Rig Manager -EXPERIENCED- Workover Rigs – Watford City, ND Area
Normally responsible for supervising one rig; provides direct operational supervision to the rig personnel. Expedites assigned rig crews into the field at the beginning of the workday. This may include assisting the crews in obtaining the supplies needed to complete the day’s activities, collecting work tickets from the previous day’s work, gathering additional equipment required, communicating any changes to the work plans for the current job and any requests made by the customer. Creates and maintains positive customer relations. Actively seeks service sales opportunities; responsible for implementing company maintenance program
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
1. Directly responsible for the performance of his/her assigned rigs and crews. Will be required to be at the work site during critical operations to ensure safe operating procedures are being followed. Additional time should be spent on the work location to observe the crew members in their work activity and to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for assuring the rig field reports (daily work tickets) are completed and signed when required by the customer. Rig Supervisor will be required to attend and conduct safety meetings with his/her assigned crews.
3. Meets with customers to determine needs and services that the company can provide through personal visits and phone contacts.
4. Position requires mobility to visit rig crews and customers. This may require driving a vehicle for extended periods of time over long distances.
5. May occasionally direct the rig crew in the maintenance of the rig and associated equipment, and should have the knowledge of the use hand tools and other devices to accomplish the task.
6. This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the rig operations and Company Standard Operating Procedures and also other specialized training as required by the customer, regulatory agencies or the Company.
7. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
8. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
- Pass the company’s drug screen.
- Pass the company’s “Physical Functions Assessment”.
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver. CDL is preferred.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Medium Work- Exerting 25 to 60 pounds of force frequently, and/or 20 to 30 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- An understanding and use of the basic management concepts and principles including delegation, motivation, discipline, goal setting and performance evaluation.
- A thorough knowledge of the oil field service related equipment, materials, terminology and the maintenance of the same.
- Competitive Wages
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Regular Rotations
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE ON A WORKOVER RIG, YOU NEED NOT APPLY.