Baldor Electric Company

Baldor Electric Company Employee Reviews

They are a good place to work
A Operator (Former Employee) –  Ozark ArkansasJanuary 9, 2017
I worked at the Baldor Ozark plant for 21 1/2 years . Enjoyed working there and I just got burntout. I like the employees there we all got along great . Management changed all the time . They only seem to like certain people that they clicked with. After eight months of not finding a job I realized it went so bad . I wished I could go back and finish my retirement years . Through my 21 years of being there they have hired several people back more than one time . I asked to be hired back and they said they felt I wasn't happy there , ask anybody in the plant who is happy including management
Pros
Great insurance close to home
Cons
at times the management does not treat everyone equal
Poor place with poor morale to work!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARMarch 20, 2017
This locations upper management along with shift supervisors show favoritism on a daily basis. This location has shift supervisors that are immature and not responsible enough to be supervisor and the only reason they their position was by upper management favoritism instead of who was best qualified for the job. Management always puts down workers for not meeting their quotas which leads to poor morale.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
No breaks during the shift like most companies offer, very hard to get ahold of upper management about important issues.
its a growing company
ABC Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there. It's a good environmental place. Good management. Ive learned and grew in many areas in the plant.
Pros
we would have cookouts to show appeciation
Cons
great benefits
Fun place to work
Navy Nuclear Motor Assembler (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAFebruary 11, 2017
It's a cool.place to work. Management does a job on keeping ppl.trained and in the right position. Really nothing to hard about the job. Enjoy working with the ppl at work. I've learned a lot, how to be hands on, drive a fork lift, read a scale, read all different kinds of mics, and different name n use of tools.
friendly and productive atmosphere
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMarch 6, 2017
The people there were very friendly and always willing to teach you something when asked. I learned a lot while there, i worked with the large DC motors. I myself more of a mechanical guy had a lot to learn about how electricity interfered with the mechanical operation of a motor. Great place to work its a big company with a small company vibe, they actually care about you there versus some of the being companies i've worked at.
Not a bad place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 23, 2016
Baldor was bought out by ABB 3 years ago and is in the process of outsourcing so there is some tension there. The first 20 years of working at Baldor was great. We were pretty much like family. Having worked with mostly the same people. But after the buyout to ABB and the subsequent outsourcing the tension, the uncertainty steadily keeps getting worse. Yet it was still a good place to work.
Pros
Pretty clean environment for a factory
Cons
The uncertainty of how much longer your job will last
Fast paced environment
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 5, 2016
Fun and fast paced. Great management and employees. Would love to work for Baldor again if the chance ever came back up. Management is very understand and very helpful
Love the Job
Tester (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 15, 2017
Decent place to work, plenty of good people there, but also people you would probably want to punch in the face. The supervisors are always willing to help you with any problem you are facing.
Great place to work, if you can live with 60% bootlickers.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 6, 2016
There are alot of folks there that do the bare minimum in order to collect a check, which they do pay well for the area. If you rock the boat by doing more than required then you will be shunned. It is a real shame because the company has a chance to be profitable for years to come. It is being drug down by some that don't care enough to be productive, and discouraging to those that do care.
Pros
Climate controlled
Cons
Micro manageing from Switzerland
Start off as Temporary employee. Once hired on it's good.
CNC Machinist - Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Westville, OKSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at work was based off of an 8 hour shift, but worked 10 hours when needed. I ran a CNC lathe and set it up using proven CNC programs.

Management was okay, and I had no serious complaints. My coworkers were good people and were helpful and polite as a general rule.

The hardest part of the job was coordinating ways to help other machine operators get caught up when they fell behind. The most enjoyable part of the job was a general sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Pros
Good pay and benefits once on full time
Cons
Started off with a temporary service with no benefits of any kind, half the pay of full time employees until full time
Productive work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Westville, OKSeptember 13, 2016
I was hired in as a temp only and after I got them caught up they laid me off, now I have been without a job for awhile now and have a baby that I need to provide for.
Excellent Benefits and Pay
Full Time Drafter/Designer (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 22, 2016
Baldor pays well and has great benefits which include profit sharing, discounted gym memberships, low premiums, and free health check ups on site each year.
Company treats employs like machines.
Hand Welder Baldor Electric Company (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 7, 2016
I learn wire welding. Management seems to be clueless to what is going on with their employs. They think employs can just keep going with out rest. They do not seem to believe in family.
I learned alot
Forklift operator, Electrical motor assembly (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 20, 2015
I've learned a lot about electrical assembly, how to drive a stand up forklift and to weld the people were very friendly the hardest part of the job was getting hired on permanent it takes 2 years to get hired. Management was ok, You got to navigate the politics but that's every job but as much as I learned out weighs the politics by a mile.
Ok place to work except for management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKJanuary 25, 2016
Good pay, terrible management. Machinery is old, and unmaintained. They keep their temps temp far too long. Benefits aren't bad. 401K could be matched a little better.
Great people.
Paint Booth Operator (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJune 29, 2014
Second shift paint booth operator.
I learned how to operate lots of tools and equipment, and it was my first experience reading and applying blueprints.
Management was excellent, however due to both of my parents working there I was laid off by my supervisor the day that they passed new rules about family working together, even though management had exempted me from the rule. Later on he was fired for falsifying time records for the employee that took my place, who was his friend.
My co-workers were extremely helpful and hard working for the most part, and great people.
The hardest part of the job was that I seemed to be allergic to the paint, and would get an itchy rash all over my body every day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being great at it, and all of the compliments I received daily on the quality of my work.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
Paint gave me a rash.
no job security
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJanuary 8, 2016
Good place to work if you don't like job security. Management is lacking other than that its a great place to work. Work for the corporate office if possible.
Not very pleasnt
Production (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 25, 2014
The management was/is slightly incompetent and there existed a culture of nepotism and indifference. My co-workers were continually job scared and feared repercussions if concerns were voiced. Not a pleasant work environment. If your highly skilled avoid this place and hold out for somewhere where your talents are appreciated.
Pros
Decent benefits i/e Profit Sharing
Cons
The people
A bad place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kings MountainJanuary 16, 2013
Low pay, bad benefits. Alway wants long hours even when there was not much work. Management shows favoritism to certain employees over others. They promote people off of the number of years of service not from skill set. Most of management is not fit to wash cars more less run a production manufacturing plant.
Cons
everything about the company
Baldor
Main Pole Mig Welder/CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GASeptember 25, 2012
Baldor was a good company to work for. The pay was not very competitive but I thought the job security was a plus. I am still not very sure after 23 years why I was dismissed. I was told because my cell phone was on the floor. Which I understand is a violation but I was not using the phone. I had just returned from lunch break and left it up on the shelf. I should not have don that and it was a mistake but after 23 years I expected to be spoken to about it not dismissed. Overall, it was a good company and I would have still been working there if they would have alloed me to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baldor Electric Company. Our community is ready to answer.