A leading provider of innovative Internet based solutions to small and medium-sized businesses, is looking for a dynamic, thoughtful, and bright individual to join our Quality Engineering team as part of our Websites division based in Menlo Park.
Contract to Hire
- Applies defined software engineering practices and procedures to design, influence, and drive quality and testability of products and services
- Defines automation test strategies
- Plays a leadership role in end-to-end quality
- Writes automated tests built on existing unit and integration test framework
- Extends existing unit test and integration test frameworks
- Researches, recommends, and installs automation test tools
- Develops and implements QA test plans for automated and manual tests
- Reads code to troubleshoot and isolate defects
- Actively drives increased code and test coverage
- Works on multiple assignments in parallel
- Provides proactive guidance during all stages of development lifecycle influencing specific project outcomes with the goal of defect prevention
- Mentor / coach other software QA engineers to facilitate their professional development
- Provides and meets time estimates for assigned deliverables
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience
- 5+ years experience in fast-paced software development company in a technical QA role
- Java development experience required, C++ experience a strong plus - must be comfortable with Java stack to effectively do code reviews, trouble shooting, advocate built-in testability, and write test code
- Expertise with automation tools required, Selenium 2 and webdriver experience preferred.
- 3+ years experience in test automation. Create/maintain automated test frameworks. Apply automation throughout the SDLC to drive efficiencies.
- Possesses solid software engineering skills, thorough knowledge of SDLC and QA/Test and automation methodologies
- Must have great analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Agile Development Lifecycle like Scrums, Sprints, Epics, User-stories, and Retrospectives
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience working with web applications or customer-facing products, preferably a consumer product desired.
Indeed - 16 months ago