Bahama Breeze Employee Reviews

love, love
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 28, 2016
so much to learn and so much to do. I enjoyed working in an fast paste environment. Great food and great people to worked with.
Pros
Great Concept
great work place
Server/Trainer/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 22, 2016
bahama breeze provides an excellent environment not only for their customers but for their employees as well. working there was a lot of fun and hard work would recommend this place for anyone who loves a good challenge
Important learning experiences
Waitress/Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 11, 2016
The main thing I have learned working at Bahama Breeze is that a lot of things don't work the way you want them to, but excepting them and working through makes it a little easier to accept them. I learned that I'm not going to like everyone that I work with, but being professional towards them inside the workplace is the only thing you can do, and if they don't do the same back only shows who they really are.
Cons
Short/no breaks
Fun work place we all take care of each other
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Virginia beach blvdOctober 13, 2016
Dedication fast working employment opportunities smiling and greeting all customers being able to train at other stations
Unorganized and Poor Management
Server (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 2, 2016
When you first join this team everything seems well put together, but after a few weeks everything begins to fall apart. This place is far from consistent. Management really only gets their act together when their boss comes in for a visit or when TQ comes in for their quarterly inspections. Other than that, you could go through a full shift without ever seeing a manager. Management fails to adhere to the same standards they hold everyone else to. If you need some thing from any of them, they try to pawn the task on to a service professional or pretty much make you fend for yourself.
Pros
Fellow servers, fun time at work
Cons
Management, organization
Always busy learn somehing new each day.
Line/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 26, 2016
Love it, clean and great fresh food. The work ethnics its amazing. They are flexible and understanding. The work with and they are fair. Great benefits and able to grow.
Good money, difficult management
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 18, 2016
While the workload is incredibly light for how much money you can make here, management has a huge problem with communication. There is always something that is not available due to not being ordered.
If you ask one manager to do something, and they tell you yes, its almost a guarantee that no one else knows whats going on and you'll get in trouble when doing the thing you already asked permission to do.
People who have worked for this company for years walk all over the people in charge and treat their co-workers badly because they think they have the right to.
Pros
50% off, small workload, decent money
Cons
management, co-workers seniority, too many employees to keep track of
exellent workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 8, 2016
As of today, i can say that Bahama Breeze is a great place to work at. the management has always put their employees above everything else which brings a sense of care to each individual.
Bartending position
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109September 6, 2016
A job that required a mass amount of physical demands. Required an extremely hard working mentality to be successful. Job was made enjoyable by the regulars at the bar and the great people I worked with behind the bar. I loved to bartend and engage with guests daily at the bar.
Bahama Breeze
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in. Management very bad. Enjoyed co workers and weekend shifts. Customers very friendly. Difficult part about the job was dealing with disrespectful management team. Great part was hard working team members
Pros
weekend shifts
Cons
management
Fast pace with a fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
Bahama breeze is a fun restaurant that had live music in the evenings. You learn to work as a team when the restaurant is really busy.
Very fun place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 10, 2016
Coworkers aren't very friendly but the management and kitchen staff are superb! I loved going into work everyday. They offer 401k, medical benefits and advancement opportunities
a great company
Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 9, 2016
This is a great company to work for. There is alot of money to be made and they teach you how to maximize profits. Alot of room to grow!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Not worth the time, money, or stress
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2016
I worked for bahama breeze for 3 years it was mostly chaos and catching up. Though i stayed under the radar most of the time corporate america was in full effect. Threats start from the top and work there way down to the actual people who keep the wheels on that machine working. Employees are over worked under payed and under appreciated. The managers never seemed to be on the same page and usually didnt check their personal issues at the door. And boy did they love to get involved in the gossip. The only good thing about that place was my co-workers! Many of which are still my friends. But thats where the positivity ends. Ive seen the best of people jaded by this company. Though the GM was cool honest and a fare man i hold him responsible for the actions and behaviors of his management team. Im mad at myself for putting up with the pure nonsense for so long. Truly a waste of my life.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
Poor tips, bottom of the barrel happy hour crowd, unprofessional condescending management, no breaks, long hours
N/a
Server (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 2, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. Customers are great. Repeat customers and pretty good as far as keeping employees. Would recommend to others as far as a good place to work.
Pros
Serving Job
Cons
Serving Job
Fun work place with a Caribbean-style environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work is very productive. I've learned to create island style cocktails and also maintain a steady pace to get me through my busy shifts. Management is great, supportive and motivating. Some of the co-workers weren't as helpful as others, besides that staff is great. Hardest part of the job is trying to please any and every guest. The most enjoyable part of this job are the people that I've met and established a friendship with.
Pros
Great vibe
Cons
Terrible insurance
Fun place to work
Pro Host (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL 33323June 7, 2016
A typical day at work, is meeting, and greeting many different people from all walks of life.

Dealing with the public can be very difficult at times, because people have many different need, likes, and dislike. I am a team player, and a team leader at work.

The hardest part of my job is to keep everyone happy during very busiest periods at work.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is achieving company's golds and targets.
Great experience
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 1, 2016
I learned a lot and enjoyed this job. I liked the fast pace enviorment and all of the staff that worked there. It was overall a great experience for me.
Productive and a friendly environment.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 26, 2016
Keeps me moving and get the job done. Best part is you can take your time but i rather get it done quick. The associate i worked with were like family too me and always would communicate with one another. The managers were friendly and knew how to get the restaurant organized and running all the time. The hardest part i would say is when we don't have a certain item to clean but it is really rare.
Pros
On your time
Cons
No benefits
Love
OPENING SERVER (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAMay 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. Very busy and built great relationships with fellow co-workers along with the guests. I would recommend this place to all friends looking for a first job,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bahama Breeze. Our community is ready to answer.