Balboa Capital Corporation Employee Reviews

Different
Funding-Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 2, 2017
Come into work, do your work and keep your head down. Sometimes people are nice if the managers hit numbers. Be careful if you take time off for a doctor or dentist appointment. Be careful calling in sick
Finance Sweat Shop
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Very long hours
Poor Pay
Easily Replaceable
150+ Phone Calls per day (boring)
No room for growth
Immoral Company: You give your clients a "good" rate and are led to believe that you're helping them when in reality you're scamming them. I once offered a company a 5% rate and it turned out to be 10%
Terrible training, I felt like I was flying blind for most of my time there
Pros
Fun Company Outings
Cons
See review
Productive work environment
Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Great support from management in terms of personnel work environment satisfaction as well as compensation and benefits.
Difficult environment, good for an entry level sales rep
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 4, 2016
If you enjoy making phone calls continuously then this is the environment for you.
This is a low hanging fruit sales position, the more calls you make the better you chances.
Communication between departments can be difficult.
You will find yourself lost and feeling unable to support you customers. You are constantly at the mercy of others, for you have to wait for three other people to complete a task before you can do anything.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Difficult business model.
Fast paced environment, good introduction to commercial lending
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 16, 2015
Balboa Capital provided a good environment to learn about the commercial finance industry at an entry level position. I learned how to successfully interact with customers in a sales role and learn basic financial statement analysis to make credit decisions. There is not a lot of flexibility in your day to day tasks, and by nature it was very repetitive.
An 'okay' work environment
CORPORATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2015
It is an okay job to start your career, however not a place where you can grow. The jobs here consist of a lot of emails and phone/cold calling which is something that you don't need to go to college for. The management here is awful, no way of a support system, worse when it comes to training. Everyone working here are mainly to support themselves and their family, yet we don't have an opportunity to succeed. However, the people and co-workers are fun to work with.
Pros
Nearby restaurants, can do online orders
Cons
No 401k available
Exciting and innovative place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, Ca.February 18, 2015
Phenomenal place to come to work every day. Surrounded by strong leadership and a synergy that motivates anyone who walks into the office.
Due to my relocation to Minnesota I had to resign from my position.
productive and fun
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 9, 2015
you'll learn a lot about prospecting, asking the right questions and closing the sale
Pros
great culture at work
Cons
none so far
Hard work is the name of the game
Franchise Finance Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 20, 2014
At balboa you are set on your own to make a career. For some this works and for others they can't manage it. You have the freedom and tools to sell as long as you meet some requirments. This means minimum of 125 calls and putting up numbers. the commission structure is not as good as it could be so at times all the extra hard work in the end doesn't pay off literally. If you stick with it and are in for the long haul this can be a company to make yours and move up in over a long time period.
I love working at Balboa Capital
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2013
The job market isn't looking too good, so I wanted to find a position at a company that has growth goals, and that is living up to those growth goals. That is what I found at Balboa Capital. It's a very forward-thinking organization that has a great company culture and work environment. Lot's of room to grow and the sales commissions are pretty good.

The management teams are seasoned veterans and willing to assist me whenever needed. I work hard and so far it has paid off.

A typical day at the office includes getting coffee, making 200+ phone calls, and creating relationships with potential customers who need equipment financing programs.
Pros
Awesome office, covered parking, flat-screen TV in kitchen, nice people
Cons
Running out of space at our office
Hard work pays off
Account Executive - Vendor Services (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaMay 29, 2013
Like one review mentions, the beginning can be pretty tough, but Balboa Capital has a culture that rewards hard work and those who put in the effort. Work is challenging, but your efforts and accomplishments are definitely acknowledged. My coworkers have become great friends, and I can certainly say that I enjoy working here.
Great place to start your career
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaMay 15, 2013
Balboa Capital is a great place to launch your career in business. You'll learn skills like as finance, negotiating deals, customer service, and competitive teamwork. These kinds of qualities can help anyone advance their career, whether you want to build one here, or elsewhere. My manager has always kept an open mind for questions as well. The tough part of the job, as with any, is starting out, but everything becomes easier once you've become more accustomed to everything.
Looking for a new challenge
Regional Manager Vendor Services (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 27, 2013
Home based office - prospecting, develop new accounts, as well as maintain existing accounts/customers. Set appointments. Go meet or cold call accounts in my territory. I handle 6 states in the Northeast. I also have access to an expense account up to $1000.00 a month.
I've learn how to set appointment, close customers face to face. Ability to get around the "gatekeeper".
No co-workers. I work independently, no access to co-workers or my boss.
The competition and our rates makes my job difficult to compete. And changing programs hurt my relations with existing accounts.
Most enjoyable. My salary, working from home office. Outside sales, being relationships with current customers. And closing new accounts.
Pros
work from home. outside sales, salary.
Cons
no support, change in commission structure, no co-workers interaction.
Organized, detail oriented
Portfolio Management Rep (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 26, 2012
Collections on leases over 30 days delinquent. Prepared accounts for the Legal Dept. Small department, great teamwork! Great job and company!
Pros
teamwork
Cons
healthcare
Was once a positive place to work at...
Account Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2012
When I first started at Balboa, it was a fun and great place to work at. I loved my job and loved the people I worked with and worked for. Once upper management started to change, the whole environment of the company started to change. What was once a great and fun place to work out, now became a drag. Everyone felt that they could have been replaced at any time, there was no more job security.