Baker Victory Services Employee Reviews

Just terrible
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 2, 2016
Terrible place to work, poor management. They put the workers and kids in unsafe positions due to inadequate staffing. Required to work 25 or more overtime hours a week to avoid mandation. They burn you out and don't care about employees.
Pros
Cons
inadequate staffing, no breaks, long hours, mandatory overtime, poor management, poor treatment of employees
scary mid management; incredible dishonesty in leadership
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  group homeJanuary 31, 2016
Group home teams of DSPs are hard working and we help each other out to get the job done. Managers are all over the place; one really good one, one that does absolutely nothing and expects staff to work doubles and come back after six hours off-just stupid. Lots and lots of stuff swept under the rug. Way too much personal drama. Management extremely poor in DD houses. Stay away-they attack and fire people for no reason, except that the staff likes them.
Pros
DD residents
Cons
dishonesty, really lousy management
fulfilling working with the residents
DSP/Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 10, 2015
I worked as a direct care for 6 years and advanced to an LPN and worked for another 6 years. The job was rewarding, and staff were great to work with. Lower management were very considerate and help, but i cant' say the same about higher management. because they have no consideration for individual employee work ethics and years of service. They only listen to their peers and not investigate and ask staff's co-workers.
Pros
great staff and residents
Cons
upper management discrimination
enjoyed working with all the clients
Direct Suppoet Profesioanl (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Work with individual who have developmental disabilities and Mental health disabilities. Was very supportative of clients and advocate for clients at work and home settings.
What I have learned
Educational Support Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJuly 2, 2015
What I have learned most working at this job is how to deal with my own emotions when someone is taking their frustrations and anger out on me when I am not the problem. I love the support that I get from all of my coworkers. Everyone is willing to jump in and help each other out.
Overworked and not appreciated
Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYApril 9, 2015
I was a Manager here the staff was making more than me but I spent 40 hrs as a Manager and anywhere from 0-25 hrs weekly being an aide. They do not pay overtime to management so you work for straight pay or no additional pay at all. Upper management will micro manage you until staff quit instead of doing their own job.
Pros
Staff were teamplayers where I worked.Individuals were great.
Cons
Low pay, micro-manage, understaffed, do not practice what they teach.
Productive work place and very positive team
Assistant Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Lackawack, NYMarch 13, 2015
A typical work day you arrival to work in the morning greets all the clients and staff. Review all documentation from the night before. Counselor and teach clients new coping skill and independence living skills. My co-worker and staff are amazing the job offers a lot of training and team building skills for the staff. The hardest part of the job is helping staff understand the clients trauma. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a positive different in a clients life everyday.
Pros
Great pay, Benefit and great training for the staff and supervior
A typical day for me at work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJanuary 3, 2015
At Baker Victory Services I worked as a Direct Support Professional. A typical day for me at work was giving direct support to persons with disabilities. I have learned how to give feeds through G-tubes, pureed food, and how to clean trachea's. Management was not very supportive and i never received proper training. The hardest part of the job was the mandatory overtime policy they had. The most enjoyable part of the job was going on outings with the residents.
Pros
A lot of down time, Great co-workers
Cons
Mandatory overtime policy
Good Benefits, but that's about it.
behavioral counselor (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 8, 2014
Administration is terrible. No one knows what they are doing and everyone in authority is only worried about saving their own jobs rather then doing what is right for the kids and families, let alone their employees. Administration does not take accountability for their own lack of responsibilities that cause chaos within departments.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Terrible leadership
good place to work for
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYNovember 6, 2014
over all it was good place to work, while I was going to night school.
Pros
hours were good while going to night school
Cons
night shift
Baker Victory
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYSeptember 24, 2014
I was able to learn a lot about myself at this job. The main thing that I learned was to always be appreciate of my life, as well as having my health and friends and family to be my support system. This job allowed me to learn a lot about other individuals that I never would have taken the time to understand without this job. I learned many behaviors of the human body that I was not sure existed. I also administered medications, prepared meals and taught six young men daily tasks and how to live a daily life. Even though my job was to impact the boys life, I feel they impacted mine more than anything. This was one of the best jobs I ever had.
Good place to gain entry level experience
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYAugust 3, 2014
Great place to gain entry level experience. Can be a very stressful work environment when clients are have problem areas, but overall not a bad place to work. THere is a very big lack in consistency when it comes to managment
Lots of work for little pay
Special Education Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 31, 2014
As an assistant at Baker Victory Service's Early Childhood Program you are required to do a lot of work for little compensation. In this position you are doing it out of your love for children and enjoyment of working with them and hopefully the teacher you get to work with. You constantly hear about how the program is struggling and why there is no advancement or why there is the threat of losing jobs. These children are small and many have special needs so you are changing diapers, working on self help skills such as feeding themselves, or you having to feed the child, etc. The children are the best part of you day. They are wonderful and loving.
Pros
working with children, benefits
Cons
very low pay, constant threat of losing job
Bad company
Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYJuly 14, 2014
Management is poor with spending, that has caused a handful of group homes to go under over the years. In the past the staff that worked at the homes knew how to work with the clients by offering support,and preparing the clients how to live in the real world. With Campus only being left, BVS should do more to not only help the clients but offer a better support system for staff to avoid burnout.
Pros
making a difference
Cons
high turn over
Productive and fun workplace
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYMay 30, 2014
I enjoyed work environment. It was very comfortable and co-workers were very helpful. Assisting residents and helping feed, groom,bathe,and clothe them made them very happy. It also made me happy to know I was helping them.
Great medical trainings
Medical Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYMay 26, 2014
Terrible management the "higher up" run the show and start certain goals for clients that cant be executed by management but expect staff to do so. HIGH TURN OVER. However each employee shares the same feelings toward the agency so your co-workers usually help each other through the day.
It is ok
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYMay 18, 2014
A regular day consist of on average 10hrs with no breaks in between. The client's are happy mostly but do have proublem areas. Management does not take into consideration it's employees on many levels-from no breaks, to no lienancy with client's, not giving good guidance). The most enjoyable part of my job is making the kids days happy and knowing that I have assisted them in growth.
Great company, little organization
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 23, 2014
great place to work if the field suits your specialties. typical day at the job includes caring for developmentally disabled individuals. Cooking, cleaning of their residence and helping them to achieve daily goals.
taking care of disabled individuals
direct support professional (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYJanuary 21, 2014
get to work, wake up residents, get residents showered and dressed, cook and process breakfast, feed residents, give daily medications, go on outtings if scheduled, do indoor activities, cook and process lunch and feed to residents, do daily paperwork, coerse with co workers, being a personal advocate to an assigned resident, do laundry, clean residence and go home.
Pros
taking care of the disabled and leaning more about their lifestyle
Cons
didnt find any negative points about it
Enjoyable working in Human Resources and the other departments that comprised of people from various backgrounds
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at work at Baker Victory starts with community meetings among staff members on how everyone is feeling, what is planned for the day and how individuals and group plan to accomplish their agenda for the day. I learned how to positively engaged with co-workers and focus on achieving organizational goals and vision.
The hardest part of the job is to ensure that union collective bargaining agreement is complied with on a daily basis. The most important enjoyable part of my experience is accomplishing daily tasks while engaging with employees each and everyday regardless of how long it took.
Pros
Engaging with employees at all levels of the organization.
Cons
working long hours on a consistent basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Victory Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8