Balfour Beatty

Balfour Beatty Employee Reviews

Great Company
ADMINISTRATOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  GADecember 9, 2016
This is the BEST company to work for. They made me feel so welcomed the work is only as hard as you make it and with the people at this company they made the work seem easy. Love the people and love the work
It was a good learning experience.
Roads and grounds Tech. (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GANovember 8, 2016
Its a good company to work for but the work load that was required was too much, for the size of the property and the amount of employees that we had on site.
Pros
Good work envirment, Heplful co-workers
Cons
To few employees
Demanding and Challenging, plenty of dealines to meet weekly
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GASeptember 1, 2016
A typical day at work involves conference calls to discuss budget, input of invoices, checking delinquencies. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with financials without a designated financial accountant on staff for certain properties. It's still a good opportunity to learn all aspects of the management of properties.
Pros
You are forced to learn
Cons
Work/life balance could be better
Worst mgnt company i ever worked for....CHEAP SLUMLORDS..
Maint Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 24, 2016
Do not work here..you will regret it lol..i hated it an the mgnt dont care bout workers at all...wont spend money on needed parts to fix stuff
Pros
Cons
Many
Actual company is good
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXMay 29, 2016
The company takes care of its employees but locally, the management team does little to support its staff and to maintain moral. If you're looking for a place where hard work pays off, Ft Bliss (Balfour Beatty) is not the place.
Heavy workload
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COMay 17, 2016
Facebook comments from tenants allowed and can be unreasonable.
Corp. strategy unrealistic goals set by management reflect how little is know about the day to day property functions
Excellent place to work
SAFETY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 13, 2016
Great place to work, very serious about the safety of their workers, Management compromise In the well being of their employees,
Pros
Adequate salaries to their employees
Cons
Uncertain of continue employment because the job market
Horrible place to work!!!! BEWARE
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 25, 2016
Was there for 3 months, worked 6 days a week, 12-14 hours a day, no lunch allowed by my manager. Was fired because I couldn't work even more hours. They fired me 2 days before I was promised a large bonus, never got it! So they hired my replacement and 3 months later he too was fired, get the hint! The manager is a B I T C H
Cons
Different experience with alot to learn
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2016
Typical day at work was picking up the metal plates that rail rested on. Usually started morning off by having briefing about what we were doing that day and then we started.I learned to always have a positive look everyday. Most of my co-workers were good guys, helped when they could.Always laughing at something, which helped make the thought of being gone all the time little better.
The hardest part was always being gone, never having a set schedule and not knowing if you'll be working the next week.
Pros
Experience, money
Cons
Never being home.
Plenty of work
MAINT. TECHNICIAN /ASSIST. NIGHT-SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 4, 2015
The type of work that was assigned to me was right up my alley and I enjoyed the few moments when I was given the time to thoroughly check all the other working components of the furnaces and a/c units . The work load among the Technicians did not seem to be distributed evenly as many of the Technicians can testify. The supervisors and the assistants did not seem to step up to the plate when we were hit with the heavy work loads that were frequent when the weather was very hot or cold.
The best part of the job was that I was able to work alone , without distractions from other employees or supervisors. I could hear music with the headphones and go about completed as many work orders a Humanly possible.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, working at Fort Bliss was an Honor for me.
Cons
Poor work load distribution among the Technicians.
A long time ago but they were an awsome company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2015
I worked with some great people at Balfour Beatty in the Caribean and Florida and there was some awsome staff that I would like to work with in the future
OK place to work
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss TexasJune 9, 2015
Working for Balfour Beatty is a good experience learning how huge construction companies work internally. The pay was not that great but the bonus check would make up for.
A Good Company to work for. Good Insurance but no benefits
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Southport, NCMarch 17, 2015
I install storm drain pipes.

How and what it takes to install storm drain pipes.

Wonderful Management and Co Workers are awesome too.

Nothing hard about the job.

I enjoy everything about my job. I'm blessed to have it!
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
No Benefits and the job is ending.
High productivity rate -- pleasant employees
Electronics Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Balfour beatty was a outstanding place to work,well supervised and disciplined. I worked a lot of overtime due to high demand for parts.My coworkers were excellent people to work with,it was a honor to work with them.The thing I liked most was being able to apply and excel myself in this line of work.
Pros
Overtime available.
Great company!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
This was a great company to work for. I did various reports for the President and CEO. Also, assisted with the Legal Department coordinating case load information. I really enjoyed the multi-tasking and staying busy it really helped the day go by faster.
Nice crew but didnt work enough
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2014
A typical day started early in the rain or shine and we worked hard while we could so we could get the work done that was needed. The hours always varied and you never knew when you would get called in. The co-workers were easy to get along with and they all put the time and help needed in. The hardest part of the job was working 14-16 hour days in the sun. The most enjoyable part was high railing.
Double standards within HR - BB not a safe place to work during mass reorganization activities
contractor (Former Employee) –  north eastMarch 31, 2014
Generally a good workforce but BB expects the earth from its workforce by giving little in return. Certainly does not reward its long serving workers correctly - except with redundancy

HR unable to pay its workers what they are due - does it think that it is a charity?

HR should lead by example by what it preaches to its staff on its induction courses

Probably, the worst company that I have ever worked for
Pros
Some good staff but very weak management and leadership
Cons
convenient, if local offices are close to you
Work as hard as you can so that you can one day make it to the top.
Lead Tech/ Acting as Turn Key Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 22, 2013
I have learnt that you work as hard as you can to prove yourself even if your efforts are ignored because one day all my efforts and determination will pay off with the right company.
Pros
The benifits
Cons
Your efforts of going above and beyond are ignored
excellent company
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kittery, MEJanuary 21, 2013
very professional people. Very strict rules. Must pass stringent security check
Pros
solid company
Cons
very strict
Not very organized and very few chances for advancement.
Procuring Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon GADecember 12, 2012
A typical day of work at Balfour Beatty is coming in and taking care of problems that came up over night and cleaning up whatever the oncall technitian left behind. In the three years I have been employed here I learned lots of computer programs, technical info., and maintainence experiance. My co-workers work hard but take alot of advantages for granted instead of respecting them. Hardest part of my job is keeping items in stock due to our purchasing system and approval proccess. Solving problems fast,effectively with the best possible idea.
Pros
free lunches, great management
Cons
no chances for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balfour Beatty. Our community is ready to answer.