Baldor Electric Company

Baldor Electric Company Employee Reviews

Unhappy
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCJanuary 18, 2013
Since purchasing Dodge Bearings from Rockwell, Baldor has slowly taken every extra benefit that made you want to get up and go to work there. They've even take break time away. At the location I worked at(Marion, NC), pay is extremely low for the type of work being done. They had a hard time hiring machinists with technical degrees because they would not work for the wages Baldor paid. Despite setting record profits the last two years, Baldor refuses to give a raise that keeps up with the cost of living. Morale was low among the senior hourly employees. This is due to the fact that they are passed up for promotions that they were easily qualified for. Most all of the jobs posted have inflated prerequisites. To the employees I worked with, it seems this practice was adopted to shut them out of a promotion. In most cases, the people given promotions had not worked there long enough to reach top pay on the entry level job they were hired for. An example of this is a temp that was hired full time and promoted a week later over people with years of seniority that were just as qualified. Another example is someone not being able to move up a pay grade level because of poor job performance, who was then promoted to management two weeks after his review. Favoritism is also a concern. An example of this is a friend of a member of management that was hired in full time over temps that have been there a number of months, some over a year. After 11 years and multiple lost promotions, even though I was more qualified for some, I decided to end my employment with Baldor Electric. They care  more... more about workers that have been working there 6 months that have a totally unrelated college degree than they do workers who have stood by them and helped them to grow, and it shows. It's obvious this is management's feelings. There's nothing that they can say or do now to convince anyone otherwise.  less
Pros
paycheck(even though it's well below what it should be for the type of work)
Cons
1 break a day, favoritism, insurance is terrible, seniority is worthless, promotions are a pipe dream
 Over 9 years of experience in SAP technologies with specialities in SAP SCM APO (Demand Planning (DP), Supply Network Planning (SNP), Production Pla
SAP SCM APO DP, SNP & PP/DS Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 5, 2012
 Studied client’s business process AS-IS and proposed a solution in consensus with the core business team to implement the TO-BE business processes for DP, SNP and PP/DS.
 Conducted interviews with focus group to gather requirements and conveyed the same to technical team.
 Created planning books and Macros for interactive planning and Defined Macros to perform calculations to carry out tests, and created Alerts.
 Studied forecasting process by carrying out forecast at different aggregation levels using different forecast models, and arrived at optimum solution by comparing the forecast.
 Performed releasing the consensus forecast from DP to SNP.
 Ensuring Data continuity and quality between APO and R/3 using the CIF functionality
 Set-up of Master Data for SNP and PP/DS planning. Created SNP Planning books.
 Configured SNP planning runs (Heuristics and Optimizer), Capable to Match (CTM), Core Interface (CIF), Safety Stock Planning, Subcontracting and Deployment.
 Executed SNP runs with SNP Heuristics, created cost optimization profile for SNP optimizer, Deployment and TLB. Assigned TLB profile to the Transportation Lane.
 Worked on interactive and Background PP/DS planning runs with PP Heuristics, Detailed Scheduling Heuristics and customization settings for PP/DS Optimizer.
 Defined DS Planning Board Profile and created overall profile, strategy profile, work areas, time profile, optimization profile, alert profile, heuristic profile and propagation range.
 Developed end user training documents, knowledge transfer and resolved user issues.
Not a step above the rest
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 25, 2015
Just another factory, day starts out with stretching, everybody is required to do this. but some get away with out. A reading of what we produced the previous day is read to everyone. They get onto everyone if the count is low. even if its just one work area. Rules change daily, or what ever 1rst shift wants. Most everyone that works together, get along together. there are a few that don't that make it hard on everyone else. You must watch what you say or you will be in the office. They always want to put the blame on someone, weather they did it or not. Its all about the number here, very stressful place to work. the Management are all brown nosers.
I don't recomend working here.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Dinners
Cons
lunch only break
Great people.
Paint Booth Operator (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJune 29, 2014
Second shift paint booth operator.
I learned how to operate lots of tools and equipment, and it was my first experience reading and applying blueprints.
Management was excellent, however due to both of my parents working there I was laid off by my supervisor the day that they passed new rules about family working together, even though management had exempted me from the rule. Later on he was fired for falsifying time records for the employee that took my place, who was his friend.
My co-workers were extremely helpful and hard working for the most part, and great people.
The hardest part of the job was that I seemed to be allergic to the paint, and would get an itchy rash all over my body every day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being great at it, and all of the compliments I received daily on the quality of my work.
Pros
great job.
Cons
paint gave me a rash.
Great atmosphere and good people to work with.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Westville, OKSeptember 23, 2013
My typical day at Baldor would be training on different types of CNC machines, drafted (designed) a lot of parts and fixtures using SolidWorks and AutoCAD. I learned a lot about lathes with live tooling and vertical lathes (Okuma). My manager was probably the coolest boss that I have ever had. He allowed me to experience almost every aspect of the company. Most of my co-workers were very supportive and I enjoyed being around them. The hardest part of the job was being away from my family. Learning was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
sometimes there weren't any specific jobs for me to do and it made me feel a little out of place.
Start off as Temporary employee. Once hired on it's good.
CNC Machinist - Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Westville, OKSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at work was based off of an 8 hour shift, but worked 10 hours when needed. I ran a CNC lathe and set it up using proven CNC programs.

Management was okay, and I had no serious complaints. My coworkers were good people and were helpful and polite as a general rule.

The hardest part of the job was coordinating ways to help other machine operators get caught up when they fell behind. The most enjoyable part of the job was a general sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Pros
Good pay and benefits once on full time
Cons
Started off with a temporary service with no benefits of any kind, half the pay of full time employees until full time
Baldor
Main Pole Mig Welder/CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GASeptember 25, 2012
Baldor was a good company to work for. The pay was not very competitive but I thought the job security was a plus. I am still not very sure after 23 years why I was dismissed. I was told because my cell phone was on the floor. Which I understand is a violation but I was not using the phone. I had just returned from lunch break and left it up on the shelf. I should not have don that and it was a mistake but after 23 years I expected to be spoken to about it not dismissed. Overall, it was a good company and I would have still been working there if they would have alloed me to.
Termination rules not applied
Assembler of motors (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GASeptember 24, 2012
I was terminated for saying Thank You over the intercom. I was asked by supervisor not to, in 3 weeks it slipped out. Because I was raised to say Thank you. I recieved my 1st write up in 6 years, was in shock that this was such an issue. I tried to state my point,but was told I was being insubordinate, and fired over the phone. Total surprise to me and everyone that has heard of this. Find a better reason for termination like not doing my job or being late, or anything but saying thank you. Handbook not followed for termination.
Very fun and valuable experience working at Baldor Electric
AC Winding Department (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCApril 27, 2012
Worked in a fun and productive environment. Learned to hot drop, prep, prime, and assembly electric motors. The management was fair and were willing to assist you with any problems or concerns. The co-workers were enjoyable and assisted you with any help or concerns that you had with any motor. The hardest part of the job was at times getting certain motors done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you completed the process and knew that the motor was done correctly.
Cons
free lunches and vacation days
I love working for Baldor Electric the people were wonderful my salesman were great. I loved helping them on any thing they needed.
Regional Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 14, 2012
The company was great to work with all of the people that I was involved in. I enjoyed assisting my 10 salesman on what they needed to make their sales for the company to ensure that they get that sale and make money for the company, My days were answering phones, pulling orders for the salesman. Entering in vacation time for the salesman. Making reservations for meeting rooms, lunches, Airline reservations, Hotel rooms.
The best work place in these area.
Continuous Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith,ARApril 5, 2013
Limited opportunity. Old production philosophy. However, with ABB coming was changed a lot .People has engineering positions without engineering education, stay on the same positions very long time. Some times 30-40 years. They do not understand why we shall to change something. Empirical stile. "Life is so pleasant last 30 years".
amazing Job security
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 27, 2015
my time with Baldor has been valued and greatly appreiacted. this is a great company to work for and one that any person is proud to say they are apart of. With all the overtime you can want you are able to make as much money as you want just have to wokr safe and give grat quality to your work.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
lot of saturdays
Productive and rewarding position
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2015
Excellent staff, opportunity to work on cutting edge development with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Involved in all aspects of research from concept work and patent application to assembly and test of hardware.

Every project was a new adventure.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, stimulating discussion
Cons
Development team was let go enmass to help the bottom line. In my opinion this was short sighted.
Not very pleasnt
Production (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 25, 2014
The management was/is slightly incompetent and there existed a culture of nepotism and indifference. My co-workers were continually job scared and feared repercussions if concerns were voiced. Not a pleasant work environment. If your highly skilled avoid this place and hold out for somewhere where your talents are appreciated.
Pros
decent benefits i/e profit sharing
Cons
the people
I learned alot
Forklift operator, Electrical motor assembly (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 20, 2015
I've learned a lot about electrical assembly, how to drive a stand up forklift and to weld the people were very friendly the hardest part of the job was getting hired on permanent it takes 2 years to get hired. Management was ok, You got to navigate the politics but that's every job but as much as I learned out weighs the politics by a mile.
Not For everyone
Line Person (Former Employee) –  Westville, OKDecember 4, 2015
I Really didn't like working there. It did have good benefits if you were fulltime and got in good with the bosses. Not that I couldn't I just didn't chose to put myself in that position. I was there to work and go home, not make nice with my boss.
Pros
Greats Benifits for fulltime
Cons
Way to much drama. Definatly an aim to please job
This company was a good place to work but things tend to change without informing the empoyees.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSNovember 13, 2013
I would go to work each day. I would be asked to work over with notice. I had to do work left by other people. I had to do different thing in order to make thing s work on the job. I tended to get alone with other. I am a strong motivator in the work place.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
management
A bad place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kings MountainJanuary 16, 2013
Low pay, bad benefits. Alway wants long hours even when there was not much work. Management shows favoritism to certain employees over others. They promote people off of the number of years of service not from skill set. Most of management is not fit to wash cars more less run a production manufacturing plant.
Cons
everything about the company
prduction
Prodution worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 8, 2015
was a good place to work. many language barriers. to many long hours and not enough time at home with family. treated everyone different made rules for some and not for others. I was so happy in order to quit and stay home to finish college and start a career that I can be proud of.
Pros
good pay
Cons
to many hours
Great work environment and co-workers were a plus.
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 15, 2016
Enjoyed every year I had with this company! Having good supervisors made going to work easy. Environment was good and had co-workers that were always there to lend a hand.
Pros
Free T-shirts and lots of free meals.
Cons
When we changed plant managers.