BakeMark USA Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and interesting place to work
Senior Accountant (Public Corporation) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 19, 2015
BakeMark is one of the largest baking suppliers in the nation, with distribution centers nation wide,

BakeMark is a global company with presence in several European countries and North America, providing baking products to many different segments of the baking/food production industry.
Pros
Global company GAAP/IFRS practice
Cons
n/a
Very Challening, very little resources
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJuly 17, 2015
Ran on a very slim budget due to extremely small margins and profit; not given enough resources to run shifts, not enough fork lifts and lots of in fighting between departments
Pros
Owned by a much larger entity in CSM
Cons
poor management, lack of direction, lack of resources
If your looking for a job...I would keep looking
Driver (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WisconsinJuly 17, 2015
Management does not care about us driver's. Compensation pay is terrible compared to other food service driver's. Very unorganized. Turnover rate is extremely high.
Pros
insurance
Cons
horrible management, terrible pay, no communication
Good place to wrk. Lot's of stress for sales reps to make numbers.
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, Ca.August 10, 2015
Long hours, Lot's of stress. Co-workers are great. Products are outstanding. Training is very good. Management is hands on. Tech service is great.
Very laid back lots of physical work but keeps you in shape
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FlMay 30, 2015
Been working for BakeMark for 11yrs, crazy as it may sound but I love it. Trained by BakeMark you can say I'm home grown very nice people and management great co workers
Pros
Benefits lots of work
Cons
Equipment
Long Days, Poor Work/Life Balance
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Work days are very long. Very loud noises are heard constantly throughout the day, from the silos. The break room is very unpleasant. Atmosphere is very industrial.

On the positive note, co-workers are very friendly and their positive attitude creates a more satisfying work experience. There is lots of work, however many of the job responsibilities are very repetitive and therefore, limit your professional development.
Pros
lots of work, free donuts/pound cakes
Cons
short breaks, loud/work atmosphere, poor work/life balance
It's not a good place to work
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Pico RiveraApril 5, 2014
Once you work there, you will hear a lot of people complain about how the executive team micro manages every function of the business. They are so good at it, that the company was divested and repurchased by a private equity firm.

Their is no accountability from the executive team, only blame on those who work below them. It's unfortunate as bakemark is a good company but is being run by an executive team that rules through intimidation.
Cons
too many to list
Grand Prairie - grossly understaffed
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas / Grand PrairieJuly 19, 2014
BakeMark management is about the worst I have worked with in my 30+ years in the workforce.
There is no support for the ground troops or middle managers. There is a bully mentality from the corporate office that is completely rigid and often suffocating. Mandates come about with no regard of the effect they will have in the branches. Every good thing is contract and budget driven.
They do have great benefits for managers but that goodness does not trickle down in any way to the staff level employees.
In the Dallas branch they have a PTO blackout for the months of October, November and December. Some manage to get off but that is only when a supervisor completely defies the GM, something a responsible manager would never do. Fairness does not exist.

Serious consideration should be given before joining this company.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Challenging place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CADecember 5, 2013
The days objective was always the same. How you achieved it was the challenge as the operation was not regimented.
I learned to appreciate my family as it was good to come home every day.
We had four Operation Managers and three Warehouse Managers in four and a half years?
I enjoyed my relationship with my peers and subordinates as we all faced the daily challenges together and had a chance to laugh.
The toughest part was dealing with the computer systems that were always failing.There was always something not working.
I enjoyed the most the first day of the work week as it began on Sunday. My team was the only group working as all the other facility employees work week was Monday thru Friday.
Pros
steady work
Cons
breaks/lunches were few and far inbetween
You get out what you put in.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Branch SalesJune 12, 2014
A lot of opportunity for those who wish to separate themselves from the pack. The approachable Executive Management Team will coach / mentor you if you can prove to them that you are a potential leader and not just another employee waiting for the weekend.
Pros
advancement opportunity, few layers of management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 25, 2012
It's a good company but goals are unachievable so you never feel like you are completing what is expected or at best you are forced to take shortcuts which conflict with my personal and business ethics. Also requires management to work excessive hour’s 60-70 hrs weekly due to limited resources.
Cons
no balance to workload. too many hours with no work/life balance.
Learning Experience
HR Professional (Former Employee) –  Pica Rivera, CAMay 15, 2014
I learned a great deal about how NOT to manage my staff when I reach Management-level. I would not recommend working here as an HR Professional.
Pros
baked goods constantly available, friendly employees outside of my department.
Cons
no hr career advancement, micromanagement
inconsistent management technics towards employees
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJune 1, 2013
management has no accountability,values and teamwork.

Because of these faults the worker culture is the same.Negative work ethics and no teamwork.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no training....
Work as a team
Cash Specialist / Credit (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 12, 2012
Ability to multitask, meeting goals, help each other, taking up on new responsibilities, able to rearrange dept workload to cover the position until a coworker was back from recovery.
wonderful establishment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2014
I am a professional sales representative. Several years of sales and customer service.
Great Place to Work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2014
I consult with accounts and help them improve their business.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
n/a

2.8