Balfour Beatty

Balfour Beatty Employer Reviews

Great company!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
This was a great company to work for. I did various reports for the President and CEO. Also, assisted with the Legal Department coordinating case load information. I really enjoyed the multi-tasking and staying busy it really helped the day go by faster.
Nice crew but didnt work enough
Laborer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2014
A typical day started early in the rain or shine and we worked hard while we could so we could get the work done that was needed. The hours always varied and you never knew when you would get called in. The co-workers were easy to get along with and they all put the time and help needed in. The hardest part of the job was working 14-16 hour days in the sun. The most enjoyable part was high railing.
Double standards within HR - BB not a safe place to work during mass reorganization activities
contractor (Former Employee), north eastMarch 31, 2014
Pros: some good staff but very weak management and leadership
Cons: convenient, if local offices are close to you
Generally a good workforce but BB expects the earth from its workforce by giving little in return. Certainly does not reward its long serving workers correctly - except with redundancy

HR unable to pay its workers what they are due - does it think that it is a charity?

HR should lead by example by what it preaches to its staff on its induction courses

Probably, the worst company that I have ever worked for
Work as hard as you can so that you can one day make it to the top.
Lead Tech/ Acting as Turn Key Supervisor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 22, 2013
Pros: the benifits
Cons: your efforts of going above and beyond are ignored
I have learnt that you work as hard as you can to prove yourself even if your efforts are ignored because one day all my efforts and determination will pay off with the right company.
excellent company
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Kittery, MEJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: solid company
Cons: very strict
very professional people. Very strict rules. Must pass stringent security check
Not very organized and very few chances for advancement.
Procuring Agent (Current Employee), Fort Gordon GADecember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great management
Cons: no chances for advancement
A typical day of work at Balfour Beatty is coming in and taking care of problems that came up over night and cleaning up whatever the oncall technitian left behind. In the three years I have been employed here I learned lots of computer programs, technical info., and maintainence experiance. My co-workers work hard but take alot of advantages for granted instead of respecting them. Hardest part of my job is keeping items in stock due to our purchasing system and approval proccess. Solving problems fast,effectively with the best possible idea.
Texas Company Fortune 100 Rated
Project Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2012
Pros: benefits package
Cons: long hours no free weekends
Enjoyed the people, the job and challenges, the interactions with BOFA owners. Timeline constraints, higly demanding and well compensated
Balfour Beatty is a good Company to work for.
Superintendent (Former Employee), Fot Jackson SCOctober 23, 2012
Pros: pay is always on time
Cons: long hours, work life balance is determined by job status
Worked as Superintendent of Framing and MEPS also turned over units to the owner.
Resident Specialist
Resident Specialist (Current Employee), Mayport, FLAugust 28, 2012
Pros: none at this time
Cons: none at this time
responds to and manages resident complaints and/or service issues and may coordinate with appropriate staff to addres
and resolve resident concerns. Manages resident renewal process.
Supports residents during the move-out process, which includes notice to vacate and resident transfers.
Manages resident lease renewal process including finalizing renewal leases with the resident.
Perform post-turn unit inspections and complete move-in inventory inspections with new residents.
Overall a good place to work
Project Manager/ Superintendent (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 21, 2012
Overall a good place to work. Safety is high priority. Company does alot of school work and is trying to branch out.
Very friendly environment but less development opportunity
Application Developer (Current Employee), Redhill, ENGJune 14, 2012
I really enjoy working at Balfour Beatty. But unfortunately there isn't enough development oppotunaties here.
I enjoy the construction industry and the challenges
project superintendent (Former Employee), Key West, FLApril 30, 2012
Pros: benefits, retirement, being active, outside work
Cons: long hours
days are typically long hours 10-12 and some weekend work is required. this is an ever changing industry requiring continuous growth. I am not a micro manager and have always surrounded my self with good people making everyone's life easier. Our goals and expectations are always clearly understood by all. The hardest part of this job is the amount of hats worn. I enjoy getting the job done right on time with zero harm.

About Balfour Beatty

Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure – Read more

Balfour Beatty Photos