Bakers Employee Reviews

Unorganized and not fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2017
I've worked here twice in my lifetime. The second time I came back I left within a month! The job was very unorganized, no training, customer service manager didn't converse very well. The hiring specialist was difficult to work with, never could get into contact with her, she was unorganized, couldn't find my new hire paperwork at one time, and forgot to submit it into the system so I could start orientation. Just a horrible experience!
Pros
Discount
Cons
No hours, terrible leads, disorganized
I was a new experience
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 14, 2016
Was introduced to new people a new environment and experience. Was a different work source warehouse very hot inside. Showed me exactly how bagels were made packaged and delivered.
Pros
Free bagels
Cons
No morning shift
Good place to work.
Frozen Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 5, 2017
Work here was good, but mainly I am just composing words right now to bypass this ridiculous survey. If I have to fill out more than one of these I will be very displeased.
fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Great people, if you like selling merchandise than this job position is for you. It can be very competitive being that you have to make your sales quote.
good
Stocker and Back Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 17, 2016
It was a good place to work. The people I worked with were friendly and we all worked well together. Management was fine. There just wasn't a way to grow.
Great place to build customer skills
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 5, 2016
I'm either up early in the morning to work at 6 or up late till 12. I was trained in three different jobs on the Front End. They include being a cashier at a register and a cashier at the u-scan running six registers along with being a courtesy clerk. Some management training. My management team is great, some of my bosses understand that trying to get along with employees is important. I prefer to work with the ones that actually want to do their job correctly when it comes to my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is working with people that do not want to do their job right and working with customers that just plain have a bad day and take it out on me who has to mostly run six registers at once. I can try to give everyone special treatment but it is not always possible when I have about five registers malfunctioning at once. I love being able to talk to my customers and learn about their days. Love being able to wear Nebraska Football t-shirts on Game day.
Pros
Free Lunches, Nebraska Football Game day shirts, BBQ
Difficult but interesting place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 30, 2016
Bakers is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy all of the people I work with. I have learned to always validate the customers concerns and with in reason compensate them to keep their loyalty. The managers to were always willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was never having enough people to do what was expected. I love the customers and have met some wonderful people
Pros
the great people I work with and the employee discount
Cons
rarely do I get a break other than my unpaid mandatory lunch, Often I close the store alone and customers are angry because of the wait.
I love what i do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 22, 2016
I enjoy the retail business. I enjoy helping customers. The first manager i had was pleasure to work with but when he left we got a new one and he was okay but more about himself and covering himself.
Dinamic Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 7, 2016
I like work in Bakers, is a dynamic work and fun. This work are only a Season work. I learn work in team work. And refor the service customer. The hard part of this job are the clients, in occasions the clients are difficult, but I liked.
Pros
dinamic
Cons
Season work
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 4, 2016
Bakers was my first job. I learned how to deal with customers. That's were my sales associate skills came from. My manager was really sweet and nice.
Pros
discounts
Fun, Successful, Friendly, Memorable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 27, 2016
This was one of the most fun, and enjoyable jobs I've ever worked. One of the main reason i settled for such little benefits and pay just to keep a friendly smile, and my great customers which i called my friends.
friendly and upbeat environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  atlantaSeptember 29, 2015
a great place to meet and interact with people where you provide friendly customer service in order to make sales. It is an upbeat job where your personality leads the way which helps one generate old and new sales. The sales floor is always stocked with new items and great promotion deals on products are always available keeping customers coming back. Coworkers are very friendly and helpful we all put in our part to make it a fun experience. The job is fairly easy especially if you are a people person sales will come the hardest part is standing on your feet for long periods of time but you get use to it.I enjoy being able to be part of a team that puts the customer first and in doing so the business stayed flourishing
Enjoyable place to start, Love people
Courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 23, 2016
I loved working at Bakers because it really helped me with my social skills, I am now very good with talking to people, also the management was great to work with.
personal summary
baker lead person (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAAugust 2, 2015
A hardworking, punctual and safety conscious baker who has considerable experience working within a bakery environment, producing large volumes of items that are shipped to retail stores.
I Ejinio Carrilllo have tremendous amounts of passion and enthusiasm for baking, working production line, as well as strong core food knowledge.
I have knowledge throe out bread process, and export at hand scaling, molding, puffing, baking, rapping, warehouse, shipping, and receiving.
Fast pasted, Fun environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2015
A normal day was a busy and fast environment that still gave you the ability to interact and provide the best costumer service. The coworkers are very helpful and work with you if you have an issue or just don't understand how something works. The hardest part of the job was learning where everything is during the first week and the more enjoyable part are the people you meet working there.
Awesome work environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  atlanta,gaMay 20, 2015
A day at Bakers was typically easy going. I love fashion therefore, loved to help style the customers and make sure that they were getting everything that they were looking for. The management team and co-workers were very nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job would be holidays. It could be somewhat overwhelming during the holidays.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
short breaks
great job fun to work at
Assistant Management (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 28, 2015
in learned a lot everyday to be exact my boss made sure everyone was on point help me a lot to make sure sell was going as plan and if anyone need me I was there. I was the first right hand to make sure the store was running good.
there was no hard part because each and everyday there was a new challenge to be completed. so evertime we step foot into the room there was something new waiting to be done.
Pros
very great atmosphere love working with new people
Cons
job close down due to break rup
Mostly enjoyable
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me bagging, checking, cleaning, and pushing shopping carts. I learned while working their to actually communicate with people and it helped me realize I enjoy getting to know co-workers and customers. Management was okay, but it sometimes felt like the supervisors would play favorites with people. If you weren't on their good sides, the 15 minutes breaks weren't guaranteed and they would make their favorites go ahead and take their breaks first and you last. Once I was able to work more hours, instead of scheduling me more, they cut my hours. I loved most of my co-workers and got to know a lot of them on a personal level to where we became good friends. Some of them slacked off a lot though and I would occasionally get stuck with doing their job. the hardest part though I would say was the amount of work I was doing. I like being kept busy, but it would wear on my back. The most enjoyable part for me was talking to all sorts of different people and being able to learn about them.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Not guaranteed breaks after 4 hours of work, a lot of work for little pay, and less hours
cashier
Cashier/Customer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 24, 2014
IF the speeds (e.g. 1066, 1600, 800, etc) and the type of RAM (DDR1, DDR2, DDR3) is the same on both computers, it should work. It should say on the package of the RAM what the MHz (speed) or the RAM is and the type of RAM it is. If not, it should say on one side of the actual stick of RAM. It is very clearly printed on the stick of RAM, but if it is like in this case, and you have this RAM working in a computer, run CPU Z to figure out what type of RAM it is. Other than those way of identifying it, it will be weird...
Fast paced interesting learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 8, 2014
Opening Customer service center, Greeting Customers

I learned that as long as you are calm and courteous so are the customers

Do your job timely and professionally management is great. Management will be helpful when needed

Co-workers are team orientated

The hardest part of the job was leaving to relocate

The most enjoyable of the job was interacting with customers
Pros
Holidays and Dress up days
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakers. Our community is ready to answer.