members became my best friends. Management was awesome, open door policy. Always a wonderful vibe, music, dancing. Fresh food, and a very clean organized work place.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, management, excelent food
Cons: none
I really enjoyed working for this company. I have many memorable experiences here. I loved the fact that when I went to work I felt as if I were on vacation verses working. The atmosphere was like a Caribbean escape. We had great food, and live music. I made many life time friends while working here. The management worked with you verses against you. They were always open to hear your ideas, as well as they had open door policies.
Understanding and overcoming
Bartender - Server (Current Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 10, 2015
One of the most important things I've leanred is to not make the same mistake twice. Also asking a variety of questions to confirm orders to avoide any confusion to ensure order accuracy.
Inappropriate work environment
Server (Current Employee), Brandon, FlFebruary 23, 2015
Cons: vulgar coworkers, inefficient training, lack of professionalism
I just recently started with the company, and have hated it every time I've gone it. I was hired as a server with no serving experience and was guaranteed enough training before I was sent out to serve on my own. They 'trained' me for three days before sending me out to serve tables alone. Training consisted of me following a server for all of maybe half an hour per shift, and then cleaning other peoples' tables and running food - this taking up the other 4-9 hours of my shift/double shift. I also have never carried 3 or 4 plates at a time, especially hot plates, considering this was my first food industry job. I would constantly be ridiculed for not knowing how to do that in the first three days of working. Coworkers would talk to each other with disrespect constantly. They'd yell for people to get the bleep out of their way and call each other names that Indeed won't even allow me to post because they're so vulgar. They would yell at each other a lot, and managers would see this happening (usually in the kitchen area) and they'd laugh or ignore it. Everyone was extremely vulgar. They would also tell me to do other peoples' jobs, whom were usually in the kitchen or at the side of the bar on their phones. The guys would talk very descriptively about doing things women, which made me very uncomfortable.

Overall, this location was very tense for anyone that has a censor.
Hostess
Service Professional, Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAFebruary 19, 2015
• Handled customer complaints and issues.
• Assist team members throughout the shift.
• Train new staff
• Process cash register at end of shift and make sure cash amount is balanced.
• Made sure customer food orders and a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain a sanitary work environment
Ok work place
SERVER (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: half off meals
Cons: poor work structure
A typical day at work would be arriving on time for my shift, and performing great customer service. This job taught me the basics of customer service in a restaurant/hospitality setting. Management was poor as we continuously we getting new managers which made it hard to establish a solid and stable team to work with. Co workers were awesome though. There wasn't anything i can recall as being hard at this job but the enjoyable part would be eating the delicious food!
Work's Work
Hostess (Current Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Management's okay. Being in the restaurant industry, most people come and go so it's hard to accommodate with that sometimes, especially as a host.
Fun workplace, Co-workers and teamwork are amazing, fun food.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Tukwila, WAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: co-workers, food
Cons: break-room, management
Management is the worst part. I've been working there for almost 3 years and they still don't consider me a server because i'm too good at being a hostess. I get constant good feedback and my guests adore me, but it meas nothing to my management.
Great learning experience.
Sauté Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Wonderful opportunity to learn different aspects of food service.
Great place to be in the right area`
Shift Captain (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJDecember 10, 2014
The best part about this job is how many new people you get to meet! Not only do we come across our customers, but also the people you work with. I have worked in 3 different locations and nothing compares to the friends I have made there.

The slow season gets really rough because there aren't so many shifts, but we have way too many employees.
good
server (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: food, happy hour
Cons: always running out of stuff
Easy place to work in, everyone is laid back even the management. Good atmosphere, especially on the deck when they have live music playing.The best days are on Thursday, great happy hour and spanish music. It turns the deck into a lively fun place to be, with everyone dancing and enjoying the music.
Tropical environment, up beat live music
Server (Current Employee), las vegas, nvNovember 16, 2014
Pros: really emphasise on teamwork!
Cons: no breaks, no employee meals, very slow half of the year.
My typical day at at works starting off assessing how busy the restaurant is, I love to start my shift off reviewing my work area to make sure everything is stocked. I prefer to be set up for success and like having all materials needed BEFORE it gets busy. I like to work smarter and not harder. If however, we are busy when I first walked in, my guests always come first. I have learned from this management team at Bahama Breeze to consolidate my time and efforts the best.
The hardest part of my job dealing with my job is mean customers. I have learned in almost the 3 years of serving that as long as you try your best, do the steps of service correctly, try to personalize each guest experience and that no issue is to small for management usually any problem can be fixed.
Bahama Breeze location in my opinion, is not good. We are located far enough away from the residential areas that very few locals go and far enough from the strip that we miss all the tourist foot traffic.
My favorite part of my job is some co-workers and when I have guests who I connect with and we BOTH have a wonderful time together!
Awesome Place To Work
Greeter (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: everyone is smiling and 25% discount on all food.
Cons: no cons
Bahama Breeze is a great place to work. Managment is amazing and listens to your needs and is very flexiable with the schedules. The co-workers are awesome as well. It is very laid back enviroment and gives you the feeling that you are in the island when you are really at work.
Good family restaurant
Line Cook (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaOctober 20, 2014
prep, cook, clean.
learned new style and ways of cooking
Management was always easy to communicate to
great co workers always willing to lend a hand when needed
Leaving
coming into work
Easy place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 15, 2014
I was allowed to work full time around my full time school schedule. They were always willing to help me reach my goals.
Fun, fast-paced environment to work in!
Bartender (Current Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 14, 2014
Pros: 50% off employee meals.
Cons: no breaks. pay is not steady.
On a typical day at work, I do a lot of prep work for the rest of the day. I interact with many different types of people and make sure they enjoy their experience at Bahama Breeze. I've been with the company for a while and have learned a ton. I've learned how to deal with many different situations that I was put in. I've gained a lot of customer service experience and know how to deal with all types of people and their needs. The hardest part of my job is keeping guests happy when things go wrong that are out of my hands. The most enjoyable part of my job is conversing with so many different people each and every day and seeing the smiles on their faces when they have had a great experience with me as their bartender/server.