Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,362 reviews matching the search
Great place to work at
Tool Crib, CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2016
This company was a great place to work and management was always outstanding. I would always come in the morning and programmed my machine for the day. I would read the blue prints and create the product.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
I could not have anythng bad to say.
Good company to work for
Wireline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYDecember 1, 2016
Baker Hughes was a good place to work. They are offered a good work schedule and decent pay. They took a hard hit when the oil market crashed, resulting in a lot of cutbacks.
Pros
Decent work schedule and pay
Cons
Too much overhead. Substantial cutbacks during oil market crash.
A wild cowboy job!
Oil Fracking Field Mechanic Level II (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDNovember 30, 2016
What a rush, hard work but all worth it in the end. That's if your strong enough to make it through successfully. This job can really test a mans perspective on not only work ethic view but life!
Pros
Amazing pay
Cons
Long hours, Long hitches, Very Dangerous
nice place to work
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 30, 2016
It's a great company to work for. Advancement for growth is great with this company. The supervisors I had were great people to work and learn from. They wanted to see everyone excel.
Good company with lot of learning opportunities
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land TexasNovember 24, 2016
Baker Hughes is a good company to work for. There are many opportunities to learn and establish your feature. As all other oil and gas service providers, BHI does offer excellent technology and customer support.
Pros
Great training platform
Cons
Out for sale
alot of fun
Bulk Cement Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDNovember 22, 2016
alot of work at the time of employment. always had alot of work to do needed some direction with upper management. they made changes that didnt make sense
Pros
consistent work
Cons
lack of work
Had fun while it lasted
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2016
Working at Baker Hughes for the short amount of time that I was working was a very great experience. All of my co-workers were very nice & they gave me a surprised birthday party.
Excellent
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2016
Had a wonderful 9 year experience with Baker Hughes! They allowed me to grow professionally while developing my knowledge and skills in the industry.
What I learned
(General Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2016
It does not matter how much value you bring to your company, your customers, or to your work environment you are still susceptible to getting let go.
Pros
Learning Experience and providing customers value
Cons
Bad moral and continuously worried about if you were going to get laid off.
Lack of corporate foresight during downturn
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 14, 2016
Jobs security based on seniority rather than performance. The rationale being that younger employees are cheaper to lay off. This is very short-sighted, as baker hughes tries to progress into the technological leader in oilfield services. Decisions to suspend benefits (slashed 401k match from 7% to nothing, reduced company vehicle allowances or removed them completely, etc.) even after the $3.5B windfall from the failed merger show a lack of concern for the longevity of the company. But that will soon be GE's problem.
Pros
Good medical benefits, good work/life balance, decent pay
Cons
No 401k match, no job security for younger employees
Great Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
Excellent company to work for. New employees are empowered to learn and engage in professional development. Senior employees are willing to teach and share their expertise
Learning Experience
Mud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 11, 2016
My Typical day at work was clocking in, getting samples of the mud we had in stock to check if the weight was were it needed to be. Loading trucks with mud to be sent out to rigs, transferring mud from tank to tank. I learned how to be responsible and communication skills. I got alone with all my co-workers and upper management. Hardest part of the job was being on call 24-7. I enjoyed most of all the people i worked with.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No time off
Love it
Solids Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVNovember 8, 2016
Work your butt off but the pay and benefits were great. Management was great but they don't discipline those the constantly mess up, i.e. : sleeping on the job, not doing maintenance.
Pros
pay, benefits, coworkers
Cons
lots of hours and time away from family
hard times
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2016
A lot of turmoil. A difficult place to work.Every one is in a survival mode and just trying to hang in there and make it through the merger.
Pros
The employees are knowledgeable
Cons
management is all over the place.
Friendly but mediocre workplace
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 5, 2016
Many friendly colleagues but not a rewarding environment for those that like to work in a high performance culture or want to make things more efficient and challenge the status quo. Most times mediocre is good enough. Lots of room for improvements
Pros
global opportunities
great company to work for
Equipment Operator III Coil Tubing (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXNovember 3, 2016
management was there all the time to help me by give me the right training and this company cares about the safety of the employees
Pros
good company
Cons
no cons
Lots of hours and no advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
My two last reviews had about 5 min of personal feedback and 25 min of plans for the group for the next year. Management is not in the least bit interested in employees only bottom line.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Great company!
Account Manager - Wireline & Completions (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2016
Great company with opportunity for advancement, growth, long term career, good compensation and on-going training. Although the O&G industry is somewhat unstable Baker Hughes is a very desirable employer.
Great company to work for
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 31, 2016
I worked for some of the best managers I have ever encountered. They all gave me the freedom to do whatever I needed to do to get my job done. All were fair with my reviews and raises
Cons
ups and downs of the oil and gas industry
My advancement within the Company
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston/Dickinson, NDOctober 28, 2016
I started out as an Equipment Operator, a supervisor saw that I had potential because of my previous knowledge in the field and had mentioned this to my Operations Manager, I was then Promoted to Pump operator and then trained as a Field Supervisor in less than 9 months
Pros
Rapid advancement
Cons
How they treated there employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.