Baker University Employee Reviews in United States

Campus Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSNovember 1, 2015
This job was very easy, and fits perfectly into a busy work schedule if you are looking to make some extra cash on the side for books, BU clothing, or maybe drinks for the weekend.
Enjoyed working with other instuctors to improve the course
Adjunct Teacher (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 31, 2015
I worked as an online instructor teaching technology to teachers. The course was a 6 week, 3 credit master level course discussing issue, ethics and instructional techniques for the k-12 classroom. I worked on Blackboard and Moodle to set up and monitor the class. The students learned how to use google tools and other software programs such as prezi and youtube to present to the students in the class. A discussion board was set up to develop dialogue in which students were required to post their reaction to different topics. I really enjoyed teaching online and working with the other online instructors.
Pros
Could work on your own schedule
Cons
Students worked on their schedule which made end of the course grading intense
Great place to work,staff and faculty easy to get along with and proffesional
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSAugust 12, 2015
I clean 3 bldgs. I vaccume,clean and sanitize restrooms, dust sweep and mop clean labs and classrooms, I have become a better worker as it is a pleasant environment to work in interacting with the young adults on campus is a joy.The hardest part of my job is summertime when the kids aren't around campus
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
wages, health care
Beautiful campus,great Students,faculty and staff
Custodian 1 (Current Employee) –  Physical plantJune 24, 2015
Working at Baker is great, the work is steady, the people are friendly, I work in a place where education and furthering myself educationally is important and I appreciate .Management is very flexible working to be sensitive of the needs of their employees, and coworkers we all are able to rise to the occasion when something like summertime move outs need to be cleaned and work together and get them done ,The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the students progress and being part of it
Pros
some of the benefits
Cons
wages
Great place for advancing your education
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 4, 2015
Management was unorganized. I came into work with at least 50 phone messages from students regarding mostly financial aide. I liked my co-workers. I learned Citrix. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with students and explaining their accounts with them.
benefits
Cons
no organization
spontaneous work flow with constant drive to motivate kids to apply and commit to Baker
Admissions Counselor & Student Affairs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSJanuary 7, 2015
Building relationships is everything in sales. People need to know that they can trust you and that you truly have their best interest in mind. I learned as a counselor that the campus visits are immensely valuable, as long as you keep them in perspective. Whether it’s the weather, the noise of summer construction, the personality of your tour guide, or whether or not you remembered to bring your comfy walking shoes, a campus visit can go from life-changing to completely forgettable based on a number of things having nothing to do with the school itself. as a salesman you have to know how to relate and find the connection with people. I am able to connect with all walks of life and have the energy and personality to have a good time in the process.
Pros
talkative and energetic person, with a drive to build relationships.
Cons
strive hard for success and always looking for ways to change and innovate
campus safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSSeptember 23, 2014
My day began with the changing of the guard from previous shift' All pertinent information was exchanged at this time. It was exciting most of the time. I worked well with others above my chain of command. I had a great staff working for me. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with an old but still running security system. most enjoyable was at graduation, seeing the big picture, and thanking many a parent for raising such enlightening kids.
Pros
great benefits
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSApril 16, 2014
•Monitored and advised students in a campus living facility

•Served as a peer counselor for students and a familiar first resource for students with academic or institutional questions.

•Underwent an extensive training process and was responsible for enforcing residence policies.
Asmin Asst
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 19, 2014
Answering phones, daily bank deposits, assisting students with schedules and book and tuition payments.
Poor School District
Administration Assistant/ Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSNovember 7, 2013
I was very grateful for the opportunity. However, the school system was very poor maintain. Over sized class rooms and everything seem unorganized.
Excellent co-workers and work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2013
Baker was a very good place to work, as a benefit offered is free tuition. I only left because of a job opportunity out of state.
Baker University
Front Desk Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSSeptember 6, 2012
Handle student inquires,complaints, billing and payment request. Manage a high-volume work load within a deadline-driven environment.
Pros
home like work enviroment, fun co-workers
Cons
benefits, pay
A good employer
Adjunct instructor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 25, 2012
I have worked at Baker several years. The classrooms are clean and modern, with up-to-date electronic equipment. Staff are supportive and helpful. Students are seeking professional development and are motivated to learn, participate well. Peer reviews help keep faculty challenged to do well and tweak their classroom leadership. Compensation is fair for the market. I have enjoyed my time at Baker.
great place to work
Network / System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSJune 1, 2012
wonderful place to work.

Lots of projects, so you don't get pigeon holed into just one function.
The Best
Athletic Recruiter / Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSApril 6, 2012
By far the best way to start your career, maintain it and continue on toward good balance.
Pros
best working environment i ever had.
Cons
n/a