BALDWIN WALLACE UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Great School for Gaining Experience
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 12, 2016
I was a student ambassador for the Baldwin Wallace Health and Physical Education and Sport Sciences majors. I helped students organize their future plans and courses. I organized their grad plan, and their semester schedules based on times and prerequisites.
Enjoyable Atmpsphere
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work starts off with checking the pool chemicals and then guarding the classes that show up to use the pool till our shift is done.
The management is good and at times strict, to insure that the employees are following the rules. The manager even works as the head instructor for many of the classes that are at the pool.

My co-workers are friendly and personable and dependable. They are trust worthy and can work well with others.

The hardest part of my day is only when I have to enforce the rules to the people at the pool.

Lastly and most importantly the most important part of my day is when people come to the pool, and follow all the rules. The reason is because it makes me feel at easy and I don't feel like I have to enforce the rules to anyone.
Need opportunity for growth
Oficer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2015
Walk the Talk; Officers and Board Talk the Talk. Need to show more goal attainment, and meeting their objectives. Therefore they need to walk the talk, and show incremental improvements in efficiencies.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Strategy Focus and Delivery
Phenomenal place to work
Account Rep Intern (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 7, 2015
Infocision is one of the best local companies around. They treat you with the utmost respect and allow you to grow and move up in the company. Being an intern at Infocision, it was one of my first jobs which in itself was somewhat overwhelming but I never once felt that. They embrace everything you have to say and give you many levels of experience.
productive and fun to be around the ball players
Jackets Baseball Team Manager/Video Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 14, 2015
very fun workplace due to the interactions i had with the baseball players and the friends i acquired from the job. somewhat unorganized, but very fun and learned to be proficient with Word, Excel, and video camera aspects.
Pros
friendly.
Cons
no set schedule
Great University
SECURITY DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  BereaSeptember 28, 2015
It is a great place to go to school. They offer a lot of assistance and classes. The scheduling process is easy. The work environment in the security department is great. They do a great job in training all employees and I have moved up to be looked upon as one of the better employees.
Entertaining job that promotes success
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea,OHAugust 22, 2015
The job detail that was perform gave vital experience for a future in physics by providing a basic understanding of how conduct is performed in a practical work environment.
Exciting and Upbeat Work Environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJuly 7, 2015
Teaching assistant for Baldwin Wallace was an amazing life experience with left me feeling accomplished and able to help others in my future endeavors.
Pros
Tuition Discount
Cons
Hectic Hours for Grading
Productive Workplace, Dedicated Workforce
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 21, 2015
Everyone in the office is very dedicated to their departments and specialties. The different departments collaborate well together and support each other.
Enjoyable working with other students
TeleJacket (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHApril 28, 2015
It is a positive to work with other students like myself. It is also great speaking to alumni who have a great deal to talk about this great university.
Union Hall
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHApril 16, 2015
Usually i would come in after my summer class, and wash dishes using a machine rack them till before lunch. Before lunch i would help prep the tables and chairs in the dining room of the hall for the college students and other programs attending . Once lunch started i would be in the making more food for those who come in after or just for extra. Then once the lunch period was over my job would be done. Sometimes it required me to mop , sweep , and take out trash but rarely.
Productive and great workplace
Baldwin Wallace Bookstore Employee (Current Employee) –  Alumni HouseMarch 9, 2015
I love the environment of the staff at Baldwin Wallace University. The management is great, and I really learn a lot. My co-workers are all very great and upbeat people. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be in such a great environment.
good comnay and good people to work for
Baseball Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHMarch 9, 2015
I take video of the pitchers and hitters for future review. I have learned how to use various software programs to put the video on the internet.
An okay experience
National Senior Olympics (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 26, 2015
My experience at Baldwin Wallace was an okay experience because I learned some stuff but not a lot. We helped and sat until it was time for us to go. I did learn how to be more social because there where people there from all around the world.
Very good
National Senior Olympics (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 23, 2015
My work experience here was really diverse because I met alot of people that really didnt look like me and we got along so well.
Productive workpalce
Student Assistant, Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHJuly 28, 2014
It is always fun working at Baldwin Wallace University and being a student at the same time. A typical day of work would be getting the mail while having a small talk with everyone I pass by their office. Then, I would process, fax and copy paper works so it can be ready to pay. It is a simple but good ob.
Cons
short breaks
Incredible Facilities & Friendly Co-Workers
Assistant Coach - Varsity Lacrosse (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 15, 2014
When arriving on campus I am often greeted by smiles or hello's by passing students or faculty. It is truly an incredible place to work or attend school as it would appear that it is a very tight knit group of people.

The facilities are great although the option for an indoor turf section would greatly set this University apart from the competition.

I've learned an incredible amount of information and life lessons since joining BW as part of their staff. I couldn't see myself happier anywhere else.
Pros
parking, facilities, personal locker rooms
Cons
only one athletic facility that all teams must share
Bw
Assist and deliver (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHApril 28, 2014
Just writing up packages in the mail room, it was a very friendly environment. My co-workers were very nice and I liked working with them. My job was easy, the hard part would be getting all the packages wrote up. It would be days when I had to write up over fifty packages in the log. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with people that I had.
A happy place to be
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Being a part of BW has changed my life in so many ways and it's provides a rewarding work experience.
Pros
friendly, positive environment; rec center, cultural & sporting events, student contact
Cons
salaries are not very competitive and we lose talented folks because of it.
organized caos
Display Cook (Former Employee) –  Dining hall, Berea, OHNovember 21, 2013
As anyone in the food service business would know, this is a very fast paced demanding occupation. You will work your behind off, litterally. It's a good work out if you can keep up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students and the coworkers.
Pros
free lunches, coworkers
Cons
short breaks, high pressure, low pay

4.4