BakeMark USA Employee Reviews

Allied Universal - Bakemark
POST COMMANDER (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CANovember 27, 2017
A pleasure to work with Bakemark employees. Being able to sample baked goods is a plus. Always enjoyed teaching new guards industrial security.
Fast and demanding
Machine Operator, Fork Lift, RF Barcode Scanner (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CANovember 7, 2017
Work place is very fast. Always something to get done around always on your back to get product out to be shipped poor management has caused a lot of work to be placed on hold not good at what they have going on. To much favoritism which makes your job more hard then what it really is.
Pros
free bread
Cons
short lunch for a 12 hr shift
Bad hours, great pay
Operator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNOctober 30, 2017
I was only there for the money. The hours suck unless you're single. There were weeks when we barely made 40 hours and weeks where we worked almost 60. Super inconsistent.
Pros
Make over $20 an hour with minimal education
Cons
They have ridiculously high standards.
I wasn't a good fit
warehouse janitorial supervior (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2017
it wasn't the job for me there was too much heavy lifting. a male dominated industry they were polite and curtious and respectful it just wasn't a good fit for me.
Good old boys club
Operations Manager (General Manager) (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAOctober 21, 2017
It is definitely a good old boys club you are either with the in crowd or you are not. Senior management has a god complex but middle management is great and the front line was a pleasure to work with. They just have a hard time getting their message across to the front line.
Pros
Well ran
Cons
good old boys club
Interview at Bakemark - Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAOctober 19, 2017
Very professional interview with two gentleman, Business Information Systems Manager and Director or Finance and a final discussion with HR manager. The company is growing so it's a good opportunity to expand into different areas if you are interested in food manufacturing. Great vibes.
BakeMark has been ping-ponged around for the past 3-4 years.
Director, National Accounts (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
BakeMark isn't going to change unless it does a rehaul in the management team. Old-school thinking and manage by threat mentality. Women are few and far between. HR is horrific. Sales technicians are amazing. Just needs new leadership, rehaul in culture.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive, room for growth
Office Supervisor/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2017
First 20 years awesome with plenty of growth potential. I was the "go to" person for all employees.We worked together as a TEAM. I trained, taught, inspired, promoted growth and knowledge. I was involved in all aspects of the business: HR, payroll, customer service, sales
Pros
I loved my job worked there twice. One for 20 yrs second time for 2 yrs
unstable company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Company was recently purchased. Leading up to that layoffs were made. No pay raises were given in the nearly five years I worked there. Seems to be inequality in male vs female employee pay scale.
It was ok in the beginning
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2017
It was o k in the beginning the pay is good I just got over worked and I felt like they didn't care about the employee they just cared about getting the product out
Pros
Pay
Cons
Over work u
temp job
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 22, 2017
csm bakemark good hard working job. It has multiple areas of job security. Need understanding with forklift operations,recieving skills,picking skills,packing skills,shipping skills,and loading skills.
OK place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 9, 2017
The hours were very long. Over an eight year period there was a 3X increase in business with no increase in staffing. OT went from 5% to 30%. Luckily the crew liked the overtime.
Pros
the associates
Cons
management
demanding company
Office Supervisor/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 6, 2017
Very pleasant work environment, however sometimes its never enough for your extra hours and no compensation. sometimes stressful and demanding. very fast pace.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
underpaid, not compensated for additional hours
Life
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 1, 2017
I enjoyed the time spent at Bakemark. Smaller distribution center and comradery amongst drivers. I left to pursue a larger corporation for the ability to utilize my degree.
Pros
Comrodery
Cons
Small
started out good - went down hill after a year
Territory Route Sales (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 2, 2017
To much tension in the office. No one gets along, They all seem to have their own agenda and not very willing to work with the other departments. Sales is hard enough, when you don't have the support you need - makes your job even worse.
Pros
sales - love my customers and being in my car
Cons
no vacations or days off, alway told bring your laptop and your phone, you have to be available 24/7
Restructure - Reorganization - Layoffs
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 27, 2017
Corporate management is poor; if your job performance is bad - you keep a job versus if you are doing well, you lose your job ... decent benefits but pay is on the low end
Well established brands in the industry
Director, National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJune 22, 2017
The hardest part of the job: maintaining consistency throughout the supply chain
The most enjoyable part of the job: working along side team members who were the brightest and most accomplished in the industry
Pros
Benefits, 401k, compensation
Cons
Workplace culture
Very demanding, and receiving late information to execute company initiatives.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 25, 2017
Start my day at 4am. Check emails and any additional orders that may have been texted or emailed to me. Leave the house with my daily plan and Goals for each customer that I see and to upsell them in that particular territory. Collected money when needed. I learned to organize and manage my time more effectively. Management can be a resource when needed. A very stressful work culture. Constantly being micro managed. Servicing my customers and helping us both win.
Pros
Flexable, 401K
Cons
Preach Team work but don't really practice it.Many departmental mistakes. Lack of sales support
Hard working
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 16, 2017
BakeMark was a real laid back company no real mangers or anything to check on you are if you ran into a problem they wont answer the phone have the time
Hard place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  California Pico riveraJanuary 26, 2017
Hard to keep a permanent position.. been there six months and still on call..Management isok no structure.over worked 10 to 14... 6 day weeks no time to spend with my kids.. stressfully inviornment fast paced..
Pros
Good money for single people...
Cons
No time for family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BakeMark USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8