Bain & Company Employee Reviews

Great place to work as long as you don't stay long
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Work life balance here is somewhat of a mythical creature. Always talked about within teams, yet elusive in actuality.

The work itself can be very interesting, and the folks you get to work with and alongside are great. However, teams aren't always crafted wisely. Poor team management (and a lack of proper communication skills) can lead to highly volatile experiences from project to project.
Pros
Great, smart, talented people
Cons
Highly volatile staffing model
Fast paced work environment with talented people
Case Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2015
Bain & Company is a great management consulting company, with talented people and a strong office culture that rewards success while being mutually supportive.

Like most firms, the company provides its employees with great benefits and perks and asks a lot in return - long hours and tough, challenging problems.

The people and office culture are wonderful and truly deserving of their reputation on places like Glassdoor, though the firm struggles with work / life balance and the flip side to the steep learning curve is the potential to burn out if you don't actively manage your time and are committed to the job.

But if you're willing to make that commitment, it's a wonderful place to grow your career.
Pros
Great 401(k), medical, high salary
Cons
Long hours, frequent weekend work
Very stimulating environment
Management Consultant, Chrysler Motors (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Of all my experiance I found Bain to be the most interesting and challenging. The one biggest problem is it is a very intense and demanding environment. There seems to be alot of turnover but I believe that is typical for most consulting companies because this is the nature of the beast
Pros
very strong and challenging environment with alot of young bright empkoyees
Cons
alot of travel
Hard but rewarding
Principal (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 24, 2014
Client service is always challenging, but Bain is the best place to do it. Supportive colleagues and leaders, and engagements focused on our clients' most important issues, make it an incredible place to work.
Pros
committed leadership team; interesting and challenging issues
Cons
limited control over hours and travel
Dependable
Office Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2014
I am very dependable work well with zero supervision can multitask. I take on challenges well. I strive for profection on every job that is hand to me. I meet delines and is determine to make the things that is put in front of me its best.
Great culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicag, ILApril 15, 2014
The company really tries create a great work/life balance. As an admin, you dont work once you leave the office - not encouraged or asked to bring home your computer.
Great Company
Media Specialist (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Perfect balance of how a corporation should be. Very hands on with their clients and employees.
Pros
learned a lot about corporate structure
Cons
need more economic diversity amongst employees.
the Culture makes you feel apart of the team
Consulting Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 18, 2014
I have learned a great deal of information as an assistant to Partners and consultants at Bain. Even as part of the support staff team, Bain fills everyone in on the strategic process of gaining clients and the direction it takes its business to help ensure the best quality service. Bain not only works hard, but they play hard as well. Every year their offsite meeting is held at Lake Geneva resort in Wisconsin. My responsibility is to assist the office manager with the up-keeping and functionality of the office. I am responsible for kitchen and office supply inventory.
Pros
benefits includes good health & dental, as well as 401k plan
Cons
no advancement for my particular position
Fast learning curve, great compensation
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2013
Fast learning curve, great compensation. Work life balance is questionable.
Great Consulting Experience; Poor Life/Work Experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2013
Was able to learn a great deal at a top consulting firm, but some co-workers created a negative workplace culture.
One of the best places to work if you enjoy consulting / client services
Case Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2013
Bain has a tremendous culture and is a great place to learn how best to identify ways to drive value at clients and then work alongside clients to capture that value.
Pros
great people; interesting work
Cons
long hours; demanding clients
Temporary graphic artist
Market Research (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 22, 2013
This was a short-term job, I was a temp manually creating charts.