BAKER & MCKENZIE Employee Reviews

Poor management
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 22, 2017
There is so much turnover at this firm. In my time there, there have been 4 employees in the HR department alone that have left, a major partner/principal left and took many clients with her that made several attorneys leave too for lack of work. More than 12 staff have also left due to work/company culture and environment.
Very quiet and relalxed envronment w/ pleasant people.
Legal Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Contracted there during the holiday season. Definately not a stressful atmosphere. Though I did have deadlines to meet, still the atmosphere was very mellow. I believe that tone was set by management. Very professional place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great people.
Cons
No cons.
Productive workplace
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  ParisJune 23, 2017
Employees are encouraged to learn and grow.
Good benefits, rewards and recognition, training and development, wellness, work/life balance (paid time off, leave, etc.), as well as workplace traditions
Great Firm, Politics Galore
Senior Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  philippinesApril 20, 2017
Their compensation package is likely always top of market. However, the politics and rumor mongering in the Manila office is something else. The other offices in the globe are likely far better.
Pros
Compensation Package
Cons
Politics
not employee focused -
Legal Secretary (Floater) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
could be a great place to work as the majority of the attorneys are decent; some partners don't stand up for the secretaries and allow other to dictate who should work for them, no matter how long the secretary has been with them. More ??? focused
Pros
none at this time
Cons
rather not say
Fun place to work
Administrative Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2016
Baker McKenzie was a great place to work i learned to type and Excel and word processing.I also was a mail clerk i delivered mail processed mail run postage used fed ex and ups machines.I delivered mail mail package and everything that the customer need directly to them on a daily bases.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
If you are young and are good at excel beware of upper management
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2016
Very political, upper management does not know basic excel skill and if you try to teach them. They will get upset and try to get rid of you because they are insecure of the new employees that have more experience than them.
Pros
the money, and its by the train station.
Cons
upper management
Productive and fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Provide a positive atmosphere to work in and room for growth along with great benifits and compensation
Excellent Firm
Baker closed its Real Estate Practice (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 10, 2015
I truly enjoyed my work with Baker & McKenzie, working on projects and attorneys around the world. Most clients were foreign investors and we not only acted as the attorneys, but also as the developer on most projects. I also had significant M&A work for Fortune 500 companies with offices oversees.
Pros
Develpment of properties world-wide.
Cons
No cons, except for the economic envirnonment
Financial Project Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Very intelligent leaders, data security is big here.
Fun working place with supporting management. Opportunities to integrate into company are available.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
N/a
Legal Analyst
Conflict Analyst (Former Employee) –  russiaJuly 17, 2015
great office I really enjoyed my time there. Very prestigious law firm and opportunity for advancement. Management was great and very helpful.
Great atmosphere and employees and supervisor
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 16, 2015
I worked in the Labor and Employment Department for the head of the department as well as numerous associates over he years. Took care of traveling arrangements, entering time, scheduling and cancelling meetings. I also transcribed dictation, e-filing, filing with state and federal courts.
Pros
good place to work
HR Dept. Knows NOTHING about law but tries to tell YOU how it works
Administrative Assistant; Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
When I started at Baker & McKenzie in the mid-1990's, it was a great place to work. The benefits and perks were outstanding.

In the early to mid 2000's, the HR ladies micromanaged a lot of great staff right out the door. I think they were threatened and wanted to get rid of the secretaries who had a solid position and tenure. Little by little, all the perks vanished and it was like working at a mill or factory. Everyone dreaded going to work.
Cons
Working for the worlds largest international law firm
Administrative Assistant; File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Working for two departments has been a rewarding experience. It has enabled me to become well rounded in many different skills as well as become accustom with many different aspects of the worlds largest law firm.

Since I had a duel role at Baker, each day would consist of different general responsibilities all while maintaining the flexibility to address each departments specific needs at any given time. With this there hasn't been much room for a typical day, each day has brought its own set of needs and responsibility. My general duties for accounting would consist of running cost reports, updating spreadsheets, creating cash disbarment requests, getting proper signatures, and answering inquiries regarding payment status from our clients, attorneys, and secretaries.

My responsibilities in our records department have been to assist overseeing our Account's Payable in take. I have helped establish new filing systems and have played an instrumental role in launching a new electronic records system using KwikTag. Due to my vast knowledge of this new system, I have also assisted different department through out the firm to become accustom. I also help manage our request mailbox in outlook, retrieving back up needed for various departments and clients.
Pros
Great benifits, professional development opportunites
Not so great place to work
Senior Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2014
No work-life balance and compensation for support staff is awful.
Busy lawfirm dealing with medical malpractice defense
Assistant to Partner in Litigation Dept (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Was fortunate to work for a partner in the litigation department handling medical malpractice defense.

My co-workers were great and I still all these years later stay in contact with some of them.
Pros
Busy law practice
Cons
No room for advancement
Overall Review
? (Former Employee) –  ?July 8, 2013
Great law firm, but management tends to hire very young staff throughout the firm ?
Pros
Nice perks, people were friendly.
Cons
The staff is very young
Engaging, Challenging, and Team Building
SAP Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2013
Excellent Project Environment. The management teams are understanding and very approachable and the teams are very smart.
Legal Secretary /Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2012
Enjoyed very much working for attorneys in the New York City office.

Great atmosphere. I was able to utilize my bilingual skills.
prodcutive a fun place
customs Supervisor (Former Employee) –  nogalesJuly 30, 2012
work with 8 different companies at one time
learen lots of stuff requierments , special permits neede dfor carring goods out etc
every co-worker had different shelter companies etc
hardest part was when all my shelter companies had ther requierments at the same time
enjoyable is that i got many thnak you letters
Pros
to much work