Balfour Beatty Employee Reviews

Beyond busy
Work Order Clerk (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 24, 2017
This is a very stressful job, no stop phones and interruptions. Customer always right job no matter what. (bad insight) The employee always took the blame for something that went wrong.
Pros
Employees
Cons
short breaks
great place to work at
Paving Operating Foreman (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2017
the management was good to work for. all the employees would work hard and were like a family. they protected one another and would not let anyone faulted.
poor management
community attendant (Former Employee) –  ft. eustisJuly 11, 2017
They do not treat employees equally in the office. location ( Ft. Eustis). I've learned that management is also poor and shows favoritism. there is one employee that brings her dogs in and let them eat and drink out of the bowls in the kitchen. she also takes things without permission. there was a time when she started as a community attendant and she use to steal cases of water bottles. No of course it was not reported. There is also an employee that gets away with everything she does such as coming to work while under the influence and there was a time where assistant manager had to take her home because she smelled and looked "high" on the job and that probably didn't get reported. also If employees made a complaint about the situation assistant management would defend her because they have a close relationship and she defends her and say everyone is bullying her and she changes her medication every week. my opinion is that if you have to change medication ever week. you shouldn't be working at the front desk.
Pros
extra hours. special occation events. holiday bonuses
Cons
lack of communication. favortism. drama in the office because of employement of all females
Ambiente de equipo laboral todos enfocados en una meta en comun
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  MDJune 9, 2017
Yo viví muchas experiencias faborables para mi desarollo como trabajador en el area de construccion con la seguridad como base
Pros
Muy caro los seguros
Cons
Solo hay descanso cuando en realidad no se puede mas
Fair Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 5, 2017
Was able to work 4 - 10's which was nice. Unfortunately, most work was at night. Certain positions will get you a differential for night work. Benefits were okay.
Pros
Experience
Good One
Senior Structure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Derby, KSApril 23, 2017
Senior Structure Engineer - Designing steel support structures and anchorages for DC cables running in a 60kM tunnel for Eleclink Project. Major Projects - London Power Tunnels, Heysham 2 Power Station & New Cross Cable Installation Project.
Fun employees great for mans
Laborer builder (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 14, 2017
Very good company provides jobs for all people including people who've never worked with rail roads including myself until I started working there and learned
Pros
45 minute lunch fun guys to work with
Cons
The heat of the rails and carrying a hammer all day
Work environment -fair. Benefits -good.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mt Home, IDApril 12, 2017
It has a highly self-service attitude towards it's own corporate existence. It seemed that the safety programs were geared so that they were protected from any liability. Policies and procedures leaned toward profit instead of staff morale and productivity.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Cons
Pressure to production. Quanity instead Quality seemed to be the rule.
A challenging role in co-ordinating the BB sites over the UK
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Purchase LedgerMarch 22, 2017
It was a challenging role co-ordinating Balfour Beatty sub sites ensuring the sales admin push through the cost info onto the purchase accounts system .I felt Oracle accounts was flawed the server kept making the system go down or slow making it harder to reach the deadlines -I enjoyed working with the staff .
Pros
Nice Staff /colleagues
Cons
Oracle accounts system was not good
hard work. 10 hour day 7 days a week
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 15, 2017
Good benefits, very physical work, my reason for leaving is i was training a gentleman that could not do my job but was making two more dallors on the hour. I was always early for work for 6 straight months. Never got my raise. Overall it was something new for me and descent pay.
Pros
good health plan
Cons
short lunch breaks but thats the only break in a 10 hour day
I enjoyed working for this company overall.
2nd Step Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2017
This job had a pleasant atmosphere. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. I enjoyed the experience of learning catenary/light rail system work for the first time.
Great Company
ADMINISTRATOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  GADecember 9, 2016
This is the BEST company to work for. They made me feel so welcomed the work is only as hard as you make it and with the people at this company they made the work seem easy. Love the people and love the work
Great people
Work Order Admin (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2016
Most staff members are underpaid. Benefits, especially insurance are not what I expected. It is difficult to complete tasks efficiently with outdated computers and software. Techs are asked to do a lot without needed supplies. Pennywise and dollar foolish.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay and benefits
It was a good learning experience.
Roads and grounds Tech. (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GANovember 8, 2016
Its a good company to work for but the work load that was required was too much, for the size of the property and the amount of employees that we had on site.
Pros
Good work envirment, Heplful co-workers
Cons
To few employees
Demanding and Challenging, plenty of dealines to meet weekly
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GASeptember 1, 2016
A typical day at work involves conference calls to discuss budget, input of invoices, checking delinquencies. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with financials without a designated financial accountant on staff for certain properties. It's still a good opportunity to learn all aspects of the management of properties.
Pros
You are forced to learn
Cons
Work/life balance could be better
Worst mgnt company i ever worked for....CHEAP SLUMLORDS..
Maint Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 24, 2016
Do not work here..you will regret it lol..i hated it an the mgnt dont care bout workers at all...wont spend money on needed parts to fix stuff
Pros
Cons
Many
Actual company is good
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXMay 29, 2016
The company takes care of its employees but locally, the management team does little to support its staff and to maintain moral. If you're looking for a place where hard work pays off, Ft Bliss (Balfour Beatty) is not the place.
Heavy workload
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COMay 17, 2016
Facebook comments from tenants allowed and can be unreasonable.
Corp. strategy unrealistic goals set by management reflect how little is know about the day to day property functions
Excellent place to work
SAFETY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 13, 2016
Great place to work, very serious about the safety of their workers, Management compromise In the well being of their employees,
Pros
Adequate salaries to their employees
Cons
Uncertain of continue employment because the job market
Different experience with alot to learn
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2016
Typical day at work was picking up the metal plates that rail rested on. Usually started morning off by having briefing about what we were doing that day and then we started.I learned to always have a positive look everyday. Most of my co-workers were good guys, helped when they could.Always laughing at something, which helped make the thought of being gone all the time little better.
The hardest part was always being gone, never having a set schedule and not knowing if you'll be working the next week.
Pros
Experience, money
Cons
Never being home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balfour Beatty. Our community is ready to answer.