Balance Staffing

Balance Staffing Employer Reviews

CCTV installation at a glass factory!
CCTV Installer/Technician (Former Employee), Galt, CaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: awesome work environment, responsibility, growth.
Cons: temp job, bad temp angency.
I was placed at Cardinal Glass through a temp agency called Balance Staffing. The job was fantastic but it was only a temp job lasting about 8 months or so. I was however happy to place this job on my resume because I got a ton of experience driving boom lifts (almost every day of the entire job), and I got industrial experience -- like, working around cranes with lockout/tag-out protocols.

Basically, my job was to be their personal CCTV installer, installing roughly 50 new IP and analog cameras and doing maintenance on their other 60-70 pre-existing IP and analog cameras. I worked side by side with their IT consultant during the installation. All of the cameras required the use of either a 20' boom lift or a 60' boom lift.

I also worked independently here. The management left most of the executive decision making, as far as my job title was concerned, up to me.

I also got some experience working side by side with the companies maintenance electricians for a few months during my employment.

Cardinal Glass was great but Balance Staffing was difficult to deal with. Problems with paychecks, Problems with their "cash card" gimmick they forced me to receive my checks on, inconsiderate and disrespectful of my rights as their employee.
productive
warehouse (Current Employee), Modesto, CADecember 15, 2014
typical day at work stack pallets stage orders . learned more logistics
very productive
Set-Up Technician (Former Employee), Largo, FLNovember 24, 2014
Pros: the experiance, the people i worked with was very pleasent
Cons: it was a temp job and we worked in a building infl with no a/c
When we started the publix was empty, then from day one we put everything in to the grocery store from the counters to the gondolas and the atm machine we put in the deli, the bakery ,the pharmacy , seafood, and produce. We had to unload the semi truck of parts unwrap them or take them out of there boxes build them up and place them where they belong. We used power tools hammers nails drills big drills and small hand held ones. Ladders and stools were used while watching out for the electricians and pipe fitters.
Productive and fun working at events.
Maintenance (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: friendly, hard workers and simple!
Cons: short breaks
A pretty simple job by cleaning up restrooms during events and off events. What I learned is how to communicate with non-english speakers. Management is great. Co-Workers is friendly and very competitive. The hardest part of the job is picking up garbage using your hands after the events. The most enjoyable about the job is meeting with new people and having excitements with guest.
exciting workplace and fun people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 28, 2014
my typical day at this workplace was that you never knew what type of work you were gonna get into everyday that you clocked in. it was like a surprise for me every shift. i learned that team work was very important at this job. the management was great. every coworker i worked with was friendly and helpful. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the line if someone else had made a mistake. the line never stops. you always had to be quick with your hands. most people wasnt so great. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people ive grown to know and become good friends with. i enjoyed every second of it and because of this job, i love warehouse work.
productive
General Labor (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 12, 2014
worked in groups of three, fast pace, safe, quick learner,. on time, saw how other work
Exciting and Friendly and great to work with
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Merced, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: friendly & professional
Cons: no cons, except that i would like to work more often with balance staffing.
Please see resume with job details. Thank you. Working with this company was very focused, professional,organized and care about the work they do.
Nothing wrong with this staffing agency, but the assignment they gave me just didn't pan out
Technical Support Specialist (contact), Level 1 (Former Employee), Salem, NHAugust 26, 2014
Pros: interesting work
Cons: stressful, huge work load, and disorganized management
The client I worked for, Plumchoice, was very disorganized and it became infeasible to work from home doing remote desktop support like we were doing, without enough communication with supervisors and management.
Great company
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 1, 2014
Ive worked with Balance staffing for about a year i have not issues
no training
member (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 22, 2014
They don't train you, so it's good to find a co-worker who doesn't mind showing you the ropes.
productive, and interesting place to work
Gekay Sales (Former Employee), Ludlow, MAApril 28, 2014
Gekay sales is an overall good job that pays a little more then minimum wage. I would be on time and ready to work from 7:00 am til 3:30 Mon-Fri. Every employee would get two fifteen minute brakes and one half hour lunch break. The co-workers were nice, respectful and all about staying focused on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was staying busy.
Worked with them on a temporary assignment
CNC Lathe Machinist (Current Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 12, 2014
Position is related to other work I have done. Somewhat of a learning curve involved due to new type of machine.
Great
Sourcer/Recruiter (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Great! great people to work with. I would go back to this company and work for them again.
Fun job with exercise
Mail Pre-Sorter (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day would be you are assigned to a machine to sort mail
Housekeeping Staffing
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2013
Pros: meeting new people from all around the world
Cons: very low pay long hours
This was a nice job to work with. I learned how to properly cleanup a hotel room. I got the chance to meet new wonderful people and special children. But long hours, low pay, and rude management.
no work
Banquet server (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: mostly free meal per shift
Cons: no work
they give you one job a month if your lucky, and when they do they sent you to boca west were they dont even respect their own staff
Productive enviroment
Field Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: the ability to learn multiple positions.
Cons: no healthcare
Typical day at work:
- drive around assisting customers, fixing gates and machines, control and direct traffic.
- fast paced throughout the whole shift.
- job duties vary depending on needs of the customers.
What I learned:
- learned how to deal with various customer emotions in a professional way.
- how to pace myself so that all necessary job duties will be completed in a timely manner.
-Developed a stronger ability to multi-task.
Hardest part of my job:
- Dealing with multiple angry customers at one time and still complete my assignment on time.
Most enjoyable part of the job:
- Meeting different personalities.
- Making an angry customer day a lot better by providing the most helpful service I can.
Great
Temp Agent (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2013
I enjoyed working here. It was a temp agency so i was moved to different jobs and I learned alot.
Little leadership
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Salem, NHMay 8, 2013
However, mentoring is available.
Fielding at home user calls regarding connectivity, viruses, backups, etc.
Up Beat Enviroment
Jr. Recruiter/Payroll Admin (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2013
Pros: fulfilling
Cons: worked long hours
Typically working with people, and always having a proactive time working.