Bakersfield Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

It used to be a nice place to work
not available (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 29, 2016
Since the present upper management took effect, the work environment has gone to the dogs. Upper management (includes CEO, VP's and HR Director) is basically a clique, they pass by you in the hallway and will not even speak (unless you are a RN). Clinical staff are the only ones who have received a pay increase in the last two years. There is no room for advancement. No joy in coming to work any more. Think twice before you apply for a position.
Pros
no pros
Cons
salary, upper management
Great experience and great people
Registration Associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 12, 2016
I work in the PBX/ER office and it usually gets really busy; however, i enjoy the fast pace. I have learned a lot about insurances and hospital setting. I enjoy everyone I work with. The only problem is that its a small hospital so its difficult for the company to compensate employees with raises. I want to have room for growth and advancements.
Small But Mighty
RN (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 26, 2016
knowledgeable, friendly, welcoming, creative, progressive thinkers, small but mighty are all comments made to me by surveyors and students.
I love the team atmosphere. On our busiest days, everyone pitches in to get the job done. Even management rolls up their sleeves and helps.
I'm always proud to say I work at BHH because we're doing great things.
Pros
great support team
Cons
Short on space
A small facility
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 12, 2016
This is a smaller hospital and the pay isn't as competitive as big hospitals. The hospital is currently revamping itself and there are management changes which makes things confusing and frustrating at times. This hospital does more than just cardiac which is nice to gain experience in other categories. I enjoyed working here, I am only leaving due to the need to move to a different town.
Pros
comradere
Cons
small facility
Great Place to Work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  nurseSeptember 1, 2016
I have been very happy working for BHH and would not go to any other hospital in town. Great culture, great teamwork. All the departments work together. Management cares about the employees. I
Pros
Cafe has great food
Positive, Caring, Dynamic Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 29, 2016
Bakersfield Heart Hospital is well renowned in the town and I can see why. If you like working at a place that listens to their employees and you want to thrive with self-development then this is the place to be. It's a team friendly environment where managers and employees work hand in hand. There are many employees who have been here since the hospital opened. That in itself shows it's a great place to work.
Pros
Team friendly environment
Cons
was a great place at one time
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93308May 31, 2016
poor managers and support system. Needs to have a complete makeover of new management without nepotism. Hire according to knowledge and how to deal with people with appropriateness.
Pros
great hospital in the earlier years
Cons
poor history of management the last few years
great place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 13, 2016
Fun workplace, management is very nice and appreciate their employees. Everyday is pleasant and I look forward to going there everyday.
Its a fun place
GI/ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 13, 2016
I work with a lot of awsome peole,I love working in the er. the most hardest part of my job is nothing i have learned a lot in my job.
Pros
love it
Cons
not enogh breaks
RN Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Small hospital, great atmosphere. Cleanest hospital in town. Staff is professional and patient oriented. My supervisor is awesome and appreciates the work I do.
Pros
Good salary

Want to know more about Bakersfield Heart Hospital?

Ask a question
Productive and a good learning environment
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 31, 2016
1. get report
2. visit patient and plan out therapy for each patient
3. worked with good knowledgeable people.
4. Good learning environment
Not at all a fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 1, 2015
A typical day was dealing with customers with attitude. complaints made to me about food that I didn't cook.
I learned that the customer is always right and deserve to have their expectations met.
Coworkers were all friendly. However management took their titles too seriously.
Most enjoyable part was making shakes and working with the best employees.
Pros
Food
Cons
short breaks
I wish all my family could go to the Heart Hospital if they ever needed medical attention.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 16, 2014
A typical day at work was busy. The Patient's needs always came first. I have become BLS/CPR certified, as well as completing a Basic Arrhythmia course within the hospital. I can perform EKGs and prep a patient for pre/post operation. Computer charting, entering labs, and answering phone also had to be done. Management was awesome. My manager was amazing with the schedule and ensuring all employees were happy and worked well as a team. My co-workers were awesome, and I could have not asked for a better group to have worked with. The hardest part of a job was seeing family scared,confused, and misinformed. Overall, the Bakersfield Heart Hospital had outstanding patient care, and an amazing committee.
Unfair work enviroment
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, caJuly 20, 2015
Management favors employees. Forced to work shifts that are hard on family life. poorly staffed. Only good part about working at BHH is the patient interaction, they are the only ones who seem to appreciate your hard work
Cons
Short breaks, favortisim, rude upper managemnet
Educational and respectful place to work in.
PBX Operator/ ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CaliforniaSeptember 11, 2014
Working for the Heart Hospital was amazing. The Doctors are just great with medicine and the compassion for their patients is just miraculous.
I learned allot about medicine there at the hospital and what it does.
It really sparked an interest in me and I hope to one day go to school to maybe become a nurse.
All the staff there are super friendly and respectful.
Working in the ER again my soft spot is seeing kids just breaks my heart seeing them in pain.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience that I gained there for almost 4years working with the Star program.
Pros
Holiday celebrations
Cons
Short breaks
productive and excellent work place especially for beginners nursing
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 22, 2015
Great staff well profesional
great managment
being of service to my nurses and patients is my most enjoyable part of my job

the hardest part of my job is working too hard and dont give myself enough credit
Cons
short breaks
management
Supervisor of Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 19, 2013
While working as manager of floor, received little to no support from higher management, was expected to take call 24/7, with little to no time off. Did employee scheduling and payroll for over 86 employees with no help.
Pros
enjoyed being manager but needed more support
Cons
Very stressful with no time off
Font and Back Office
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 14, 2013
Able to interact with patient and pursuaing high quality care. Assisted provider with high extensive care for patient, enjoyed able to give back to community. Assisted with creating documentation for informational guideliness for patient knowledge in procedures. Extensively schedule appointment, for patient in a convience to them. Took pride and love what I did.
Pros
Free lunches with Medication Representatives, bonuses and christmas activities, Two hour lunches
Workplace Comradery
Patient Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 24, 2015
I only spent 6 months at Bakersfield Heart Hospital but I learned a great amount about working in a hospital setting. The best part of the job was the interpersonal employee bonds between all working there. The hospital is on the smaller side so this bond is tight.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria, great co-workers and friendly CEO.
Great place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 11, 2015
Great place to work.
Small hospital with great staff.
Great Co-Workers.
Excellent surgeons.
Great first Tech Job.
Employees are passionate about there jobs.
Pros
Small hospital with great staff.
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakersfield Heart Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3