Bakersfield Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and great place to work, truely a learning organization
Supervisor Darrel Cornett RRT (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93303June 12, 2016
Fantastic co workers, excellent medical staff
great food
Excellent nurses and all hospital worker
There were no hardest part of the job.
Pros
excellent doctors, nurses and therapists.
Cons
non
Enjoyed my job for 25 years
O.R. Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 21, 2015
I worked for the company for over 25 years. Enjoyed my time employed there. I started working there right out of high school. I started in the basement and worked my way up to Surgical Services. Bakersfield Memorial went from being a private hospital to merging with CHW, then becoming Dignity Health Corporation. The feel of family and appreciation of being a valued employee was lost.
Pros
Pay, Health Benefits
Cons
Management decision making and corporate restructure
Great Work/Life Balance
Supervisor, Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 10, 2016
Every day was different and never boring in working with the volunteers of the hospital. they are an enjoyable group of people.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Its Great place to work, very friendly atmosphere. Great retirement benefits.
Radiology Technologist/ CT technologist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 21, 2016
Great place to work, people are very friendly and very adjustable. Great retirement benefits and good Insurance coverage.
Excellent patient care is primary
Radiololgic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 30, 2015
The staff is supportive of each other and have a strong bond and desire to maintain the welfare of co-workers. This benefits the patient when the job is mentally and physically draining as this 'team work' approach ensures the patient is not adversely affected. The care of each worker for the patient is obvious in the concern for detail and time spent on each patient.
Clique work environment
Temp (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 7, 2016
Froth the majority of the time the employees were fine the only problem is how they view temporary employees. The front desk supervisor was overcritical
Pros
Learn
Cons
Environment
Fast and crazy ER. Wouldn't have it any other way!
Charge Nurse ER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Crazy ER with VERY few resources (no IV team, scarce psych/social services, IV pumps hard to come by, etc.). Dignity Health has great benefits, including free HMO coverage to all family members, tuition reimbursement, decent PTO, as an RN you are a part of the CNA, 40 hours a year education pay, home/auto discounts, etc.

I felt supported by management even though I was a newbie RN when I started. Even when I left, the director will still offer rave reviews to my prospective employers. Very close-knot ER family, everyone will help you if you ask. It gets crazy, it is so busy but the shifts fly by. Management was always great with the self-scheduling and fair with vacations.
Pros
decent pay, great benefits, flexible schedules, fair management style
Cons
few 15 min breaks, scarce hospital resources
great lounge areas
Account Representative/Refund Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, caMay 14, 2015
great hours and benefits, learned different programs regarding office systems, worked as refund rep/ collections, benefits are great along with hours, hardest part of the job was keeping permanent co-workers.
Pros
advancement
Cons
job security
Great Team
Placement Specialist/Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 25, 2015
I really enjoyed the two years I spent with Bakersfield Memorial Hospital (Case Management Department)
Busy, fast paced, patient focused work environment
Friendly management and co-workers
Pros
daytime business hours
Cons
weekend and holiday coverage mandatory
Very uncomfortable place to work.
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 21, 2014
It was a very uncomfortable place to work. there was no job security. That place had such a turn around rate. People wouldn't help train new people in fear of getting replaced. The lead was confrontational. While the department manager claimed to have an open door policy & appeared to be the all around friend. You just didn't get the feel that she was what she claimed to be. It seemed that they frowned on any employee trying to either better than selves or situation. If you tried to transfer to a different department all they have to do to block it was to find something to right you up & it would be blocked & you would have to wait at least 6 months to put in a bid for transfer again.
Pros
i was able to acquire my lvn license.
Cons
harsh work environment.

Want to know more about Bakersfield Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Great leadership
Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 18, 2014
Excellent employer. Great company culture currently evolving.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
low advancement for non-clinical staff
Staff therapist
Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 5, 2015
One of the best hospital I have ever worked. Busy Heart team and NICU. Great patient care. Management lets you use your skills and do your job.
Pros
Cons
It is in California
working at the hospital
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakerfieldl ca.September 23, 2015
One thing for sure is that working with people that care for other or patients it makes a Wonderful environment to work at.
Had great potential for me, somehow we forgot what was most important; remain professional at all times and work as a team despite our differnces.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 7, 2014
When I first got there I loved it, my Nurse Manager was great, the Director of Nursing was great. Somehow we lost respect for one another as professionals and as human beings; which spilled over to "if all is not for one then that one will no longer be there'. Could have been great for my career, learned a great lesson.
Fun great place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 6, 2013
Worked hard to get atb reports done, learned a lot about medical billing, management was good, co workers great, hardest part of job was irate pts. Most enjoyable part of job was to help pt's receive great healthcare.
Pros
cafeteria great food
Cons
irate pts
Fast paced work enviroment
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 10, 2013
A typical day at work would be a battle between a power struggle with management. Dealing with co-workers taking short cuts and not taking on the responsibility given to them.
Pros
free food for both break and lunch. being part of the union
Cons
poor supvision
Great schedule
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2014
Great work schedule, able to work a lot of overtime. They have great benefits that include tuition reimbursement.
Pros
money, schedule
Cons
unable to advance in organization as a nurse practitioner
BMH was a good place to work,most of the years i worked there
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 13, 2012
went to work at 4;00 am,got office togeather,before patient came in
to be registrated. How to work with people who were ill very afraid,learned good customer service and communication with people
I had a close relationship with my co-workers.the job wasn't hard,needed a change after working at BMH for 31 years.Was working with the patient and my co-workers.
Pros
no free lunchs
Horrible management, doesn't care about employees, too many meetings to attend
RN, Pediatric Acute, PICU float (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 27, 2014
The food servers and the housekeepers were always friendly.
Pros
children are wonderful patients.
Cons
rns are horrible to work with, eat their young, scare away travelers
I saw miracles everyday.
Scrub Tech (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 17, 2013
I was amazed at how the staff was willing to help me with everything. I enjoyed assisting the surgeons. I learned how to set up my feild quickly. I learned how to place my instruments once. I enjoyed working with the patients before and after surgery.
Pros
the staff was so helpful.
Cons
i would have loved another rotation there.

4.2