Bakers Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting workplace with fashionable environment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2012
A typical day at work was making sure each customer was greeted, and building a rapport with that customer. If a customer wanted to try on shoes, it was important to bring out other pairs that they may like as well. Showing accesories was a plus too because creating that overall look would keep the customer coming back. I learned that you can have fun with what you do by believing in your products. It was fun to dress up and wear the newest style that just came out to show our customers we take our job seriously. Management always made sure we knew everything. We knew what other stores were selling, and the managers made sure we kept up our own personal sales goals to help the store as well as our pockets. The co-workers assisted me in completing a sale and keeping the store clean. The hardest part was trying to keep up sales when it was a slow day. I did really enjoy the atmosphere though it was a fun job, and a great way to meet people.
Pros
employee discount, nice breaks, room for advancement
Mostly enjoyable
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me bagging, checking, cleaning, and pushing shopping carts. I learned while working their to actually communicate with people and it helped me realize I enjoy getting to know co-workers and customers. Management was okay, but it sometimes felt like the supervisors would play favorites with people. If you weren't on their good sides, the 15 minutes breaks weren't guaranteed and they would make their favorites go ahead and take their breaks first and you last. Once I was able to work more hours, instead of scheduling me more, they cut my hours. I loved most of my co-workers and got to know a lot of them on a personal level to where we became good friends. Some of them slacked off a lot though and I would occasionally get stuck with doing their job. the hardest part though I would say was the amount of work I was doing. I like being kept busy, but it would wear on my back. The most enjoyable part for me was talking to all sorts of different people and being able to learn about them.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Not guaranteed breaks after 4 hours of work, a lot of work for little pay, and less hours
Best job experience ever!
Retail Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 8, 2014
I loved my first job at Bakers shoes. Not only did it fit my future sense of style and current interest but it kept me busy at age when most can get into trouble. My job at Baker's taught me a lot about responsibility which also helped me a lot why I was in school, it kept me focused. I enjoyed the culture of fashion that I was suddenly surrounded with and the original staff I worked with upon hire was awesome. I learned great team skills and great salesmen coordination. The job was great until we had a lot of outside hires for management during a random time when we had a lot of managers walk-out at several Arizona locations. Since I made it to the key holder position and was assisting management, I couldn't get past the fact that they weren't willing to promote me within. Due to a lack of hours and pay / benefits I quit
Pros
great employee discount.
Cons
high turn-over rate for the sales associate employees.
fast paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 13, 2013
A typical day at Bakers is chaotic but a great challenge for those who work fast. The fast food industry gives you the opportunity to learn every aspect of a franchise kitchen. from my time at bakers I learned the cashier position along with filling drink orders and how to make the variety of shakes they make. this was also my first job and first job handling food so I also learned the regulations for food handling when I received my food handlers certificate. I loved my manager while working at bakers. she was very understanding and explained the duties of the job in great detail. some of my co-workers were hard to get along with but with good effort we found common ground. the hardest part of the job was learning the cash register. each button had its own menu which made it complicated but with practice it can be mastered. the most enjoyable part of the job was making shakes from scratch!
Pros
fast paced so never bored
Cons
short shifts, few days per week
friendly and upbeat environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  atlantaSeptember 29, 2015
a great place to meet and interact with people where you provide friendly customer service in order to make sales. It is an upbeat job where your personality leads the way which helps one generate old and new sales. The sales floor is always stocked with new items and great promotion deals on products are always available keeping customers coming back. Coworkers are very friendly and helpful we all put in our part to make it a fun experience. The job is fairly easy especially if you are a people person sales will come the hardest part is standing on your feet for long periods of time but you get use to it.I enjoy being able to be part of a team that puts the customer first and in doing so the business stayed flourishing
great job fun to work at
Assistant Management (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 28, 2015
in learned a lot everyday to be exact my boss made sure everyone was on point help me a lot to make sure sell was going as plan and if anyone need me I was there. I was the first right hand to make sure the store was running good.
there was no hard part because each and everyday there was a new challenge to be completed. so evertime we step foot into the room there was something new waiting to be done.
Pros
very great atmosphere love working with new people
Cons
job close down due to break rup
Best part of working in the Mall is the discounts
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 23, 2013
Typical day at work would be to provide service and products that fits the event at hand. Demonstrating multiple products that benefits the customer and how that would fit there needs. Also coaching and mentoring the sales team to push and not just throw shoes at them. Come with multiple and not just one shoe. Hardest part about that career would be long hrs not being productive. Most enjoyable is setting goals and crushing them.
Pros
great discounts with shoes and with in the mall.
Cons
not seeing a clear future and also a chance of a churn and burn staff.
Social networking and VIP hosting
Social Networking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 17, 2012
The restaurant/club was the newest and most elite in Lexington at the time. Everyone was eager to get in, spend quite a bit and enjoy the addition to Lexington nightlife. I got to handle many aspects coordinating between VIP requests, hostessing, waiters, VIP service, kitchen/catering, management, etc. I was a connecting factor for most departments. I enjoyed sharpening my communication and planning skills by interacting with and accommodating an extreme variety of people. The difficulty came in the occasional lack of management and clarity.
cashier
Cashier/Customer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 24, 2014
IF the speeds (e.g. 1066, 1600, 800, etc) and the type of RAM (DDR1, DDR2, DDR3) is the same on both computers, it should work. It should say on the package of the RAM what the MHz (speed) or the RAM is and the type of RAM it is. If not, it should say on one side of the actual stick of RAM. It is very clearly printed on the stick of RAM, but if it is like in this case, and you have this RAM working in a computer, run CPU Z to figure out what type of RAM it is. Other than those way of identifying it, it will be weird...
personal summary
baker lead person (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAAugust 2, 2015
A hardworking, punctual and safety conscious baker who has considerable experience working within a bakery environment, producing large volumes of items that are shipped to retail stores.
I Ejinio Carrilllo have tremendous amounts of passion and enthusiasm for baking, working production line, as well as strong core food knowledge.
I have knowledge throe out bread process, and export at hand scaling, molding, puffing, baking, rapping, warehouse, shipping, and receiving.
It was a great company to work for, fun and family type of environment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO, New YorkJuly 31, 2013
I learned so much from regional managers, fellow store managers and also part-time sales employees. The day was always fun and fast paste. Upper management had an open door policy, it was easy to communicate to all. The hardest part of my job was if i lost a great employee due to another company or personal reasons. I mostly enjoyed working with people.
Awesome work environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  atlanta,gaMay 20, 2015
A day at Bakers was typically easy going. I love fashion therefore, loved to help style the customers and make sure that they were getting everything that they were looking for. The management team and co-workers were very nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job would be holidays. It could be somewhat overwhelming during the holidays.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
short breaks
Great work experience and growth opportunity
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 2, 2013
I learned a lot and grew as a professional as well as a person. I refined shrink management and was very successful at the process. The associates are great to work with and it is conducive to a team environment.
The work hours were varied week to week which made it hard to make plans.
Customers and providing world class service is the best perk of this company. Being allowed to make the customers happy is great.
Pros
customers and associates
Cons
work schedules
Customer service and great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 23, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my co-workers. Management was a little haywire since so many people were quitting as I was getting hired on. I've learned in customer's always know what they want, even when they say they are "just looking." The hardest part was having to get used to two different managers switching out during my time there.
Fast pasted, Fun environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2015
A normal day was a busy and fast environment that still gave you the ability to interact and provide the best costumer service. The coworkers are very helpful and work with you if you have an issue or just don't understand how something works. The hardest part of the job was learning where everything is during the first week and the more enjoyable part are the people you meet working there.
Fast paced interesting learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 8, 2014
Opening Customer service center, Greeting Customers

I learned that as long as you are calm and courteous so are the customers

Do your job timely and professionally management is great. Management will be helpful when needed

Co-workers are team orientated

The hardest part of the job was leaving to relocate

The most enjoyable of the job was interacting with customers
Pros
holidays and dress up days
Cons
short breaks
Priorty in customer service
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 10, 2012
if in charge for the day, always work to do to keep you busy.
i have learned the administrative aspect of the business.
management is productively working on the floor among the line employees.
i get along and work well with all my co workers.
during breakfast hours when lunch is also being served as well.
the interaction with the customers.
Fun work place
Sales Associate then became a Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 27, 2013
Opening/closing the store & registers.
I learned how to be more responsible by becoming a floor manager.
My co-workers for the most part were easy to get along with and had opened minds.
Pros
working in the mall and getting to interact with people
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, and rude customers.
stylish place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 17, 2014
Working at Baker Shoes on a typical day would be me stocking/cleaning the store. I would only work 6-10 hours a week. Although I was a sales associate it felt as though I wasn't really selling anything because the store wasn't busy. I enjoyed working with my managers but I didn't enjoy my work hours.
New Start
FT Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garden cityAugust 19, 2013
The company just reopened under a new owner. And starting to move up in there business area. Its different from the old company, the products are different. Its just harder to explain to customers why the stores closed and are now reopened.
Pros
great discount
Cons
not getting hours