Baldor Electric Company Employee Reviews

Dime a Dozen
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Belton, SCDecember 5, 2017
I was there almost 12 years. Never written up or late. I was out with a serious illness for about 6 weeks. The day I returned I was terminated. This company considers it's employees a Dime a Dozen their words. Supervisors are afraid to stand up for what is right with their employees.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Very nasty HR management.
Terrible
Special Assembly (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 30, 2017
Poor management, managers and supervisors don't understand you have a life outside of work. They never congratulate you for your hard work, they only down you for a small mistake. This company is ridiculous and are very inconsiderate people. I do not recommend working here unless you REALLY need the money.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, poor management, unfriendly management, unrecognized work.
poor management who make poor decisions.
Assembler/Operator (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GANovember 7, 2017
There was times I would have to do multiple jobs in one day while others would stand around. Management had favorites and it seems almost impossible to move up in the company.
Pros
3 day weekends if were doing good in numbers.
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable and stable workplace
Maintenance / Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Belton, SCOctober 3, 2017
Baldor is a family oriented facility. Employees at the facility are dedicated and work hard to accomplish their tasks. Overall the company has good benefits and the facility is clean well lit and comfortable.
Pros
Stable Hours
Cons
Weekend work
Awesome place to work
ASSISTANT WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 28, 2017
Great people and a laid back atmosphere. great benefits and easy to work with people. Family oriented team. very understanding with personal life issues that may happen.
An okay workplace
2nd Shift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARSeptember 7, 2017
Working at any plant is usually repetitive and boring. This is very much the case here. Thankfully the co-workers are entertaining and enjoyable to work with. Some of the necessary equipment is not functional which makes it very difficult to complete job assignments. The training is sub-par but passable.
Decent company
Electric motor technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 8, 2017
It was good company to work for, but they changed management and everything change for that employees. Pay used to be great but change for new employees, they have to wait way longer to get their raises
Pros
Decent benefits and pay
Cons
Bad management
Experienced and competent work force....incompetent management
Special test technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 31, 2017
Worked there for 30+ yrs...then a supervisor with less than a year on the job thought he knew my job better than I did..the upper management doesn't stand behind its employees..they will throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Incompetance at the management level
Reasdy to work
Cnc Machinise (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2017
I enjoyed working there but things changed through the years. I am ready to go to work tomorrow . Just looking for something better & 4 a long term. I really would like a chance.
Pros
Great company
Cons
New Managment
Not very family oriented
Painter, Machinist, Warehouseman & supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARJuly 24, 2017
They say they're family oriented but they're really not. I was told on a couple of occasions that baldor was my family. They wanted us to work during Christmas shut down and if you couldn't they'd give you a bad review.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
weren't safety conscientious until something happened.
Good company
Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2017
Good place to work, nice work inviromen. It was a nice family company when I worked there. Abb bought out baldor. But I'm positive the same workmanship goes in to every product. Taught me to take pride and ownership in my work . And to stand behind my product
Pros
Lots of hours to work
Cons
Hot
Very Productive and fun place to work
It Assistant / Cycle counter/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clio, SC 29525July 17, 2017
I would like to say that this was a well maintained and organized place to work. I enjoyed the experience and the knowledge that I gained and would love to do it all over if i could.
Very good company to work for!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 15, 2017
I enjoyed my work at Baldor very much! The hours, the money and the benefits were good. I learned a lot over the 14+ years I was employed there. If my position had not been eliminated when Baldor sold out to ABB group, I would still be with this company.
Pros
Good Benefits and good work schedule
Drama
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJuly 2, 2017
A lot of people from the same town, which the same knowledge of each other. If you like drama and gossip, this is the perfect place for you. However, if you're looking to make your money and go home...I would avoid this place.
good environment to work in
Engineering intern (Current Employee) –  Weaverville, NCJune 25, 2017
Small factory with a very close knit group of people that enjoy working together and do so well. There aren't many opportunities for advancement is about the only problem
Nice Job People very friendly
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKJune 18, 2017
I really liked this company step raises came very quickly and all
The Managers and supervisors were great.
The work was assigned to you by the Maintenance Manager with the utmost confidence.
The work varied from Highly automated to simple things like monthly safety checks.
I had plenty of satisfying experiences was able to show my skills and
Work on my weaknesses.
The Company benefits were also good.
Pros
Worked alone on nights
Cons
Sometimes really hot
Team Lead and Sr. Programmer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work means working with the business in order to identify key areas where we can help improve customer satisfaction. Help mentor and assist team members with there tasks/objectives. Assist manager with daily reporting.
Good atmosphere
Parts Packaging/Receiving Whse. Office Asst. (Current Employee) –  Ft. Smith,ArJune 16, 2017
Good people to work with. Vacation and holiday Benifit's. The best manufacturing facility in the River Valley and surrounding area. Insurance provided.
fast paste
PM Technician (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCJune 12, 2017
Office people will not talk to you like you are on their level of skill. We had a meeting and the plant manager said to us we all could be replaced because the production numbers were down. The CEO. John M. step down because he was getting investigating for buying up a lot of stock knowing the company was going to sale to ABB. He made millions off of it.
Easy work
Assembler painter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 1, 2017
micro managed very biased the culture is not what it used to be quality used to be what they thrive on now it's all about numbers and quality has went down hill
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management poorly ran

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baldor Electric Company. Our community is ready to answer.