Bain & Company Employee Reviews

Very stimulating environment
Management Consultant, Chrysler Motors (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: very strong and challenging environment with alot of young bright empkoyees
Cons: alot of travel
Of all my experiance I found Bain to be the most interesting and challenging. The one biggest problem is it is a very intense and demanding environment. There seems to be alot of turnover but I believe that is typical for most consulting companies because this is the nature of the beast
Hard but rewarding
Principal (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 24, 2014
Pros: committed leadership team; interesting and challenging issues
Cons: limited control over hours and travel
Client service is always challenging, but Bain is the best place to do it. Supportive colleagues and leaders, and engagements focused on our clients' most important issues, make it an incredible place to work.
Dependable
Office Service Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2014
I am very dependable work well with zero supervision can multitask. I take on challenges well. I strive for profection on every job that is hand to me. I meet delines and is determine to make the things that is put in front of me its best.
Great culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Chicag, ILApril 15, 2014
The company really tries create a great work/life balance. As an admin, you dont work once you leave the office - not encouraged or asked to bring home your computer.
Great Company
Media Specialist (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about corporate structure
Cons: need more economic diversity amongst employees.
Perfect balance of how a corporation should be. Very hands on with their clients and employees.
the Culture makes you feel apart of the team
Consulting Support Assistant (Current Employee), ChicagoFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: benefits includes good health & dental, as well as 401k plan
Cons: no advancement for my particular position
I have learned a great deal of information as an assistant to Partners and consultants at Bain. Even as part of the support staff team, Bain fills everyone in on the strategic process of gaining clients – more... and the direction it takes its business to help ensure the best quality service. Bain not only works hard, but they play hard as well. Every year their offsite meeting is held at Lake Geneva resort in Wisconsin. My responsibility is to assist the office manager with the up-keeping and functionality of the office. I am responsible for kitchen and office supply inventory. – less
Fast learning curve, great compensation
CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2013
Fast learning curve, great compensation. Work life balance is questionable.
Great Consulting Experience; Poor Life/Work Experience
Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2013
Was able to learn a great deal at a top consulting firm, but some co-workers created a negative workplace culture.
One of the best places to work if you enjoy consulting / client services
Case Team Leader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 13, 2013
Pros: great people; interesting work
Cons: long hours; demanding clients
Bain has a tremendous culture and is a great place to learn how best to identify ways to drive value at clients and then work alongside clients to capture that value.
Temporary graphic artist
Market Research (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 22, 2013
This was a short-term job, I was a temp manually creating charts.