BALFOUR BEATTY CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXMarch 12, 2017
Balfour Betty Construction is a great company to work for. I am a PA on two (2) projects. My work day starts at 6;30am and ends at 4;00PM. A typical work day consist of checking emails and addressing any issues they may have. Checking voicemails, coding invoices and entering them for payment. Collecting unconditional waivers from previous Owners billing. Collecting Sub draws, check insurance to make sure it I current and code for PM approval. Once PM approves enter them into JDE. The hardest part of my is job is getting the upper management to communicate with PM.,PA., on questions we made may have. The most enjoyable part of my is talking with PA's from other departments.
Pros
prossibly can be moved to another department
Cons
no commuication
It's a family oriented environment
Facility Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2017
I do enjoy my job. My job is challenging day to day. I have to rely on my time management skills to get things done. It's not a hard job, but it is a busy minute to minute flow.
Pros
Teambuilding, Work Life Balance, Training
Cons
My manager micro manages, unlike the others managers. Not sure if that is the culture. Just seems unfair in many ways, in my opinion.
construction
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2016
Severed as the coordination manager for a new construction project of 379 upscale apartments and town homes in downtown Buckhead Georgia. Project consisted of 20 town homes, 167 unit four five split level stick framed wrap surrounding a new 4 story pre-cast parking deck, and a 192 unit 9 story post tension structure with 7 stores of living space and 2 stores of parking. Full masonry exterior with cast stone trim and finishes. Two pools, 7 elevators and high-end amenity areas with units ranging between 2 to 3 thousand SQFT. .
Good place to work.
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
Did all the Certified Payroll, Payment Applications, Daily reports, and other duties for the jobsite. This was a 300 million dollar job with a lot. Learned a lot on this jobsite.
Leadership challenges
VP (Current Employee) –  TXAugust 25, 2016
BBC is a company in a constant state of flux. In my time here, we have had four international CEO's, three national CEO's, six division presidents and several executive restructurings.
productive, fun and very informative
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLMarch 8, 2016
As a project accountant I was very busy and always received training if needed. Best experience of my life. Accounts for subcontractors, contracts, owner billing, ect...
Great work enviroment Encouraging work place
Intern/ Organizing and setting up Meetings (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77073February 23, 2016
Though my project was delayed during my stay. I learned a lot from my project manager and being in the field. I loved how I was not treated like an intern but more like an official employee.
Pros
Great learning enviroment very knowledgable co-workers
Cons
My project moved real slow
Great company for advancement
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
This company has great benefits and has potential employee advancement. It is a family based environment that makes you feel very welcome.
Very large company that employees a lot of people
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCJanuary 20, 2016
BB bypass around Southport will help ease the traffic congestion caused by the rapid growth in the area. They will also be building a new bridge over an area that floods easily.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Working nights
Very Good Job
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 10, 2015
Was a great place to work. Left cause I wanted to move closer to my family in a different state. Was a very fair company to work for.
totally mismanaged by the corporate office
Empolyee (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTDecember 8, 2015
I was one of two employees that lived in the state the project was in. I was also one of the only two employees that showed up to work every day. Construction started with no PM and there wasn't one for months. If it snowed, no one showed up. Meanwhile the clock is ticking on the days left in the contract. The field had no oversight to speak of and several major mistakes were made.
Pros
I met a great boss and learned a lot
Cons
mismanaged by the corporate office
Nice professional to work with and make each day enjoyable
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2015
Typical day is a proactive work experience. All employees working together to make each day effective toward a goal of accomplishment.
Pros
Free training with lunch
Cons
travel in traffic to jobsites
Work hard and play hard
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2015
A typical day you go and get your coffee that's if you drink coffee if not they had coco or tea for non coffee drinkers also a variety of sodas and juice. You knew what your job description was so you did what was required of you. I love the management team always pushing you forward to new horizon. Co-works was more like family we all worked together and always willing to help when help was needed. The bottom line was no one was a failure we all succeeded. One of the best company I worked with.
Pros
Lunches Breakfast or just snacks
The people are awesome!
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2015
All the project teams I worked with were awesome people. Many of them are friends, outside of work.

An important skill I learned while working at Balfour Beatty was how to communicate with all types of personalities.
Benefits
Cons
Communication between Executives and site mangers.
Helpdesk Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2015
very fast paced busy high demand. Working with people in the field is always fun. The hardest part is not having the tools to do your job effectively.
Frustrated...
Construction Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2015
Structure is lacking. Too many young inexperienced employees. Upper management is lacking integrity and are withdrawn from field operations.
Cons
Hard working company that knows how to value employees.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2015
As a receptionist work flow varied, but overall it was satisfying to know you are a part of an internationally known company responsible for creating a majority of the buildings in your area, and beyond. I learned valuable skills such as how to communicate with interoffice relationships throughout a large corporation, and how to maintain good relationships with clients and subcontractors outside of the company. The co-workers are outstanding, encouraging people. They are extremely hard working, but also laid back in personality which makes for an incredible work environment. I highly recommend seeking employment with this company.
Pros
Great company events, charitable corporation, eco-friendly company
Good people and great work environment
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAOctober 17, 2014
My day starts with working through anything that has been left in my in-box. Most urgent matters are handled then on to my daily processing of A/P invoices, subcontractor billings, review/maintain/update subcontractor certificates of insurance that have been received.
Review/maintain/update lien releases received before sub payments can be released.
Make sure all office supplies and/or equipment are in order and stocked. This helps in keeping the office moving along without any glitches.
The project team is the best part about the job. A team that knows how to balance their work with their home life keeps everyone working comfortably and efficient. Great relationships are built within a great team.
Pros
Smart, sharp project team
Cons
n/a
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 11, 2014
Great place to work, awesome, friendly co-workers.The most enjoyable part of BBC is the family-oriented environment, where no one is a stranger. Management needs work, especially with simple things like basic orientation or training prior to starting and during changing roles. Communication could use work as well. Overall, I would recommend this company to any young or aspiring professional in the construction industry.
Pros
friendly environment, social events, work-life balance
Cons
management needs work, role division, lack of communication
Awesome discipline and work
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJuly 31, 2014
I learn to audit personnel and skills so we can send the best to do certain trades, witch gives you a lot of permanent control on the personnel duties
Pros
Really detail oriented on every aspect of controling the job
Cons
no time for breading

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BALFOUR BEATTY CONSTRUCTION. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8