BALDWIN WALLACE UNIVERSITY

BALDWIN WALLACE UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

Incredible Facilities & Friendly Co-Workers
Assistant Coach - Varsity Lacrosse (Current Employee), Berea, OHMay 15, 2014
Pros: parking, facilities, personal locker rooms
Cons: only one athletic facility that all teams must share
When arriving on campus I am often greeted by smiles or hello's by passing students or faculty. It is truly an incredible place to work or attend school as it would appear that it is a very tight knit group of people.

The facilities are great although the option for an indoor turf section would greatly set this University apart from the competition.

I've – more... learned an incredible amount of information and life lessons since joining BW as part of their staff. I couldn't see myself happier anywhere else. – less
BW
Assist and deliver (Former Employee), Berea, OHApril 28, 2014
Just writing up packages in the mail room, it was a very friendly environment. My co-workers were very nice and I liked working with them. My job was easy, the hard part would be getting all the packages wrote up. It would be days when I had to write up over fifty packages in the log. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with people that I had.
A happy place to be
Technical Writer (Current Employee), Berea, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: friendly, positive environment; rec center, cultural & sporting events, student contact
Cons: salaries are not very competitive and we lose talented folks because of it.
Being a part of BW has changed my life in so many ways and it's provides a rewarding work experience.
organized caos
Display Cook (Former Employee), Dining hall, Berea, OHNovember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches, coworkers
Cons: short breaks, high pressure, low pay
As anyone in the food service business would know, this is a very fast paced demanding occupation. You will work your behind off, litterally. It's a good work out if you can keep up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students and the coworkers.
REasy job, but to short.
Head Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Berea, OHSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great employees, and management.
Cons: lazy student and uneven job placement.
Come in and assign tutors to students, help with payroll and other assignments, Job was great except it was not a full time regular job, only during open semesters.
An accompished teacher education program
edTPA internship: educational technology leader (Former Employee), Berea, OHJuly 26, 2013
Effectively prepares new teachers entering the workforce with an array of essential skills and strategies for classroom teaching
Self motivated workplace and great co-workers
Student Manager, Student Activity Center (Current Employee), Berea, OHApril 8, 2013
Pros: technical knowledge, free food sometimes, free passes into big events, great coworkers
Cons: can be demeaning, building is old so many technical problems
Baldwin Wallace University's Event Services division has been nothing but wonderful since day one two years ago. Though the job requires both intense manual labor, thorough knowledge of the Student Activity Center's technology, and excellent customer service at all time I enjoy it thoroughly.
Employees most work alone cleaning and running large events – more... so all the pressure to make sure the event goes well is on your shoulders and sometimes that can be incredibly difficult. The worst part, besides taking out leaking garbage and broken technology would be the disrespect my employees and myself receive by numerous outside groups. A number of group leaders have completely ignored our typically procedures because they refused to speak with a janitor. Now I have implemented to plan of casually dropping that you are a student as to break the hostility.
the most enjoyable part is seeing an event go spectacularly and knowing my employees are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. – less
Fun and friendly work environment.
Concessions Worker (Former Employee), Berea, OHMarch 15, 2013
Pros: fun environment.
Cons: not always the most prepared for crowds.
Most days were good and some were stressful due to lack of staff or preparation by management, but everyone worked well as a team and we had fun every time we worked. Tips for student workers every game were nice as well.