Bain & Company Employee Reviews

great company
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
The foundation they apply for you to thrive at this company is un real. This is one of the best companies in the country and it was a honor to work there.
Program management and work culture lacking
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GADecember 20, 2016
While the overall mission is wonderful, the skills needed to work in this century were missing by entire staff.Program manager became angry for me moving checks and confidential information to the locked file room!
Great learning and people
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 5, 2016
Best training and learning environment immediately out of undergrad; great place to grow and learn for many years. Excellent people who are humble, kind, and exceptionally smart. People work hard and are intensely focused on delivering great results for clients, but also do not take themselves too seriously and know how to have fun together in the process.
Senior Specialist
Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 27, 2016
Pros: Fun, Collaborative, Fast-paced, Great exposure, Teams were supportive, Lots of learning opportunities

Cons: Silo'ed with some of the admin positions,
Professional and international workplace
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  South BeachMarch 12, 2016
I have the best team ever during my stint at Bain. My colleagues are very thoughtful and supportive. The working environment is professional. We all have one common goal of giving best-in-class service to our internal and external clients.
Bain and Company review
Data Entry Office Team (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Very nice atmosphere a lot of career orientated young professionals. A typical day included cold calling clients asking a question about their software vendors. The hardest part of the job was getting clients to sit through countless questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location and the office itself.
n/a
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  global marketingJanuary 27, 2016
Great company and great culture. Everyone is very supportive and the work is challenging (which is a good thing)! Office is located in a convenient area of Boston.
Great place to work and learn
Senior Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2016
I started my career here. Bain set my foundation for analytical foundation and problem solving skills that I have used throughout my career.
Great place to work as long as you don't stay long
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Work life balance here is somewhat of a mythical creature. Always talked about within teams, yet elusive in actuality.

The work itself can be very interesting, and the folks you get to work with and alongside are great. However, teams aren't always crafted wisely. Poor team management (and a lack of proper communication skills) can lead to highly volatile experiences from project to project.
Pros
Great, smart, talented people
Cons
Highly volatile staffing model
Best Company Ever!
Executive Assistant to Global Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Incredible place to work. They care about their employees and you are rewarded for your work. Best company I have ever worked for, however work life balance was incredibly difficult.
Pros
Beautiful suite, Management Cares About You!! Benefits, work with little to no supervision, trusting
Cons
Work-life balance
Fast paced work environment with talented people
Case Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2015
Bain & Company is a great management consulting company, with talented people and a strong office culture that rewards success while being mutually supportive.

Like most firms, the company provides its employees with great benefits and perks and asks a lot in return - long hours and tough, challenging problems.

The people and office culture are wonderful and truly deserving of their reputation on places like Glassdoor, though the firm struggles with work / life balance and the flip side to the steep learning curve is the potential to burn out if you don't actively manage your time and are committed to the job.

But if you're willing to make that commitment, it's a wonderful place to grow your career.
Pros
Great 401(k), medical, high salary
Cons
Long hours, frequent weekend work
fun workplace
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 8, 2015
You will love working here!

No room for advancement. Different day, same thing!

The attorney's take care of their employees!

Don't take anything personal on crazy busy days!
Productive and fun place to work, very family focused
Time and Expense Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
Daily workflow was steady and fast pace. The environment was very comfortable and friendly. They always made you feel like family.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch
Very stimulating environment
Management Consultant, Chrysler Motors (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Of all my experiance I found Bain to be the most interesting and challenging. The one biggest problem is it is a very intense and demanding environment. There seems to be alot of turnover but I believe that is typical for most consulting companies because this is the nature of the beast
Pros
Very strong and challenging environment with alot of young bright empkoyees
Cons
Alot of travel
Hard but rewarding
Principal (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 24, 2014
Client service is always challenging, but Bain is the best place to do it. Supportive colleagues and leaders, and engagements focused on our clients' most important issues, make it an incredible place to work.
Pros
Committed leadership team; Interesting and challenging issues
Cons
Limited control over hours and travel
Corporate Setting, professional environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2014
I enjoyed my eight year tenure at Bain Capital. Working along side a highly talented group of executives and being part of a great culture. A beautiful office space, plenty of resources and great charity opportunities made for an inspiring experience.
Pros
Fitness center and dining room
Cons
Very little flexibility with schedule and overtime
Great company to work for
Senior Coordinator, Global Human Capital (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
This is a great company to work for; great culture and work life balance.
Dependable
Office Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2014
I am very dependable work well with zero supervision can multitask. I take on challenges well. I strive for profection on every job that is hand to me. I meet delines and is determine to make the things that is put in front of me its best.
Great culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicag, ILApril 15, 2014
The company really tries create a great work/life balance. As an admin, you dont work once you leave the office - not encouraged or asked to bring home your computer.
Great Company
Media Specialist (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Perfect balance of how a corporation should be. Very hands on with their clients and employees.
Pros
Learned a lot about corporate structure
Cons
Need more economic diversity amongst employees.