Baker College Employee Reviews

Accrued experience
Faculty (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Learned related topics to teach classes.
Cons: Very little orientation.
Term to term contract. Asked to teach classes that were outside my experience (This is good and bad.).Pay based on number of credit hours worked, Not always offered classes/times I wanted to work.
Excellent College
Library English Tutor (Former Employee), Cass City, MIJuly 29, 2015
I received an excellent education and employment opportunity at this college. Very friendly work/study environment.
Baker College is one private college.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great health ins, paid vacations.
Cons: Promotions were not easy
I worked for Baker in Flint as a work-study in Career Services, before I as hired full-time. My typical day was based on position and depended on what quarter we were in at the time. I worked and did many different jobs over the years.

I work a lot with students, faculty and staff. I spent a lot of time answering phones, making files, filing, faxing, ordering supplies and sending out several hundreds of leads in my last position.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others, assisting as needed in any area.
Professional and wholesome place of work and study.
Student Work Study (Current Employee), Cadillac, MIJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Financial aid
Cons: Limited work hours per week
I've developed various skills that are useful for other fields of interest. I believe Baker College to be a friendly environment I just need more work hours within a week or more pay. As a student work study I earn minimum wage and have limited hours I'm eligible to work within a given year, for those reasons I am currently looking for an eager business to welcome me onto another team.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Jackson, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: MLT program discontinued
I love the environment. The student/instructor relationships seem to be great. The Dean of health science is knowledgeable and very accommodating.
Education
Career Services Director (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits!
Cons: Culture
I have the opportunity to work with students and how to assist them in being successful. I have had experience from admissions, to reviewing curriculum, assessment and data about student success.
I worked with program Deans and many other departments for collaboration for program improvement.
Management truly cares about their employees
Program Director (Former Employee), Allen Park MIApril 8, 2015
Baker College is a good place to work. The expectations can be overwhelming as even between quarters there are many mandatory meetings to attend. The pay does not always compensate our hard work.
Learning environment includes cultural diversity and professional encouragement
Interior Design Student (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, and Clinton TownshipMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Practical and up-to-date technical software
Cons: Classes only available once per year.
Education includes preparation for the real world. Educators share personal experience that make you feel that they care about your success and how to believe that hard work will help you meet your professional goals. They make you feel that the sky's the limit!
productive and fun place to attend school.
Student (Current Employee), Allen Park, MIMarch 12, 2015
Great place to get an educationwith a lot of hands on training. I like that it has smaller classroom sizes and tutors if needed. They also offer campus housing.
Fine
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Flint, MIMarch 11, 2015
It is an okay place to work as long as you know people. The supervisors are mostly cool an easy going. I worked in two different departments as long as you get your work done everything is cool
Great place to grow
Work Study (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 6, 2015
Pros: learning firsthand
Cons: not being able to use all technology to its capacity
I started here with the intent of learning all I could. Coming to realize that it is impossible to learn everything. The co-workers, some wanted to be there and some didn't. I did't care because that just pushed me to learn more. The management fully worked with us on scheduling and were complete professionals.
Management and other staf were available and willing to answer questions. Equipment and information needed to do the job was provided.
Nursing Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Cadillac, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: challenging position, new learning experiences every day.
Cons: i was told that i would need to get a master's degree within 18 months to continue in the position.
Enjoyed working as an Adjunct Clinical Instructor with student nurses in the clinical setting. Kept me up to date on what was new in nursing education.
Classroom Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Owosso, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good facilities and an opportunity to shape the curiculim
Cons: limited opportunity to move to full-time employment
I have found Baker to be an excellent place to use my primary expertise to benefit others pursuing careers in Information Technology. Their emphasis on active practitioners in the classroom provides me with additional incentive to maintain my own skills and knowledge.
Working in student records
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee), Flint MichiganJanuary 12, 2015
Advised students, evaluated college transcripts, maintained student records, processed transcripts. Management/reasonable, enjoyed working with co-workers enjoyed working with students
Low pay but stable and relatively hassle free
Online - Instructor (Former Employee), Flint MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: flexible working times
Cons: low pay
The college has been online since 1995 and has the processes down to a science. You tend to be pretty much on your own online with well done curriculum, but not much opportunity to interface with other faculty (typical in online). Pay per class is low.
classroom environment
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Flint, MIDecember 30, 2014
Pros: 4 hour classes once or twice a week
Cons: only part-time
Instructing students in the field of pharmacy, pharmacy calculations, and technology. The most enjoyable part of teaching is seeing students absorb and utilize skills taught.
Love the job
Adjunct Instructor-English (Current Employee), Flint, MINovember 13, 2014
I certainly enjoy what I do at Baker. There are limited opportunities for advancement but that is typical of the adjunct life.
Great people but no flexibility
Admissions and Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Allen Park, MINovember 6, 2014
Loved working here, loved the people, loved helping students meet their goals and find their passions. I struggled with the long hours as a salary employee. Time off was difficult to come by and leaving early if needed was rarely an option. Once I had children, Baker College wasn't a great fit for me.
Baker College
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee), Flint, MINovember 4, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, students, work environment
Cons: n/a
Awesome atmosphere working along side with others to disseminate knowledge change lives.
Not a good place to work due to no work-life balance. It's like you are constantly at work!
Nurse Faculty & Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MINovember 2, 2014
Very stressful and no work-life balance! I love teaching and it is my passion; however, they allow the students to disrespect their instructors.