BALDWIN WALLACE UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Ehh not to bad
Student Assistant, Finance, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJuly 19, 2017
Not bad to work here. People are nice, culture is great. A lot of work study opportunities, manager is very nice and caring. Good place to start growing your career.
Productive and open minded workplace
Athletic Communications Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJune 28, 2017
This occupation provided an open minded space that I could work and think while watching and calling sports games. Each person working was happy and making jokes while we worked.
Structured environment, continuous learning experience
Equipment Intern (Sports Management Internship) (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHApril 19, 2017
Working at Baldwin Wallace while juggling the daily tasks of being a student taught me how to rigidly format my day to day operations that were required of me. The work was not to strenuous, but the workload was non stop. It taught me how important it is to love what you do no matter what the title is and how your attitude effects your overall performance.
Pros
experience, flexible hours, networking
Cons
turnover, chaotic work spaces
Excellent
Reception/Weight Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHApril 14, 2017
My time at Baldwin Wallace University was incredible. I do not believe that there are many places that will give you the experience BW does. World Class,
Good
Student Recruiting assistant (Former Employee) –  Packard Athletic CetnerMarch 13, 2017
I was a student there for four years! It is a great school with great people and fun atmosphere! I recommend this school! Teachers are great and the school is beautiful!
Understanding and educational
Head Zoology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHDecember 31, 2016
Allowed to work around class schedule for several years. I was able to work in a lab that fostered my career aspirations. My supervisor is very flexible and I was able to work independently.
Maintenance Technician work study
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHDecember 29, 2016
• Planned, operated and maintained all campus buildings indoor and outdoor.
• Responsible for building services and ground maintenance.
• Assisted with setup for special events and summer conferences.
DIII Athletic Training Department
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHDecember 21, 2016
It is a very good learning environment for both student athletic trainers and certified's. Typical duties required of athletic trainers to their assigned sports as well as teaching/supervising student athletic trainers within the athletic training education program.
Great work environment
Student Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHAugust 2, 2016
Great university to work for and with. Had a great time there as a student and admission worker for the staff. The Admission Office has some of the best people in the world working for the University. They were so helpful in my growth as a student.
Great School for Gaining Experience
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 12, 2016
I was a student ambassador for the Baldwin Wallace Health and Physical Education and Sport Sciences majors. I helped students organize their future plans and courses. I organized their grad plan, and their semester schedules based on times and prerequisites.
Enjoyable Atmpsphere
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work starts off with checking the pool chemicals and then guarding the classes that show up to use the pool till our shift is done.
The management is good and at times strict, to insure that the employees are following the rules. The manager even works as the head instructor for many of the classes that are at the pool.

My co-workers are friendly and personable and dependable. They are trust worthy and can work well with others.

The hardest part of my day is only when I have to enforce the rules to the people at the pool.

Lastly and most importantly the most important part of my day is when people come to the pool, and follow all the rules. The reason is because it makes me feel at easy and I don't feel like I have to enforce the rules to anyone.
Need opportunity for growth
Oficer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2015
Walk the Talk; Officers and Board Talk the Talk. Need to show more goal attainment, and meeting their objectives. Therefore they need to walk the talk, and show incremental improvements in efficiencies.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Strategy Focus and Delivery
Phenomenal place to work
Account Rep Intern (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 7, 2015
Infocision is one of the best local companies around. They treat you with the utmost respect and allow you to grow and move up in the company. Being an intern at Infocision, it was one of my first jobs which in itself was somewhat overwhelming but I never once felt that. They embrace everything you have to say and give you many levels of experience.
productive and fun to be around the ball players
Jackets Baseball Team Manager/Video Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 14, 2015
very fun workplace due to the interactions i had with the baseball players and the friends i acquired from the job. somewhat unorganized, but very fun and learned to be proficient with Word, Excel, and video camera aspects.
Pros
friendly.
Cons
no set schedule
Great University
SECURITY DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  BereaSeptember 28, 2015
It is a great place to go to school. They offer a lot of assistance and classes. The scheduling process is easy. The work environment in the security department is great. They do a great job in training all employees and I have moved up to be looked upon as one of the better employees.
Entertaining job that promotes success
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea,OHAugust 22, 2015
The job detail that was perform gave vital experience for a future in physics by providing a basic understanding of how conduct is performed in a practical work environment.
Exciting and Upbeat Work Environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJuly 7, 2015
Teaching assistant for Baldwin Wallace was an amazing life experience with left me feeling accomplished and able to help others in my future endeavors.
Pros
Tuition Discount
Cons
Hectic Hours for Grading
Productive Workplace, Dedicated Workforce
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 21, 2015
Everyone in the office is very dedicated to their departments and specialties. The different departments collaborate well together and support each other.
Enjoyable working with other students
TeleJacket (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHApril 28, 2015
It is a positive to work with other students like myself. It is also great speaking to alumni who have a great deal to talk about this great university.
Union Hall
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHApril 16, 2015
Usually i would come in after my summer class, and wash dishes using a machine rack them till before lunch. Before lunch i would help prep the tables and chairs in the dining room of the hall for the college students and other programs attending . Once lunch started i would be in the making more food for those who come in after or just for extra. Then once the lunch period was over my job would be done. Sometimes it required me to mop , sweep , and take out trash but rarely.