Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

Bakersfield Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Very uncomfortable place to work.
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: i was able to acquire my lvn license.
Cons: harsh work environment.
It was a very uncomfortable place to work. there was no job security. That place had such a turn around rate. People wouldn't help train new people in fear of getting replaced. The lead was confrontational. While the department manager claimed to have an open door policy & appeared to be the all around friend. You just didn't get the feel that she was – more... what she claimed to be. It seemed that they frowned on any employee trying to either better than selves or situation. If you tried to transfer to a different department all they have to do to block it was to find something to right you up & it would be blocked & you would have to wait at least 6 months to put in a bid for transfer again. – less
Work
Environmental Services (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 2, 2014
Working at the hospital was great i worked night shift so it was mostly quiet when i worked until i head to clean the floors in E.R but everything about the hospital was great i felt like i was apart of a team even though most people were RN and DR they still made me fill like i was apart of the team.
experiences and skills
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 16, 2014
patient care
learned how to deal with nursery care to geriatric care
co workers excellent
hardest part of job was loosing a patient
most enjoyable was seeing patient going home healed
Had great potential for me, somehow we forgot what was most important; remain professional at all times and work as a team despite our differnces.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 7, 2014
When I first got there I loved it, my Nurse Manager was great, the Director of Nursing was great. Somehow we lost respect for one another as professionals and as human beings; which spilled over to "if all is not for one then that one will no longer be there'. Could have been great for my career, learned a great lesson.
satisfactory
Assist Pharmacy (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 16, 2013
I work a set shift. My typical day at work is to fill pyxis, answer phones, compound I.V's and oral meds. I assist pharmacist with inventories of medications, billing through meditech application.
A typical day at work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: comfortable environment
Was charge nurse and kept things organized and moving, patient to nurse ratio was good and not over whelming. Good co-workers who all helped each other.
I saw miracles everyday.
Scrub Tech (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: the staff was so helpful.
Cons: i would have loved another rotation there.
I was amazed at how the staff was willing to help me with everything. I enjoyed assisting the surgeons. I learned how to set up my feild quickly. I learned how to place my instruments once. I enjoyed working with the patients before and after surgery.
Fast paced work enviroment
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free food for both break and lunch. being part of the union
Cons: poor supvision
A typical day at work would be a battle between a power struggle with management. Dealing with co-workers taking short cuts and not taking on the responsibility given to them.
Medium sized hospital
Surgical Nurse / Orthopedic / Gynecology (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 19, 2013
Very nice sized hospital close to major cities like Los Angeles.
FUN GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: cafeteria great food
Cons: irate pts
WORKED HARD TO GET ATB REPORTS DONE, LEARNED A LOT ABOUT MEDICAL BILLING, MANAGEMENT WAS GOOD, CO WORKERS GREAT, HARDEST PART OF JOB WAS IRATE PTS. MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB WAS TO HELP PT'S RECEIVE GREAT HEALTHCARE.
Office assistant
Business Office Support (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 20, 2012
Pros: got to walk a lot felt good to move around
Cons: temp position
process daily ER charges and worked with the manager on several projects
BMH was a good place to work,most of the years i worked there
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 13, 2012
Pros: no free lunchs
went to work at 4;00 am,got office togeather,before patient came in
to be registrated. How to work with people who were ill very afraid,learned good customer service and communication with people
I had a close relationship with my co-workers.the job wasn't hard,needed a change after working at BMH for 31 years.Was working with the patient and my co-workers.
Enjoyed working there.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 7, 2012
I was in the float pool and was able to work in several areas of the Hosp. which I enjoed very much.
good housekeeping only
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 5, 2012
I like that job because all the housekeeper we all work together we ask eachother did we need help.we got the job done! the boss he was very nice he was a helper too and fun to be around.
Overall would recommend if flexibility in schedule is not problem
Registered Nurse CCU department (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CaliforniaFebruary 1, 2012
Pros: excellent great range of critical patients
Cons: not much flexibility with "self scheduling"
Intense critical care facility with over 18++ critical beds. Includes cardiovascular stabilized patient recovery. Neuro recovery.