Baker College Employee Reviews

Baker College is Ok
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIAugust 14, 2017
Baker keeps reinventing itself so its little frustrating as an employee. I love the flexibility the job adds, love working with the students, over all the pay is lower than other colleges.
Excellent Experience with Fun Students
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIAugust 13, 2017
At Baker I was able to interact with a multitude of students and share my love of learning in the health care field by teaching the sciences. The students at Baker rotated on a quarterly basis and I was able to work with new groups on a continual basis.
Good Place to Work
Academic Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIAugust 6, 2017
Baker College is a good place to work as a second job for working professionals. There is a fun and casual working environment. I would not recommend for people looking to obtain full-time permanent employment.
Baker College has been a great source for career development
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIAugust 3, 2017
I learn so much working at Baker College as an Administrative Assistant. My favorite part of my job is working with our students. That's the real reward.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
We are downsizing
Productive and fun workplace
Residence Life Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MI 49442July 28, 2017
Loved working here. I could do my homework while at work, which was a plus. Interacting with students and staff was the best part. Everyone was so nice.
Constantly changing environment with a friendly atmosphere
Vice President - Finance (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 21, 2017
Baker College is an environment in that focuses on continuous improvement. The days are challenging but fun. There is a lot of longevity at the College as it has a family friendly culture.
Life at Baker College
Driving Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 20, 2017
Baker College is a great school to teach at, very through and helpful to ensure that a high standard is being meet.

I typically teach two to three classes a week and some times a drive session as well. My boss is awesome, he makes sure things are taken care of. The Dean of my program is very flexible with my availability, it has been a very happy unity.

Things that I have learned here at Baker is how to be a better instructor, learning to think out side the box when I help students learn and to engage the students in the learning process.

The hardest part of the job is working outside in the bad weather, nothing is really hard about the job when you love what you do.

My most enjoyable moments are; when students come back to me after they have passed their Third Party test, and tell me thank you for all the help and hard work I have put into them for their success.
Pros
very flexable with scheduling
Cons
because of Obama Care we are only part time
Major changes without much planning
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 16, 2017
Major changes underway, most of which have not been well planned. Very much a "let's see if this works" atmosphere right now. Work is piled on the good employees, while others get away with doing bare minimums. Management is aware, yet has done nothing to correct.
Cons
Unpaid lunch break, little job/life balance, no opportunity for advancement
Adjunct Job
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJuly 10, 2017
Was a good place to work. The people were good to work with. the environment was pleasant. Sometimes on occasion the department heads would send out conflicting information
Great College
Health Information Management (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 8, 2017
Baker college is a great place to earn a degree. I highly recommend this College to anyone looking to further their education. If you are good a fast paced learning this is the place for you

Want to know more about Baker College?

Ask a question
Absolutely loved the atmosphere and my co-workers.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJune 18, 2017
Absolutely loved the atmosphere and my co-workers. I did a lot of independent work, along with working in a team. If I had questions there were always multiple people that were willing to help me.
Lacking
Administrative Support, Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 14, 2017
There are a few management personnel at Baker who do not treat people with dignity or respect, which impacts employee morale. Company's go through restructuring for strategic purposes and I understand this, however it is the way business is handled that make all the difference. Baker College management personnel could benefit from taking a few management classes at... Baker College.
Great for helping with college funds
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MI 49601May 28, 2017
Working at the campus was a great opportunity. There is a college fund program where part of the tuition is paid for. It also gives the student a great opportunity to experience how the campus operates.
Business Professional
System Accounts Receivable & Title IV Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIMay 11, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Baker College for over 13 years. Within that time I have gained experience in customer service, sales, cash management, invoicing and accounts receivables.
Pros
Gained much experience in a wide variety of areas
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMay 3, 2017
Going to work was really like visiting family. Great atmosphere and culture. Hardest part of the position was to get the employees to have buy in when things were changing.
Reception work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIApril 26, 2017
Working as a receptionist in the dorms of Baker College I checked students ids as they entered the building. Checked in any guests that a student might have with them. I also answered the phone and did some light filling of papers.
Great Day at BC
Technology and Society Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI 48326April 19, 2017
Baker College was a great employer. Always received emails and other communications to keep you abreast of the organization. Questions were always answered within 48 hours. Pay was great for the Adjunct Instructors.
Excellent Empoyer
Assistant Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 30, 2017
Enjoyed working for Baker College, the staff was very professional and student oriented. My experience with taking college courses was very easy and organized.
Fun office
Financial Aid Assistant/Work-Study/Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMarch 29, 2017
Everyone is so helpful and polite, Everyone was always willing to help if you had any questions or concerns., A typical work day was steady without being over whelming.
Pros
Always learning
great job
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 29, 2017
This job is awesome. I love teaching and interacting with students. It is a a joy to see the excitement of eager minds. The staff are so helpful and professional. They make this job feel more like home and an enjoyable place to be employed.