BAKER ROOFING Employee Reviews

its work not for slackers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 10, 2017
learn alot safe work place, hard work very rewarding at the end of the day, be a team player and get it done, uppermanagment was very nice and not stuck up
Pros
learn alot different stuff all the time
Cons
pay
productive and great work place
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 23, 2017
great company to grow and make a career. security for family also more benefits than could imagine. company ride for qualified employees looking forward to working together for years to come. over 100 yrs in business and going strong
Pros
great management
Cons
Poor management and cut throat employees
Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2017
I was thrown into my position with maybe 2 days of training. Was let go bc I wasn't doing my job like they wanted. Management and the higher ups as well as HR knew this and they still penalized me with no understanding of my side. Would never recommend this company to anyone. If they do the people who work for them this way just imagine how they actually do their jobs. Food for thought.
Great place
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 10, 2017
Great place to work. They treat there workers well and offer an opportunity to advance if your a motivated individual. Good quality management and leadership.
They put a lot of work on you. I am a junior PM and have more work than a full PM
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2017
Its not that bad of a workplace, just management overloads one person with work. They are trying to micro manage. There is a lot of paperwork, so unless you are proficient with a computer, I wouldn't even bother.
Pros
Everyone is willing to help if you have a question.
Cons
Too much work load for one person
Love working at Baker
Recruting and Training Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 26, 2017
I really enjoy working at Baker. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. They encourage you to do well and advance. Management is great too. I didn't realize how much I would love working at a roofing company.
Pros
lunches, gym, trainer, nice people, reliable, do what they say, relaxed
Awesome company!
Dept. Head (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 19, 2017
Baker is a great company to work for. The support of upper management, along the general manager and other department heads is excellent.
A company so focused on safety, training employees, and making sure the job is done right is very hard to find.
There is definitely hard work involved, however the rewards and recognition are well worth it.
knowing you have the backing of 100+ years of a family run company behind you is a great feeling.
Pros
Job security, compensation, support from corporate office in the branch offices
Cons
Health insurance is pricy
Great company with room for growth
Administration (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2017
The leadership at Baker is the best I have had in my career. It seems like each person is a valued member and treated with respect. The office environment is encouraging and people are quick to offer time and support.

Though the company has been around for a long time, there is definite room for growth and professional advancement. The leadership seems to trust the employees and offers great benefits in return. I would definitely recommend Baker to anyone I know.
Pros
Positive work environment, great leadership
Cons
Nothing major sticks out at all
Productive and friendly work environment!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2017
I have been at Baker for almost two years and have learned so much during my time here. The company is rapidly growing, and there are countless opportunities to grow and move up. Everyone wants you to succeed and is always willing to help out when asked. One of my favorite things about the company is how friendly and involved upper management is with the rest of the employees. If you enjoy working in a positive family atmosphere, this is a great place to work!
Pros
Company culture, family atmosphere
Caring, Supportive, & Excellent Company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2017
I have absolutely loved my job at Baker Roofing Company. I value that I get to work alongside co-workers that have a hard work ethic along with taking the time to build relationships with one another. I also appreciate that our Executive Management knows me and my co-workers by name and takes time to say hi and ask how we are regularly. My direct management is always extremely helpful and available. I thoroughly enjoy the team I am on and how they push me to be my best. Although some weeks require travel and longer days at the office, I appreciate being a small part of a very big company and assisting in every way I can to make it the best it can be. Overall, I absolutely love this company and what they stand for, it truly is a family feel which is not found often in todays Corporate America!
Pros
Family Feel, Room to Grow, Supportive & Caring Management
Great company atmosphere!
Recruiting and Training Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2017
I have been at Baker for almost a year and I have learned so much. There is a very family-like atmosphere and everyone is always willing to lend a helpful hand. My coworkers and the management team are all very supportive and encouraging. Baker is a great company and a great place to work!
Pros
Company culture, helpful management and coworkers
project manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 3, 2016
poor management, way to much family and this can cause conflict. For the most part, great bunch of people who try and do the right thing. Company needs a restructure and culture change as they move into the future. could be a much better company with a few changes along the way...
Friendly and welcoming employer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 8, 2016
Understanding and helping management makes this company a very desirable place to work. All coworkers were willing to work together on any project big or small. A motivating safety meeting was held every Monday in order to keep a productive and safe work place.
Pros
lots of experience to gain in a safe work enviorment
Cons
weather permitting
Constant Flux
Service Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 2, 2015
This company was great when I first came on, but after it was bought out, it became unstable and in a constant state of change. No one is confident that they will have a job tomorrow. It's sad. This company as a whole has great potential, but can't seem to get it's act together in the Virginia area.
Average Company
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 7, 2015
Baker Roofing is an average company to work for. While they have been in business for a long time, there seemed to be no reward for loyalty and there was a lot of turnover for the employees.
Great Family Company
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2014
I love working here, all the other employees feel like a giant family.
Great place to work!
Recruiting and Training Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2014
Great environment to be in on a daily basis. Awesome people who are always willing to help you in any way they can. Management's door is always open for concerns or challenges you are facing. Overall good company.
Not a stable place to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 23, 2014
There was no training in the beginning, I didn't know what to do or where to start. Went through several general managers and office staff. Never knew from day to day if I was going to be let go. Insurance is very expensive . There was alot of disrespect from co workers that was never addressed, I do not recommend this company if you are seeking a long term career.
Pros
Dental insurance
Cons
Lay off frequently
Excellent Company with 100 years of experience
Career Development (Current Employee) –  RaleighJuly 12, 2014
This family-owned company offers the best company culture I have personally been part of in my 28 years in the working world. Management and the Board of Directors understand what it means to take care of the employee AND the customer which is almost non-existent in the service industry these days. The company puts resources and comittment behind the employees with constant process improvement and training. It is evidenced by the extensive growth of employees and locations over the past 8 years that this company is doing something RIGHT! It has grown to be recognized as the third largest roofing company in the nation and I, for one, am proud to be a part of this forward-thinking organization.
Pros
Excellent company culture, amazing knowledge and skills in the roofing industry, comittment to employees
Cons
Make educated yet cautious decisions about what disgruntled knuckleheads are posting!
Reorganization of Office - Frequently
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 10, 2014
Stressful - a great deal of hours - unappreciated
management needed to step up to the plate
Pros
office environment
Cons
language barrier