Baker Distributing Company Employee Reviews

Very Cut Throat
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2017
Very cut throat place to work. Atmosphere is very stressful and on eggshells if you don't have family here to have your back. At part of the good old boy system.
Good and friendly work place
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
I have been working for this company for two years. I work with great caring people. They are very flexible with pretty much everything as long as you do your job.
Pros
I love to work with my marketing department
Cons
limited job promotion in my work field. I am still waiting for a salary increase.
Customer service job
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 28, 2017
Generally in a day I answer phones, help customers, help check in freight, and use a computer most of the day. During the summer it is a little crazy because of it being our busy season for the year.
Productive and fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2017
Everyone one got along and we joke around too.But we got our work done.First job I had with great supervisors. You were able to talk to them and they would actually listen to what you had to say either it was personal or for the job.
Pros
Laughed all day
Cons
It was hot
A changing company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 3, 2017
The company has a goal set to become a technology company. This is tough with the executives pushing technology and having the field constantly fight everything you do to change.

The company will eventually get there but just be ready to take one step back after taking two steps.
it was okay
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TX 77590March 31, 2017
it was okay. manager sucked. let an employee he knew personally take off and have no consequences but when I needed a day to fix my vehicle I got written up
Poor Senior and Mid Level Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 24, 2017
Management does not respond to the needs of sales or branch operations when needed. No respect for people in the field who do the work and those who make the decisions.
Pros
Good pay but you are always told that your job was on the line.
Cons
Company management very poor, does not listen to suggestions well at all.
Store level is a very enjoyable place to work at.
Sales Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 9, 2017
The company is going through a period of transition to update and upgrade to the latest technology. Some things are not the easiest to learn and there are problems with them. We have to work out the solutions to these problems so that the company can move forward with this new technology. The customer are not enbracing the new technology as they say they come to the store so that we can take care of their needs and not have a computer take care of their needs. They highly depend on the person they are talking to make sure their needs are met.
the job itself was good top managment needs work
Order Picker,truck loader (Former Employee) –  Clarendon, VTJanuary 30, 2017
I did everything there it wasn't that bad but some of the people they get to work there they should really screen the employees better I don't know if I would ever work here again
Family Friendly
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2017
This is a solid company. It was/is family-friendly. A typical day at work involved accounts payables, mail, incoming and outgoing calls from/to vendors, managers, and counter salesmen. I loved working with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was having to wait on paperwork or other documents from vendors or manager before I could complete my tasks.
Pros
There was always work to do. I was never bored.
Cons
Having to wait on outside sources for documents to complete my tasks.
Excellent place to work. Family oriented, great bunch of professionals
Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2016
Managers that I was aquainted with were very accommodating. Training perfect for your role and advancement to relocate within a plus.
Friendly and down to earth atmosphere. I enjoyed going everyday.
Pros
Friendly to the point hands on training
Cons
Should be more leanant with hiring rules on contract positions
Compensation is not up to par at this company.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TX / Rosenberg TXNovember 30, 2016
This company wants more out of there employees then what they are willing to comphensate for. They do not care about your ideas. You are just a number.
Pros
Your co-workers
Cons
Compensation
World Wide Leader in Desiccant Dehumidification
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXNovember 28, 2016
Munters is a renowned Leader in Desiccant Dehumidification and Indoor Air Quality. Working with design Architects and Engineers to introduce this concept to the HVACR industry.
i like to drive truck and iam good at it
Class B Driver (Former Employee) –  North Clarendon, VTNovember 8, 2016
I would start work at 4am depending on the run and how many cases u had on the truck.I would get to my first stop at 6am unload 20 to 30 cases on a hand cart and bring them into the costumer get checked put the product away then get paid from the costumer some have a charge account .I would have 18 to 20 stops to do through out the day and be done with the stops by 330 then drive back to the shop clean out the truck fuel up for the next day and do a post trip
Pros
free drinks
Cons
salary
Flexible hours
Tax Senior (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2016
My position is very deadline driven. Can be very stressful. Flexible work schedule.

Flexible PTO.

Insurance benefits are sufficient.
Stable work
Warehouse Worker and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 8, 2016
Doors open, Inspected the forklift and truck, dropped off till counts at the bank, and would begin to organize orders as they came in. Largest order was about $2 mil. worth, smallest was a $2 capacitor.

Co-worker was enjoyable, though I rarely saw him; boss was miserable and enjoyed picking on me.

Hardest part of the job: putting up with my boss.

Most enjoyable: interacting with customers, since I was in the back all the time, pick-ups were nice because I had someone to chat with.
Pros
steady work
Cons
management is franchised
Not my cup of tea
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 16, 2016
Baker is great. Salesman is not the job for me. I like sales as l;ong as I am solving a customers problem. Peddling parts and supplies is not it.
Great company!
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 5, 2016
A great place to call home. Good people, good structure. Vast product offering. Super benefits. Exposure to many vendors. Great relationships with local technicians.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
small wage increases
overall good company
Hvac counter associate (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJune 13, 2016
enjoyed working with my supervisor and fellow employees. This job gave me a lot of experience in air conditioning field.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Baker. It was a great place to work. Supportive staff and help to develop my skills. I would work that again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Distributing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9