Balfour Beatty US Employee Reviews

Fellow workers
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 12, 2017
Fellow Workers at Balfour Beatty were instrumental in tasks performed on a daily basis and decision making. Working conditions were as I expected them to be.
productive day at the of
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2017
A typical day at the work place. Answer, screen and forward phone calls. Greet walk-in customers. Monitors visitors access, Keeping appointments. Copy, file, and maintain documents. Made sure all customers accounts was updated. Call all customers (4,000) to verify that they were sending all missing or up to date documents Collect sort and distribute mail
Great company and great people
Journeyman Heavy Duty Repairman (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 16, 2017
Fantastic company. I was sent there by the Union of Operating Engineers as a journeyman heavy duty repairman. I learned a lot from my supervisor. I only left when the job was over, the recession hit, and we were all sent to the out of work list
Pros
pay, learning new things, the people
Cons
long drive
hard work good pay
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2017
great company to work for open door policy and they are family orientated , very safe company always looking out for your saftey as an emplyoee and resquest time off is usually never declined
Great place to start
assistant Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CANovember 7, 2017
Duties included being a team member of the signal crew and track crew responsible of track maintainence and signal maintenance. Installing emergency as well
Excellent place to work
Heavy Diesel Mechanic Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77092November 2, 2017
Would go back to work for them at any point in time if they had work in my area love working for them had an excellent management and the people are fun to work with
Excellent place to eork
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fountain, COOctober 15, 2017
Great job,great work environment,give you everything you need to succeed.Great benefits,company truck,very caring management team.I enjoyed my time at Balfour.
Pros
Great work environment
POOR Management
Grade Foreman (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 10, 2017
Southeast division was poorly ran and overseen. Upper management started hiring Family and pushing out Super and Asst. Super. Then eventually brought in more family member and pushed out foreman's and employees. All the while Atlanta Office sat back and let it happen.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
if not in the clique then you are treated terrible
Positions all very insecure
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2017
Employees always,on edge about being let go at the drop of a hat. Stressed out to the max with overloaded workload. Company is owned by mother company in London. What they say goes. US can be doing great but if they come to town and say chop heads. Then necessary heads go out the door. They lose great people that way. Atmosphere is hostile
Pros
Upper management "seem" friendly
Cons
Very tense atmosphere to work in.
Enormous project!
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2017
My first heavy civil job, and I learned a great deal.
It was hot, and safety was lacking, but then those were the old days.
I have since learned that they have branched out, and I would be interested in their rail division.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
Safety was weak.

Want to know more about Balfour Beatty US?

Ask a question
Great culture
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
The teams like most are a work in progress. The goals are towards bigger and better things which is great to see. The economy drives the industry so available resources and waiting out the low periods can be tough. Mostly enjoyed the people and team.
Pros
Paid volunteer day
Cons
Economy drives resources save for rainy days
Slow paced
Project Engineer/Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2017
This is a very large company with way too many layers of titles. It takes a significant amount of time to advance. Like most large companies, some of the managers were excellent, and other treated you like dirt under their shoe. Depending on which of those you get and how ambitious you are, this may or may not be the place for you.
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2017
This was a good place to work. I recommend them to others. I wish them well with their future endeavors and for future prosperity. Thank you for the opportunity.
Productive work life balance
Facility Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2017
Overall I was pleased with my experience. I was laid off due to organizational changes. They have a great work life balance, but poor mgmt. in certain departments..
Pros
We often do events that focus on the employees and there is a lot of free food.
Cons
Certain people are held t certain standard and given allowances, While others will require punishment or termination. for the exact same actions
A Great Experience
Assistant Survey Technician/Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2017
All I can say about this company for the most part my time there was very good. It had its ups and downs for that comes with any company you work for but this was the best company I ever worked for. I wish I was able to still work for them. I resigned due to the on the road aspect of it. Just spent too much time away from my life at home which caused a negative impact on my home life. If you like to travel and don't mind being on the road and can have a good work/home ratio by all means work for Balfour Beatty Rail. A great group of people and management.
Pros
Travel all expenses paid benefits Management
Cons
No real home life and could pay a little more by the hr.
Solid company; unreasonable constraints for accountants
Senior Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 24, 2017
The construction accounting cycle requires much more work at end of month than the rest of the month. In California this company's accountants are hourly employees and work 8 hours a day Monday through Friday with no overtime allowed. This constraint made it extremely difficult to meet the corporate accounting deadlines.

I had some great experiences with the on-site construction project teams. Most of the quality employees I worked with left the company for other employers, primarily because promotions appeared to be based on favoritism and how often the person was in the corporate offices rather than on proven expertise managing projects. Interacting with the clients was great; interacting with corporate middle management was not.
Pros
Good benefits package, interesting projects
Cons
Unreasonable expectations
A great productive positive work enviroment
Pile driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 21, 2017
It was great to work for balfour beatty, they took time to train me in every position I wanted to learn. They also look for people who love doing the job and notice that and give raises passed on your work ethic and attendance
Great Employer with 110% help if needed
Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2017
This is an great company to work for and with. The upper management was always willing to go an extra step in training. Never had a problem with the travel or the work environment>
Pros
Everthing
Great company
Pile Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 19, 2017
Balfour Beatty is a excellent company to work for. They have a good 401k. They very clean and work with other company's great. They have great leadership
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2017
I learned alot from working with this company. I hate u had to relocate back to Mississippi for personal reasons. If they had a company in Mississippi I would still be employed there.