BakerCorp Employee Reviews

lots of training good workers
tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAAugust 21, 2016
great money 100 plus hours a week but pit 32 branch is run by branch manager like boot camp he wants you to give all like a team but he will throw you under the buss or fire you like an enemy alot of good employees to work with but management sucks no leadership
Pros
lots of training
Cons
no lunch breaks in the field . no job security never home gone for 8 weeks at a time
Great work life balance
HR Manager/Business Partner (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 27, 2016
The company is still figuring it out. Better processes and procedures need to be put in place and executed throughout the company. Once this takes place things will be more productive and effective/efficient.
Pros
Great work life balance for management
Cons
Lack of real processes and procedures
Not the place to be if you want a career!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 17, 2016
Stay away from Management. All management is interested in is Sales Force. Boss told me "I would rather have a sales guy that his numbers are low but great at Sales force, than I guy that numbers were good but suck at sales force"
Pros
BakerCorp does have good equipment.
Cons
Management and SalesForce. It's not the bible!
Great Values
Administrative Assistant Sr (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 14, 2016
This company has great values and strong push on safety.
a great company to work for.
Management is great and always pushing the employees to be better.
use to be great place not anymore
Senior Field Service technician pumps (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJFebruary 6, 2016
Was with the company for 10 years senior field service technician pumps. Regional certifier. In the beginning this was the greatest place to work. Great people like family. Then they sold to investers and everything changed for the worse upper management had a great disconnect with the common employees.very low morale. A lot of very good people who made Baker what it was began to leave in numbers.management afraid of losing there jobs. They no longer cared about those working for them.went out on a medical leave and was terminatedfor no good reason. 10 years of hard work and tthis is how your treated. Anyone still working there beware they don't care not like family anymore.i suggest keep your options open.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Awful place to work
Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PANovember 13, 2015
Management makes sure they show how much higher their ranking is. The company expects you to dedicate your life to the company. They punish you when you use your casual days(which they say you have to use all 5 in a year). When work gets slow they look for ways to fire people. A LOT of 2 faced racism. Place is going down the drain slowly because of all of the new strict rules they are starting to enforce.
Cons
Management treat the workers terrible
Working in the public and driving truck.
Truck Driver CDL A (Current Employee) –  Parachute, COSeptember 7, 2015
I drive truck in the oil field. I am speaking to company men on a daily bases, and having proper paper work filled out. I am responsible for taking care of my log book. I am also required to do a pretrip amd post trip inspection on all equipment used on a daily bases.
Productive and fast paced workplace, great emoloyees.
Lead Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Baker Corp. will keep you productively busy and will work with you on keeping your personal life balanced. They hire you based on willingness to work and chemistry so all employees get along.
Great company, Best in the industrial segment
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston WVAugust 16, 2015
Great company that cares about their customers and employees and strives to grow and do business the right way without cutting corners
Pros
People, work environment, culture
Cons
compensation could increase but mostly no complaints
"heads down" culture
Billing Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJune 17, 2015
Employees unenthusiastic, very little personal interchange between employees and employees and management.
Middle Management and Upper Management in 2 different physical locations which has led to insecurity as to corporate remaining in California.
Most enjoyable part of job was after deadlines passed.
Learned to use Wynne AS400 programs.
Physicality required in all positions due to paper based work.
Audits from outside vendors required constantly. I had a sense of the "tail wagging the dog" and defensive management being practiced.
Pros
Friday casual clothing during summer
Cons
See review
great place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springville, PAMay 21, 2015
great people to work with,everybody gets along ,people are always on the same pageuifetyfggtfweugfdjhfgdhfgjhfgsjhfgsdjhfgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low hours
Decent place to work but company is in a state of transition.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMay 20, 2015
This company is staffed with good, hard working people. However, morale is lacking due to the company's poor financial condition and high turnover.
BAAKER is a good company to work for
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Parachute, COMarch 7, 2015
Excellent benefits
Corporate office is always ready to assist
Restructuring having its growing pains
Flexible work schedule
BakerCorp was a great job experience all together.
Outside Sales//Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LANovember 12, 2014
Every morning i greeted my clients/customers with breakfast and discussed up coming and current projects which involved my equipment and services. I would then continue seeing as many customers during the day as possible while meeting new customer at he same time. Sometimes we would play golf, see sporting events, fish ect... Take care of the customer bottom line. I learned so much about managing my crews, controlling job sites and how to give the best customer service there is. My co-workers were great! We actually worked together to close deals and get the job done. The hardest part of my experience at BakerCorp was deal with middle management. This one person made it very hard to complete task and impossible to reason with. The best part of my experience at BakerCorp was the high level of general professionalism I learned from my co-worker and upper management. They thought me how to be the best at my job while staring down the face of adversity. I was able to enjoy my customers and create relationships that will last a very long time.
Pros
expense account and vehicle allowance.
Cons
middle management
Industrial Rental and Sales
Berm Tech (Former Employee) –  Laporte TexasSeptember 24, 2014
Provide Filtration, Shoring, Pump, and Tank needs to surrounding plants and industrial oriented companies
BakerCorp is a great place to work with great people.
Event Manager, CMP (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAAugust 2, 2014
At BakerCorp, I went from and Executive Assistant enrolled in event management courses to a certified professional in Event Management. I was able to develop a Strategic Meetings/Travel Management Program on target to save the company about $400K.
Pros
people
Cons
relocating corporate office; would have stayed forever otherwise
Good Company
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAJuly 25, 2014
Good compensation and bonus incentives. Overall poor employee morale with a lack of team work.
Pros
compensation and benefits & customers
Cons
job culture
Solid Management
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 24, 2014
Good culture, good managers. Not too much oversight. Able to manage local business as you see fit.
Fun Challenging work but very poor Sales Support
SALES REPRESENTATIVE- (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 5, 2014
The company is very backwards on Sales Analytics and doesn't look like they will get there very soon. Completely restructured the company without a very good plan on how they were going to proceed. Cut off all capital for new equipment to meet customers needs.
Pros
Car Reimbursement
Cons
State of flux
my thought and workday
Water transfering (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoMay 8, 2014
A typical day at work for me was going to the shop and figuring out what i was going to do for the day. usually i would go and transport equipment to locations. I left town for a weed and worked with the flowback crew down in new raemer, bakers management skills are on par. the hardest part of the job was waiting for something to do. Waiting for another crew to come and finish so we could start. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually working. moving birms, folding hoses. lifting equiptment around the shop.
Pros
sometimes you got lunch
Cons
the gave you lunch

2.9