BAKER ROOFING Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly and welcoming employer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 8, 2016
Understanding and helping management makes this company a very desirable place to work. All coworkers were willing to work together on any project big or small. A motivating safety meeting was held every Monday in order to keep a productive and safe work place.
Pros
lots of experience to gain in a safe work enviorment
Cons
weather permitting
Not much support from regional branch offices or corporate.
Dept. Head (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 29, 2015
They play a different game here. Office politics takes on a new meaning. Office personnel, managers and branch GM will not be of any help or support if it does not benefit their respective departments. Team concept along with all the other mantras is mainly lip service.
Blame game is alive and well and so to is CYA.
Duplicity and self-serving is the order of the day at this company.
Turn over is high and fear for your job is always present. Mistakes are not tolerated but held as collateral without your knowing and without any feed back.
If you have any self-respect or dignity you may want to look else where for employment, if not, this is the place for you.
As with most companies you have a few employees that are embedded within, be careful of their agendas.
Pros
unsure
Cons
all of the below, plus
Productive and family feel.
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 31, 2013
Family atmosphere, driven to provide the most superior product and customer service in the industry. I would recommend them for service and employment to anyone.
Pros
superior benefits
Excellent Company with 100 years of experience
Career Development (Current Employee) –  RaleighJuly 12, 2014
This family-owned company offers the best company culture I have personally been part of in my 28 years in the working world. Management and the Board of Directors understand what it means to take care of the employee AND the customer which is almost non-existent in the service industry these days. The company puts resources and comittment behind the employees with constant process improvement and training. It is evidenced by the extensive growth of employees and locations over the past 8 years that this company is doing something RIGHT! It has grown to be recognized as the third largest roofing company in the nation and I, for one, am proud to be a part of this forward-thinking organization.
Pros
excellent company culture, amazing knowledge and skills in the roofing industry, comittment to employees
Cons
make educated yet cautious decisions about what disgruntled knuckleheads are posting!
Great workplace at a growing company!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 11, 2014
I have been working at Baker Roofing Company for almost two years and I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every day. The Baker family is incredibly genuine and everyone always makes themselves available when you’re in need of assistance. Baker has numerous dedicated employees that will go out of their way to ensure that you receive assistance and will even put into place new protocols so that reoccurring needs are met in the most appropriate/professional manner. You can tell how much they value their employees through their communication and initiatives to helping employees succeed in their chosen career paths within the company. Throughout my two years at Baker, I have had numerous opportunities for growth in my department and have gained invaluable experience that will help to shape my career goals.
Pros
great work environment, pet friendly, family picnics
Horrible office
Manager (Former Employee) –  NashvilleMay 22, 2013
Other reviews are spot on. Baker will hold back all important info about employment at the interview. Health insurance is unaffordable $800 / month for family. Weekly meetings, GPS tracking on management vehicles, micro-management at its greatest level. Always worried if today will be your last day! No support from home office in Raleigh, yet they expect results as if they were supporting. Board of Directors makes decisions based on what will make them richer, no concern for employees. Turn the other way and run, take a pay cut to work somewhere you are appreciated. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!
Cons
horrible work environment
great family atmosphere
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 11, 2015
upper management has no knowledge of roofing, satellite office G.Ms are corrupt.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most project managers have no roofing experience.
Not a stable place to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 23, 2014
There was no training in the beginning, I didn't know what to do or where to start. Went through several general managers and office staff. Never knew from day to day if I was going to be let go. Insurance is very expensive . There was alot of disrespect from co workers that was never addressed, I do not recommend this company if you are seeking a long term career.
Pros
dental insurance
Cons
lay off frequently
Very poor managment
Director of Service (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2013
Its great money with some opportunity for advancement if relocation is an option for you. Management is very demeaning and tyrant like. Very dysfunctional work place where the leader plays the blame card on a daily basis.
Pros
good pay
Cons
managment
Hard job not for everyone
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 4, 2013
You work long hours with no care of your family. there is always a concern of losing your job. bosses that love to yell and down you even if you had no training from company on how they want work to be done
Cons
long hours and out of town work
Great place to work!
Recruiting and Training Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2014
Great environment to be in on a daily basis. Awesome people who are always willing to help you in any way they can. Management's door is always open for concerns or challenges you are facing. Overall good company.
Reorganization of Office - Frequently
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 10, 2014
Stressful - a great deal of hours - unappreciated
management needed to step up to the plate
Pros
office environment
Cons
language barrier
Great Company To Grow With
Roof Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 25, 2013
I Been an employee there for a number of years, there is nothing i can say bad about the comany all good things. The mangement is always find new way to make your jobs easier and safe. I myself have advanced in the company over the year i been there, Great place to work..
Pros
you can always advance
Great Family Company
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2014
I love working here, all the other employees feel like a giant family.
The customer comes first
Service Foreman (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2013
Enjoyed working with customers and building relationships with them
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough hours or work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAKER ROOFING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8