Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated United States Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with all my co-workers
Solids Control Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed the cookouts and friendly people
Cons: Better commnication with employees on work related issues.
Did daily task of servicing equipment,cleaning and getting reports and mud weights. Learned to communicate better with fellow workers and bosses. Management was ok Needed to comminicate better with there employees. My coworkers was fun to be around and work with. Hardest thing about the job was the weather but u deal with it. My enjoyment of the job was being outside and working with my friends everyday.
Good place to start.
Science (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2015
It is (was) a good place to get a start in the oil and gas industry, but very slow to promote or cross train. HR runs everything whether you are qualified or not.
An active and fast-paced working and learning environment
Office and Yard Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 23, 2015
Pros: unlimited budget
Cons: hardest part was staying focused under pressure
A great place to work--if the oil industry had not slowed down, then I would still be working there.

12 hour days, fast-paced, good management, very safe place to work--I learned a lot about working under pressure.
Sweatshop with no security
Senior New Business Development Executive (Former Employee), Gardena, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits are OK
Cons: Long hours
You find yourself threatened with your job daily. Hours are irregular 24 x 7 on call some 20 + hour days. Management was constantly changing 5 managers in 7 years
Good company to work for
HRIS Org Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TexasApril 22, 2015
Good company to work for. I was laid off due to a reorganization and it was not a good experience for me at that time. My co-workers were the best and everyone pitched in as a team.
Enjoyable place to work
Frac Equipment Operator Level III (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Good group of individuals to work with
Cons: It was hard to get our raises after we learned the equipment
While working for Baker Hughes I learned how the oil field operation works and provides the resources needed in our world. Overall, I cannot wait for the oilfield to kick back up so I can go back at it.
Baker Hughes was a good job, but did not show much loyalty to its employees no matter how many years worked.
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Farmington, NMApril 21, 2015
Pros: Aiding the customers
Cons: Being laid off after 20 years of service
My job was to build packers and plugs. It was a job that depended heavily on the oilfield. I enjoyed training new associates and teaching safety and going by guidelines and rules set for us by the company. The hardest part of the job was working for the company so many hours that I really did not have much of a home life. In addition, to be laid off after serving 20 years of employment to the company. It hurt to be disregarded like that. The best part of the job was the ability to provide good customer service and complete orders received.
great job while it lasted
E.Operatorlll/equipment testing/logistics/dispatch (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: lots of hours, great benifits
Cons: not enough time with the family
I enjoyed the 8 months I worked there the money was great,the management worked with me and my situation as a recent widower raising two toddlers on my own.
great benefits, lots of hours.
Great Work Environment
General Field Specialist, Cased Hole (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 19, 2015
Great safety and service culture. Unfortunately purchased by Halliburton so the future is unclear.
Management is competent and opportunities for advancement are abundant, however the Halliburton acquisition puts this in doubt.
Well managed place with generous attitude toward employees
R&D Scientist (Former Employee), Tomball, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Well equipped facility
Cons: Only two days per year for sick leave
Management is trying hard to keep up with best performance both for customer and employees, which was always appreciated.
I do not approve of this company.
Stimulation Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: Company credit card
Cons: Never at home with family
Long hours away from home.
Hydraulic fracturing.
District manager was fantastic.
Liked all co-workers.
To much time away from family.
Great pay.
Use to be a good place...
Master Machinist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: most co-workers are great.
Cons: No job security
Company has lost it's way since announcement of takeover. It would seem that the foxes have been put in charge of the hen house.
Productive, fun place to work
Department Administrator (Current Employee), Broussard, LAApril 16, 2015
Baker Hughes is a productive, and fun place to work. I enjoy working for this company.The culture is family oriented. The people believe in family, and treat everyone with respect.
Good job security but terribly behind
Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: 20 years behind top companies
This is a good place to work for self starters who want to make a difference but not a good place if you are looking to learn best practices from a top company.
AMO MECHANIC/FIELD SERVICE TECH III TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Tomball, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: Change in managment
Great place to work met alot of great people. As well as learned alot of skills i will use later in life and in future endeavors.
Met a lot of good people through the years,was lucky to have that job
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Ventura, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Gas card, company truck, expense credit card
Cons: long hours /weekends/on call every night
Safety meetings every morning. Get info on what jobs need to go out,Put tool's together accordingly fill out product removal forms,Make certain tool's and or equip are right,call for trucking.Online truing courses inventory. navigation on the PC got a little better. Management was good although went through a lot of managers through the years.Getting up to go to work all hours of the day.Getting the too's right every time, satisfying customer needs.

overall I give5 stars
I learned a lot which was good and made some friends for life.
AMO Tech 1 (Former Employee), Ruston, LAApril 14, 2015
Pros: I like the people there
Cons: I couldn't stand my replacement boss
A normal day was to expect to work all day and night.I learn how to ripped down mud motors and core barrels.Hardest thing was never home. The easiest was that I had some good friends there.
Enjoyable
MWD Engineer (Former Employee), Evansville, WYApril 14, 2015
Company has a vast number of experienced hands and several opportunities for advancement. However the company kept you working in the field for extended periods of time (60 plus days).
Solid Company with solid values
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance, Smart people that weren't egotistical- but helpful to new employees, family oriented culture
Cons: Large organization is bureaucratic and so process oriented it can inhibit efficiency.
Overall Baker Hughes is very employee oriented - good compensation and benefit structure, while also providing challenging work that valued individual contributions without micro-managing.
Working in pressure pumping cement department.
CEMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Hobbs, NMApril 14, 2015
Cons: Always on call and dont go to work everyday, sleeping in the front seat of a pick up truck
I work on a variety of equipment: the Falcon, Bulk Trucks, air trailers and booster pumps. Before the Falcon leaves the yard, I check to see that all the valves are working correctly, the pmp, micromotion, knife gate, and the panels are in safe working order. Before the Bulk Truck leaves the yard, it is checked for the right type and amount of cement for the job. All heads and manifolds are checked to be sure that all is up to date and ready to go out on a job. Cement and water are checked for accuracy for the job. Once on location, responsible for the trucks to be set up in the best working positions. All cement is checked again for the correct chemical mixture that the Company Man requires on the job. Cement and water are checked again for the job and checked that the silo is filled. Work with the fill up of cement, iron rigging it up from the Falcon to the rig floor. Watch for hazards and safety for the crew when on and off location. Once back at the yard, equipment is cleaned and maintained for service on the next job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes cooks up a baker's dozen of products and services for the global petroleum market. Through its Drilling and Evaluation – Read more

Baker Hughes Incorporated Salaries

Operator
$60,000 per year
$19.00 per hour

Baker Hughes Incorporated Photos

Técnico petrolero universitario en producción y reacondicionamiento de pozos
Wireliners
Reparacion de rig-less para bajar coil tubing en operacion de AMERICAS PETROGAS