BALCHEM Employee Reviews

H.E.L.L exist on earth
Operator (Current Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYDecember 7, 2017
Horrible place to work for management is unprofessional hr lady hope is rude and mean they don't want u to have a life with your family or a life for yourself outside the company so no balance in family and work everything is work work work with them the entire facility is a breathing and fall hazard no cleaning efforts r done in the facility constantly change schedules force people into overnight shifts and always advertising how we can work more overtime instead of spending time with family DO NOT WORK HERE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT U OR YOUR HEALTH SAVE YOURSELF AND DO NOT WORK THERE STAY AWAY FROM BALCHEM WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR
Very good place to work
Senior Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  New Hampton, NYMay 10, 2017
Good place to work and learn new things. Like coming to work everyday. Co-workers are very open and work as a team to achieve goals that are set. Great atmosphere to be in.
horrible supervisors
process (Former Employee) –  Covington, VAFebruary 4, 2017
Supervisor's have problems with females and other nationalities. I would stay clear if you want to keep your dignity. Supervisors would be demeaning to women and talk about other races behind theor backs and to co-workers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
supervisors made you feel worthless
Not fun
R&D Technician (Former Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYJanuary 24, 2017
I worked their years ago. I was in the r&d area. I started on the floor on second shift. It was the best part of going to work. Everyone worked together. I became shift leader after 3 yrs. It was stressful at times. But work got done. Then there was an opening in the r&d lab, to me more money. I moved up in 5 yrs. Amazing pay but company wize horrible..your just a number. I worked my tail off. I was their for a total of 8 yrs. Making amazing pay. Almost salary. Then they were cutting people. I was one of them. To me if i didnt get ahead in the company i would still be working their. To me it was worth it on the other hand. See you later. Not worth my time. Its in the past. Just another job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Employees, bosses, managment
Horrible place to work....
Not disclosed (Former Employee) –  St. Gabriel, LAJanuary 16, 2017
Poorly managed You are only a number. Office personnel very hard to work for. VERY moody. You are only there to relieve for others vacation time.
Pros
Insurance benefits good.
Cons
Nothing you do will be appreciated.
Lots of work, but in a fun atmosphere!
Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  New Hampton, NYOctober 18, 2016
Typical day is responding to emails, entering orders, interacting with warehouses, logistics and accounting. Phone calls, on occasion. Laid back atmosphere, everyone is helpful, including management! People have your back here. Days fly by because there is a lot of work to complete, but you are valued as more than just a number, so it's worth it :)
Pros
Management, Co-workers, good benefits, good pay
Cons
There's no formal training, learn as you go, can be frustrating for newbies
Good place for young engineers to learn and advance
Chemical Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Verona, MOOctober 17, 2016
Staff is willing to let young engineers grow and make some mistakes while learning on the job. Very good maintenance and production staff with experience to help offset early bumps in the road.
Small Facility for Large Corporation
Production / Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYAugust 9, 2016
Excellent company to work for however with 16 locations across the US, we tend to run "management-light." There are times when we as Plant Managers and Engineers get pulled away from in-house issues to aid sister facilities.
Work Enviornment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYJune 14, 2016
Great place to work, great people. and overall is a healthy environment. Balchem is a place where they offer many advancement opportunities as well as great benefits.
You are just a number.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAMarch 25, 2016
Management is horrible. There is no progression for anyone going into maintenance. Management refuses to give you any raises no many how times you ask, until you decide to leave. Then they pay you nearly only half of what they pay operations. Different pay scales throughout the plant. Favoritism is definitely showed.
Pros
Health insurance is decent, schedule is good
Cons
Work on everything, even toilets. Pay is terrible. Management sucks. Nothing but a stepping stone
Growing company,and great people
na (Current Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Balchem is a great place to work. Friendly people, and competent leadership. The company is definitely going places. The work is challenging and interesting.
Pros
Environment, Challenging Work, Opportunity for Advancement
Stimulating,exciting, productive workplace.
Senior Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  New Hampton, NYJune 12, 2014
My daily work experience was always very busy and productive. The day always began with a review of the previous shift in QC. This involved a review of the testing of all production of all batches produced and retesting of all out of spec material. This was done internally in my department. This was typically followed by a meeting with production to discuss their production schedule and what will be needed from the qc department. After this meeting, I checked Al of the in use reagents to insure an adequate supply for the up coming production schedule. This was followed by re-calibration of our instruments to insure proper working order. The day began and during the day, I was directly involved with the testing of all incoming raw materials and any optional work that needed to be done for QC management. Management was always very supportive and the individuals I interfaced with from production, other QC technicians and the R &D staff was exceptional, a true team effort. The hardest part of the position was the analysis of out of specification material. You needed to confirm the results and then quarantine the material. The best part of life in our QC department, was the atmosphere, interaction with fellow employees and management.
Pros
The work environment, Company mission and benefits.
Cons
I have no detrimental remaks
food stuff company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Slate Hill, NYJuly 22, 2013
material handler, blender, forklift operator,inventory, shipping and receiving
Pros
overtime, incentive based pay as well
Cons
work environment, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BALCHEM. Our community is ready to answer.