Baker College Employee Reviews

productive
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 17, 2016
Productive , continous learning and developmental courses.Use of technology in the classroom . Online grading and homework make more time to lectures. The use of clickers give students promt feedback
Good academic place to work but has little regard for adjuncts
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 29, 2016
Baker College provides good education and has high standards for learning. Adjuncts are not guaranteed any courses to teach at all and the courses are not handed out by an objective system. Not a great place to work if you are looking for steady pay.
Pros
High standards for student academia
Cons
unpredictable schedule and often are left without any income as adjunct
Loved My Job
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIJuly 29, 2016
Baker was a great place to work with great people. I loved helping the students achieve their goals. However, because they are a private institution, the pay was low and the number of hours worked is long. They have great programs and helps prepare students for careers.
Pros
Great people and product
Cons
Long hours and salaries are low
Excellent learning environment
Work Study/Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIJuly 7, 2016
As a tutor, my days normally included assisting students with academic questions, one-on-one appointments with students struggling with math or English, and assisting in the training of other new tutors.
Long breaks, friendly coworkers, team work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 27, 2016
General knowledge of all aspects of housekeeping for a commercial building.
Comprehensive knowledge in maintaining records and preparing necessary reports.
Trained in Blood Borne Pathogens, HAZMAT, PPE, MSDS
Ability to understand and follow all safety precautions and work related directions.
Demonstrated capability to accomplish physically challenging tasks.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Not enough hours availabke
fun workplace
Bookstore Clerk/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 8, 2016
Baker is a good place to work, the staff and management were all very easy to get along with, and supervisors would have no problem working around your school schedule. Minimal nights and weekends made the job enjoyable. A great part time job.
Pros
quiet workplace
Baker is a great school at which to teach!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 7, 2016
A great place to work and teach. Sadly adjunct professorships carry little security and additional benefits.

Teaching requires a passion for the subjects and the students. it's sad that the educational shift in America is putting extra stress on schools to meet a graduation standard which may mean some students will not be granted access to higher education. If this happens schools like Baker will be hampered from serving a large part of their core students.
Pros
great college, great administration and faculty
Cons
adjunct pay is low. Security is uncertain.
Typical day at work
Math Tutor Work (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 1, 2016
My typical day at work is tutoring various students in areas of mathematics such as pre-algebra or trigonometry. I also solved technical issues at my job such as printer issues or customers having trouble on his/her computer. My favorite part about working at the library is that I met soo many different people from different backgrounds and I get to learned something new everyday. Probably the hardest part about this job is that I can't always help someone.
Great work environment
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 15, 2016
I love working here because being a full-time student and working full-time it gave me the opportunity to connect with new students who moved into the dormitory and I was able to get homework done as well.
Co-workers
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 12, 2016
Very genuine and down to earth staff. Good people who are active in their field of expertise, and offer real life experience to the students.
Professional and engaging atmosphere
MBA Program - Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 30, 2016
As a summer intern I was given meaningful and exciting work. All employees were welcoming and helpful and I enjoyed my time at Baker.
Professional Learning Enviroment
Computerized Accounting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 24, 2016
Teaching for Baker has been a very rewarding job. I am able to setup the tools I need to teach the course effectively utilizing Blackboard and on campus instruction.

The hardest part of the job is getting students to communication and learn to gain from each others views. I enjoy working with students and helping them achieve their goals, earning their college degrees.
Pros
Rewarding career
Cons
Different student learning styles with computers
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIApril 13, 2016
Learned all financial aid experience through Baker college. It was a wonderful place to work. Enjoyed serving my students.
Great place to work for a student
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 11, 2016
Very compatible with the student lifestyle. Adjustable hours, decent pay and does not interfere with class schedule.
Good enough
Hand out tools (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIMarch 29, 2016
They gave me a job and taught me i cant ask for more just i didnt owe so much in debt but could be alot worse. I did what it needed to and provided me with enough.
Great
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIMarch 25, 2016
I have overall enjoyed my teaching experience at Baker College. Everyone has been wonderful to work with and encourage a good educational experience.
Productive environment without stress
HVAC IT Assistant (Current Employee) –  ClintonTownship, MIMarch 23, 2016
Work unsupervised which makes me more effective. My Employer is very professional and laid back. I have built trust with Baker College to manage, organize, and maintain HVAC and Networking equipment.
Very helpful and understanding in building skills and abilities
Veterinary Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 21, 2016
I have grown so much in the classroom, and I am eager to bring my lessons into the real world. I feel very prepared to move on with my career and helping pets and their owners in my future.
Vastly growing
Adjunct Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 2, 2016
Baker College educates their staff and had a mindful talent of keeping up with current technology. This is a great company to work for. Master's Degree required for educators.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Converging to a University. Uncertainty with staff being employed from day to day.
Management is good
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 23, 2016
Everybody is good and friendly at baker college and I enjoyed working there. I taught English language, computer related courses and also Microsoft word, PowerPoint and excel.