Bakersfield City School District Employee Reviews in United States

Great company but don't get injured on the job
Aide II (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 5, 2016
Wonderful place to work then I got injured on the job. Then everything changed they are not flexible in placing you after being injured. I really was disappointed and quite shocked by their reaction to my work injury. Treatment was unfair and uncalled for.. Enough said
Pros
Pay and yearly raises
Cons
Not understanding or willing to be flexible
Learn experiences
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I loved working for Bakersfield city school district. I got to work with children and received experience for future employment.
Pros
Flexible hours, great staff
Cons
no cons
I enjoyed working with my peers.
Substitude Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, Ca.January 22, 2016
I really enjoyed my co workers. I would assist the inmates in ordering canteen, I would also do payroll . Back then everything was done manually so it made things a lot harder. Working there I learned a lot of patience.
Pros
Vacation time.
Cons
It was only a temporary job.
Very productive day with a great team.
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 22, 2015
A typical day at work will be to come in and pull out the food that has been prepped the day before and serve the students breakfast. After breakfast is served we count all leftovers and write it on the paper work to keep track. Then we get prepared for lunch and serve the students. After lunch we sanitize and clean the kitchen and go home for the day. Everyone is very helpful and up beat along with myself which brings out a healthy environment to work in.
Pros
free lunches for low income families, great work team
Cons
low hours
Good working environment
Transportation/School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 8, 2015
The employees are great to work with. The sense of team work is outstanding, especially when dealing the needs of the special needs children. Drivers will often go above and beyond their duty to help the children.
Benefits Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 2, 2015
This is a great place to work. Busy yet easy going. Get along with staff. Assist both staff and public. Great benefits package.
Fun productive day getting the job done
Volunteer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 10, 2015
Excellent job experience loved every aspact of the job. Would love to work there again. Going home with a smile knowing that the job was done properly in a well professional manner.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Fun Place to work
Office Support/ Nutrition Assistant Substitute (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2015
As a substitute I can work at any school I choose to go and meet new people. I enjoy working at the school cafeteria because the days go by fast, there is always something to do and I get to go home by 3pm.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no work during summer
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 8, 2015
Working with teachers and administrators that are helpful. Students are ready to learn. Students make the day enjoyable. Teachers are available at all times to answer any questions.
Its all about the students
Specialist (Current Employee) –  BakersfieldMay 26, 2015
I enjoy working with the students. Building relationships is key. I learned that there is a need for the students. The students need someone to talk to without feeling judged or ashamed.
Pros
The students are awesome
Cons
Politics
Productive work day in a Bakersfield City School District School
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 23, 2015
Typical Work day: Organized, timely, and productive
Learned: Timeliness, better organization skills, How important it is to have positive communication skills.
Hardest part of job: working against time and managing behavior.
Most enjoyable part of the job: interaction with the students and seeing their success.
Pros
Valuable teaching experience for future teachers
Cons
Paid once a month
Friendly, enjoyable, Fun place to work.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 2, 2015
to start my day at work I would put on my apron,hair net and go wash my hands and get ready to serve breakfast to the kids,then after serving breakfast we would get started on our daily skills (prep food). At work I learned to provide good customer service to students and staff, assist in kitchen processes, and generally ensure that students and staff have an enjoyable dining experience. My co-workers and I always work as team work helping each other. the most enjoyable part of this job is that I like to learn on how to prep food and the importance of the serving cuantities,and working with kids.
Excellent company to work for
specially funded clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 28, 2015
You get to meet many new people throughout the district. Everone is friendly and helpful.
Awesome work environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working for the company. The management was great. The most enjoyable part was working and interacting with the students. The hardest part was watching my students leave.
Pros
always meeting new people.
Cons
not working during the summertime.
Great way to get your feet wet in a school setting.
Teacher's Aide for Severely Handicapped (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 15, 2014
Any school district is an awesome place to work for if teaching or anything that has to do with schools is something that interest you.
Great place to work , great management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 19, 2014
From start to finish, it was all about the students. Staff, parents, and families working together to make sure each student grew both academically and socially. The management was very understanding of family life and understood life outside the school environment. For the most part, co workers got a long. There was always one or two who made getting along a bit difficult, but would put that aside when it came to our goal. The hardest part of this job was accepting student's home life. Student's didn't always have the best home life and it was hard at end of day when one must accept where your student is going. The most enjoyable part of this job was being part of the student's academic and social growth and viewing the joy of it first hand, of both the student and their families.
Pros
great health benefits and time off to be with family
Cons
not enough credit for great work from those outside of the district
Fun place to work and flexible schedule
Specially Funded Program Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 6, 2014
I worked with budgets, ordering and purchasing for the title I program. I enjoyed my job very much and my supervisors and other co-workers were great team players. What I liked most about my job was the flexibility and schedule.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
i was paid monthly
Rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 22, 2014
Being able to work in various classrooms, allows you to gather your own ideas and teaching perspectives.
Pros
available to work everyday
Cons
can be hard to get the respect of students when you are a new sub
Productive, Culture based
Aide ll (Special Education) (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 28, 2014
Productive, fun , diversity, I work with the severely disabled, students with Autism, as well as general education. students with behaviors
Pros
equal oppurtunity, gives everyone an oppurtunity to learn, various positive programs
Cons
overcrowded, classrooms
Good implementation of procedures.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 20, 2014
The district is large and has taken the time to have written procedures so staff know what is expected of them in most situations. The district also has good supplies available to staff.
Pros
many schools so you can transfer to different parts of town.
Cons
the district is very large and does not know staff on a personal level.

4.2