Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employer Reviews

Equipment Operator
Equipment operator (Current Employee), Vernal, UTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: people i work with and schedule
Cons: not a stable job and away from family alot.
At Baker Hughes I am a Cement Equipment Operator and responsible for making sure
all equipment is job ready. I prepare the equipment and run the pump on the job site.
My role is also to make sure that every employee on location follows and obeys company
and safety policies.
Competitive Environment, Results Driven
Account Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 21, 2015
Great company to work for, values employees. Internal competition drives sales to be better, external competition drives sales to provide best in class service.
good company
Field Safety Trainer (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJanuary 21, 2015
good company to work for good stablility but benifits could be better. Chances for advancement was dificult for one who did not have a college degree watched several people get looked over for promotions due tonot having a degree. HR department made you feel like a number every time you had a question they wanted your employee number instead of your name
I wish to secure a professional, managerial position with a company that recognizes individual achievement and promotes growth.
EO Level 3 (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long long hours.
As an employee in the oil and gas field my tasks include pressure testing pipelines, cementing wells, I have my CDL license so I drive trucks, I do mechanical work on vehicles and wells along with many other tasks. I enjoy outdoor work and find the oil and gas well jobs to be both fascinating enjoyable however, the hardest part of the job is the hours, 14 to 16 hours a day.
Overall good Company
Shift Lead/Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Good company, flexible management, great benefits coworkers are enjoyable and you will learn a lot about the oil field services industry while working for Baker Hughes. Hardest part of the job are the physical aspects.
Good company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: company committed to quality, senior management has integrity, goals are clearly defined, benefits are very competitive.
Cons: open format office environment can be distracting but does enhance group communication
Upper management I have worked with have been very professional. They have supported us when we want to pursue other positions in the department. Quick to fulfill requests for hardware and software when needed. They also realize the need for work / life balance within reason.

Management understands the need to produce quality software, and thus support testing 100%. As a QA Engineer I enjoy working in this type of development environment.
Baker Hughes Hughes Christensen
Special Projects Manager (Former Employee), The Woodlands TXJanuary 20, 2015
Hughes Christensen is a oil well drill bit research and manufacturing facility. They employ a full size bottom hole simulator to test drill bits. The similator can actually simulate down hole conditions in a variety of formations.
Good Company to work for!
Western Geomarket Quote to Cash Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
Have had many opportunities to advance and a diversified career! The company does help to promote an opportunity to advance based upon your knowledge, skills and abilities.
Excellent career to date
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: good healthcare, interesting working environment
Baker Hughes is full of energetic and highly motivated people who oftentimes are required to work independently with limited guidance. They are responsible for drilling wells and ensuring no one gets hurt while working around highly explosive natural gas and crude oil wells. The work is very complex and I've found it exceptionally rewarding.

I work with a great team of people with various skill sets. We work very closely with each other to ensure all aspects of the project are managed and handed over without issue.
A productive and flexible working enviroment
Acoustic Scientist (Current Employee), HoustonJanuary 17, 2015
Team leads are very professional and knowledgeable.
Professional working environment.
Co-workers are nice.
Management is flexible.
Technology of Baker Hughes could be top among service companies. Very good training system. If you are looking for flexible, professional company, baker huges is a really good choice.
Nice place to work and learn technology
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Good company. Any ways it will change as Haliburton acquired Baker :)
Cut throat business
Well Planning (Current Employee), n/aJanuary 14, 2015
Be ready to stab everyone in the back to get ahead. You have to be in the inner circle in order to get ahead. Education and experience do not matter much at all. I wish it was more based on performance and not who you know.
Excellent exposure and very talented people
Manager - Corporate Development (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: exposure
Cons: nothing really expect for the fact that the firm was sold...
Got to work alongside great people on very interesting projects. This is job where you bring to bear your analytical, financial and people skills.
A oil field service company that treats employees better than their competition
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), CAJanuary 14, 2015
Baker Hughes is a company that both compensated and deals with their employees in a way superior to that of their competition. But with that said it is still an oil field service company and as such is susceptible to will swings in business and job security.
Fun place to work in
Service Technician (Former Employee), Freer, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Started off as a pump truck driver worked my way up the ladder as a tech where I would work on pumps and find solutions for chemical usage
Typical oilfield job
Field Operator (Former Employee), Hobbs, NMJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay due to lots of overtime, good benefits.
Cons: poor management, lots of time taken from your life.
Don't fool yourself in to thinking that one oil field job is better than the other...I am sure that somewhere this may be proven but in the two years I have worked in the oilfield and spoke to many people in different jobs and with different companies one observation continues to surface: INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT! That being said there is money to be made if you can put up with managers who know nothing about managing people and a career path that is limited if you aren't a good old boy. These comments may seem negative and they are but the cash flow can be exceptional if you are willing to give the oilfield your time and commitment. So long story short BH is as good as any oilfield services company I have seen and maybe one step better at safety which is important because this work is dangerous. I don't know what they will be like now that the evil empire has eaten them (Halliburton) but they were a sound company with good benefits when I worked there.
13yrs of experience in Java Python Development
Software Developer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
• Extensive experience with multiple technologies like Python, Java, C, Perl, PHP, Shell Scripting and VBA.
• Plenty of experience in automation of manual tasks, report generation, identifying improvement areas, requirements gathering, and working with the clients.
• Experience in PL/SQL procedures, packages, triggers and DB replication.
• Good at design patterns, Object oriented design and working through complex code bases.
• Experience in building frameworks in Python for Test Automation.
• Good at automating repetitive work through Shell scripts and Python.
• Experienced in Linux shell commands and command line utilities.
• Experience in configuration management using CVS & SVN.
• Exposure for working on many of UNIX platforms.
good job no future
Warehouse blend specialist/ mechanic (Former Employee), shafter caJanuary 12, 2015
job duites were awesome benfits were the best ive ever seen with a company just no place to advance, best co workers, horrible hours, great pay.
Baker Hughes was a good place to work.
Final Stator Assembler (Former Employee), Claremore OKJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: the pay.
Cons: the hours.
The hours were horrible but in all it was a good place to work.
not a lot of room to move up the ladder
Equipment operator level 4 (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2015
work hours are long and hard, hardest part of the job is being away from your family. If your planning to move up the ladder with hard work and dedication to the company alone..........look elsewhere.

1 2 3 4 5

About Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes cooks up a baker's dozen of products and services for the global petroleum market. Through its Drilling and Evaluation – Read more

Baker Hughes Incorporated Photos