Baker Distributing Employee Reviews

i like to drive truck and iam good at it
Class B Driver (Former Employee) –  North Clarendon, VTNovember 8, 2016
I would start work at 4am depending on the run and how many cases u had on the truck.I would get to my first stop at 6am unload 20 to 30 cases on a hand cart and bring them into the costumer get checked put the product away then get paid from the costumer some have a charge account .I would have 18 to 20 stops to do through out the day and be done with the stops by 330 then drive back to the shop clean out the truck fuel up for the next day and do a post trip
Pros
free drinks
Cons
salary
Flexible hours
Tax Senior (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2016
My position is very deadline driven. Can be very stressful. Flexible work schedule.

Flexible PTO.

Insurance benefits are sufficient.
Great company!
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 5, 2016
A great place to call home. Good people, good structure. Vast product offering. Super benefits. Exposure to many vendors. Great relationships with local technicians.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
small wage increases
Store level is a very enjoyable place to work at.
Sales Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 9, 2017
The company is going through a period of transition to update and upgrade to the latest technology. Some things are not the easiest to learn and there are problems with them. We have to work out the solutions to these problems so that the company can move forward with this new technology. The customer are not enbracing the new technology as they say they come to the store so that we can take care of their needs and not have a computer take care of their needs. They highly depend on the person they are talking to make sure their needs are met.
Excellent place to work. Family oriented, great bunch of professionals
Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2016
Managers that I was aquainted with were very accommodating. Training perfect for your role and advancement to relocate within a plus.
Friendly and down to earth atmosphere. I enjoyed going everyday.
Pros
Friendly to the point hands on training
Cons
Should be more leanant with hiring rules on contract positions
Family Friendly
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2017
This is a solid company. It was/is family-friendly. A typical day at work involved accounts payables, mail, incoming and outgoing calls from/to vendors, managers, and counter salesmen. I loved working with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was having to wait on paperwork or other documents from vendors or manager before I could complete my tasks.
Pros
There was always work to do. I was never bored.
Cons
Having to wait on outside sources for documents to complete my tasks.
Great co-workers fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTOctober 14, 2015
very repetitive labor but with a great group of guys. It was easily turned into something that was fun and productive. This job helped push my mental math skills to another level as counts need to be completed quickly and are dealing with thousands of any particular product. The hardest part of this job was the hours it was not unheard of to work an 80 hour work week, however even with such long hours the team of guys i worked with and worked under me made the job both competitive and fun.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours, very repetitive
World Wide Leader in Desiccant Dehumidification
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXNovember 28, 2016
Munters is a renowned Leader in Desiccant Dehumidification and Indoor Air Quality. Working with design Architects and Engineers to introduce this concept to the HVACR industry.
Not my cup of tea
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 16, 2016
Baker is great. Salesman is not the job for me. I like sales as l;ong as I am solving a customers problem. Peddling parts and supplies is not it.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 19, 2016
At Baker Distributing Company, It was an good for me because that was actually my first time being a driver and operating a forklift. A typical day would be like:check in the warehouse to see what need to be checked in or put up. Then I check the delivery box to see if I have any to go on. After that, wait on a couple of trucks to drop of supplies and material.
Good workplace but inconsistent hours.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 3, 2012
Great workplace good employees and decent benefits. Overall good company to work for if management is good.
overall good company
Hvac counter associate (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJune 13, 2016
enjoyed working with my supervisor and fellow employees. This job gave me a lot of experience in air conditioning field.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Baker. It was a great place to work. Supportive staff and help to develop my skills. I would work that again.
Productive/Fun Envirement
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 25, 2016
Would refer Baker to a friend. Management is the best ive worked with in a long time. Baker top 3 warehouse company that ive ever worked for.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
no breaks
Overall, a good stable company, with opportunity, but lacking in training.
Sales/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TexasApril 24, 2013
Most of the day consisted of waiting on customers, filling orders, maintaining inventory. Learned how to use Mincron technologies integrated sales system. Learned a lot about the a.c. business.
While in my stay at Baker, local managers were changed 3 times, regional managers were changed 3 times, and top level management was changed once. Our location only had 3 employees, (including the manager), so everyone had to learn all duties. Hardest part of job came in Nov. of 2012. Down to 2 employees, and new manager wasn't there often, so had to man store by self. Most enjoyable part of the job was the customer base and the responsibility to them and the company. It had the feel of belonging.
Pros
could always get 40 hours at a decent pay rate.
Cons
frequent lower level management changes, causing confusion and lack of communication.
Relaxed Atomsphere
delivery driver and Warhouse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Fast paced
Employees are nice
Management could be better
Best part of job is learning more about refrigeration business
Pros
Learning about refrigeration business
Cons
no bonuses
fun and very positive employee's
Counter sales/ delivering products (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 21, 2015
A typical day here was running customer accounts, keeping showroom clean and organized. Helping customers load and unload certain equipment and tools. cutting all types of keys. Always staying available for anyone who needed assistance. Maintaining stock on shelves. cleaning stock room and organizing. I learned here that a positive attitude took me further than expected in success and knowledge of materials and how to use certain tools which gained more customers. Co-workers work well with each other in gratitude of company success. The hardest part of the job was calling other companies for certain materials if our store didn't have enough in stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching our daily goals.
fast paced work environment
counter sales (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 15, 2015
Your typical day starts with helping asist customers with product ordering or information. Placing purchase orders and recieving products from vendors. Assist Branch Manager with inventory and cash sales.
Upper management has no clue
Branch Manger (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlMay 16, 2013
All upper management at Jacksonville is a joke. They are so far out of touch with business at the branch level it is hilarious. They tell each branch what to sell in regards to your main line equipment which in the Birmingham market was an epic failure. They under staff the branches and refuse to hire more help yet expect the branch managers to jump at new initiatives they come up with at a moments notice.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Upper management
Sales Associate/warehouse
Driver/Warehouse & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 30, 2015
• Basic duties were to help walk-ins, answer calls and write up & pull orders. In addition, Re-ordered parts, air gas, re-stock shelves, process warrantees, organize self-customized and maintain a sharp sales floor.
• Conducting monthly safety meetings.
• Shipping and Receiving Duties: forklift operator, load & unload products, organize, and pull orders; Promoted from warehouse to sales in six months in recognition of hard work, fast learner and high productivity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Distributing. Our community is ready to answer.