BAKER CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Fast paced place to work,but a family atmosphere
Site QA/QC Manager (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXNovember 18, 2017
Fast paced good place to work, family atmosesphere. I arrive at 5 amattend a 5;30 KEYS mtg. create a inspection schedule and follow it. Hardest part of the job was riding the bus into and out of the site every day.
Pros
great per diem
Cons
lots of weekends(sundays)
Crane Operator/lift director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 8, 2017
Baker has been a good place to further my career in the lifting industry. I have been able to acquire more certifications and further my knowledge. And I am always welcome to work for them in the future.
great job
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHOctober 7, 2017
working here was a great thing for me, i learned so much about myself and my strengths at this company. thanks for the time and memories and the friends that i made.
Fast
Carpenter Helper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
It's okay but the some of the bosses don't let you do as much just because you're a helper and they that you seem so young. How are you expected to go up in positions if they don't allow you.
Bien ambiente laboral
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Siempre trabajo en equipo y tratando de dar lo mejor de mí mismo .
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Poco monto de pago
Concrete
Project Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2017
The largest concrete company in the United States with divisions from Phoenix, Ohio, Florida & Colorado servicing all surrounding states. Not project to big or too small for them.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Salary
Good work place
Laborer Foreman (Former Employee) –  5555 ravenwoods rd fourt lauderdealAugust 3, 2017
Working at baker u feel like a family they train u an teach u the basc they have gart benefits an good leader safe place to work i was proud to be a part of the family
5 Stars
Chief Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 3, 2017
Baker is a great company to work for, its just that relocating wasn't in my plans.I learned a lot about the construction business. The most enjoyable part was getting to meet different people.
very successsful
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 4, 2017
my experience with baker concrete was very special always taking care with the employees about the sefety secure and the safety ways of the used of the machines and how to protect ourselfs.
Pros
Cons
always do ours workouts of 15 minutes before work
Management has to work on communication
Concrete patcher (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2017
A typical day at work is me getting there and Doing our morning stretches and then i go inspect my fall safety gear and i acend up a Stairwell and i start chpiing and grinding my patch ereas then after i prep it i begin patching
Pros
Lunch truck at lunch
Cons
One break all day
Get thrown into jobs you have not reveiwed
Feild Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 16, 2017
I like working for my general manager its some of man power hired with no experience and some of the train wrecks I've been in charge of that make want to get out of heavy commercial and go back to custom or residential concrete,
Very Stressful working in the construction business
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 10, 2017
I worked there for 5 months while after 3 months I started getting overtime. Most of the workers there were of Latino descent and received overtime immediately even with no experience. However, as it got colder in the year it became tough to work with cold hands due to the elements(cold, rain, wind, snow).
Great learning experience
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2017
While working for Bakers I gained much skill as a laborer. Pouring concrete and lots of demolition. Also learned how to operate a boom lift as well as a scissor lift.
Good Job
Concrete Laborer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Friendly Sales Associate adept at working in diverse retail and customer service
environments. Reliable and hardworking warehouse operator committed to getting each job
done as quickly, efficiently and safely as possible.
Hard work/fast pace
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Work environment where you work a lot of hours and a fast pace. Work/life balance is sometimes forgotten about. Very rewarding building massive structures. Workplace culture varies from job to job but overall very good.
Ambiente de trabajo bueno. Buena atencion a los trabajadores. Te facilitan todo tipo de instrumentos
Ayudante de carpinteria (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Es una empresa muy importante y de muy buena reputación. Unas de las mejores en seguridad del país
Cons
Hay descanso para la merienda y almuerzo
A gud job to have.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 23, 2017
They give you plenty hours on your check so your checks always come out at a very nice amount. The managers and supervisors are always very understanding.
Fun place
Internship-Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Eunice, NMDecember 1, 2016
Started as a intern in the surveying department. It was lots of fun and gained a lot of knowledge. Surveying department is great! People are good and nice.
Pros
People attitudes
Cons
Hot conditions
Great overall experience
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2016
I was a civil engineering college intern. I was paid $14 an hour. They paid for my living, I did have to commute from Fort Lauderdale to Miami though. They paid for the gas and hotels from northern WV to southern FL. I lived with 9 other college students. I learned a lot on the job, working both in the office and in the field.
Great Experience
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 26, 2016
I work everyday and the job has a lot of people that are willing to teach you multiple ways of finding a solution to fix any problems we come across.