Baker Distributing Employee Reviews

Great company!
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 5, 2016
A great place to call home. Good people, good structure. Vast product offering. Super benefits. Exposure to many vendors. Great relationships with local technicians.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
small wage increases
overall good company
Hvac counter associate (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJune 13, 2016
enjoyed working with my supervisor and fellow employees. This job gave me a lot of experience in air conditioning field.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Baker. It was a great place to work. Supportive staff and help to develop my skills. I would work that again.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 19, 2016
At Baker Distributing Company, It was an good for me because that was actually my first time being a driver and operating a forklift. A typical day would be like:check in the warehouse to see what need to be checked in or put up. Then I check the delivery box to see if I have any to go on. After that, wait on a couple of trucks to drop of supplies and material.
Productive/Fun Envirement
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 25, 2016
Would refer Baker to a friend. Management is the best ive worked with in a long time. Baker top 3 warehouse company that ive ever worked for.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
no breaks
Relaxed Atomsphere
delivery driver and Warhouse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Fast paced
Employees are nice
Management could be better
Best part of job is learning more about refrigeration business
Pros
Learning about refrigeration business
Cons
no bonuses
fast paced work environment
counter sales (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 15, 2015
Your typical day starts with helping asist customers with product ordering or information. Placing purchase orders and recieving products from vendors. Assist Branch Manager with inventory and cash sales.
Great co-workers fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTOctober 14, 2015
very repetitive labor but with a great group of guys. It was easily turned into something that was fun and productive. This job helped push my mental math skills to another level as counts need to be completed quickly and are dealing with thousands of any particular product. The hardest part of this job was the hours it was not unheard of to work an 80 hour work week, however even with such long hours the team of guys i worked with and worked under me made the job both competitive and fun.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours, very repetitive
Great Company
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 7, 2015
Great company to work for. Good managers, and sales people. Always had plenty of work to support a family on. Monday through Friday, over time when you wanted it.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Nothing I can think of
fun and very positive employee's
Counter sales/ delivering products (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 21, 2015
A typical day here was running customer accounts, keeping showroom clean and organized. Helping customers load and unload certain equipment and tools. cutting all types of keys. Always staying available for anyone who needed assistance. Maintaining stock on shelves. cleaning stock room and organizing. I learned here that a positive attitude took me further than expected in success and knowledge of materials and how to use certain tools which gained more customers. Co-workers work well with each other in gratitude of company success. The hardest part of the job was calling other companies for certain materials if our store didn't have enough in stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching our daily goals.
Sales Associate/warehouse
Driver/Warehouse & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 30, 2015
• Basic duties were to help walk-ins, answer calls and write up & pull orders. In addition, Re-ordered parts, air gas, re-stock shelves, process warrantees, organize self-customized and maintain a sharp sales floor.
• Conducting monthly safety meetings.
• Shipping and Receiving Duties: forklift operator, load & unload products, organize, and pull orders; Promoted from warehouse to sales in six months in recognition of hard work, fast learner and high productivity.
What can I say....
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2015
I worked there 4 years ago and never looked back. Good immediate co-workers but the Supervisor was very selective who she would talk to.
Nice environment to work in.
Counter Sales/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Harlingen TXFebruary 3, 2015
selling a/c and refrigeration parts and units. learn the customers need every day. their aint any co-workers just the manager and I. the hardest part about the job is literally find out what the customer is trying to do. Once you figure that out your good to go.
Pros
gaurenteed you 40 hrs
Cons
slow around the winter time
Freedom to expand
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ava, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Great way to learn the merchandising industry
Built product displays
developed working relationships with customers
productive
production worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2014
i just went in to work to mix and make bread all day long. The hardest part of the job was learning how to mix the break and the extensive hard labor at the job.
Pros
1 hr lunch break
Cons
worked different shifts with out any notice
Opportunities to Learn
Counter Sales/Deliver Driver (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 2, 2014
This organization has many opportunities for entry level employees to learn and grow. The hours and work environment are reasonable and most of the customers are regulars; which provides opportunities to form working relationships with the customers.
Baker Distributing
Driver (Former Employee) –  sandy, utMay 12, 2014
-Loading /unloading and delivery of Heating and A/C merchandise to residential and
Construction sites.
-Operation of Diesel and Flatbed trucks.
-Operation of forklift equipment.
Very organized and well run company
Cash Applications/Accounts Payables (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2013
Each day would log in and check for any checks that were left from the previous day. I learned about the air conditioning business products and services. It was a very fast paced work environment. The managment allowed us to work with little to no supervision. The whole accounting to department worked well together. The hardest part of my job were the days were we would receive more checks than we could possibly post in one day. The best part of the job was how we worked as a team and even picked up the slack in different departments to get the work completed.
Was granted to ability to work with little supervision.
Credit & Collections Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2013
This was a good place to work. Both of mny supervisors were great. I worked remotely so the second supervisor I never met in person. The company was a large, national, publically traded company with no opportunities for advancement unless you were located in Jacksonville, FL, where the corporate office was located. Left simply for a better paying job and the ability to work from home.
Pros
great management
Cons
very large company, no advancement
Upper management has no clue
Branch Manger (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlMay 16, 2013
All upper management at Jacksonville is a joke. They are so far out of touch with business at the branch level it is hilarious. They tell each branch what to sell in regards to your main line equipment which in the Birmingham market was an epic failure. They under staff the branches and refuse to hire more help yet expect the branch managers to jump at new initiatives they come up with at a moments notice.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
upper management