Balfour Employee Reviews in United States

Was able to watch horse races and the derby.
Packer/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day would be going into work and preparing and getting things ready for the customers to come in and watch the races. Learned how to serve drinks to tables without spilling them, learned how to tell if a person had way to much to drink, also learned how to tell if the identifiction card was real or not.
Some of the mangers were rude to the employees and talked with attuides.
Didn't know how to be team players when it came to someone needing help they didn't want to help them unless they was able to help them out with there work.
Working and doing things by your self and have to run around and make sure everything you had to do was done and neat still.
Was able to watch the horse races and look at all the different types of fashion that came in.
Pros
watch night races and the derby free
Cons
people run off and left to handle the job duties alone
Calm Cool & Collect type of environment
Data-Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2012
I really enjoyed working at Balfour because management always showed their appreciation. We would have caterings, raffles, games, food, etc. Everyone there was like a big family. Like on birthdays everyone would buy birthday gifts, and the same for any other holiday. I liked the environment because everyone was older than me, like old enough to be my mother or grandmother. :) But the hardest part of the job was when we was short on staff then everyone had to work TWICE as hard.
Pros
flexible hours, food caterings, games
Cons
i-rate callers .
Great residents such a beautiful place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COMarch 12, 2015
People are super funny there, and polite. Management was great co workers are great. The hardest part about this job would be getting everyone there food on time and making everyone happy. Again the most enjoyable moments were when the residents really appreciated all the work that we did for them.
easy work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2013
I came to work in the office and took folders of student orders, then typed them up into the computer to place the order. Charged the card they gave us or billed the students the amount. I learned how to place orders online. Management could have been worked on. They were somewhat friendly and not really around to help when needing it. The hardest part of the job was fiixng the order the students messed up on or trying to figure out the address of the student. I enjoyed the people I worked it. Very friendly and willing to help out when needing it.
Pros
free clothes when left over
Cons
short breaks
Productive and easy going work place.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2013
On a typical day I would pick/pack/ship orders. I would also work with spreadsheets on Excel and email. I learned how to use various company systems as well as FedEx Shipping systems. I furthered my skills in Excel. I also learned to use a manual pallet jack as well as various tape machines and other shipping equipment.
Pros
long breaks and company events (derby, holidays, ect.)
Cons
no chance of advancement, wage freeze the entire time i worked there.
Company has fallen behind times and as result is losing market place.
Owner/President, Regional Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2014
Industry wide, the products have become less desirable to the consumer and the clients are looking for greater donations that are no longer supported by sales.

I enjoy meeting new people and developing meaningful relationships that meet the vision of the client as well as the company I represent.
Unique Experience
Account Executive - Yearbook Publishing Division (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Working at Balfour has been a unique experience. It is mostly a manufacturing plant and part of my job was to work with other departments in the plant to ensure that books were produced properly and efficiently.

The best part of my job is going out and teaching at various workshops, locally and nationally, training schools and sales reps on how to use the products.
A company that does work for Schools and has Quality and Excellance in its work.
Data Entry, Post Orders in Computer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2012
Stayed busy with a work load that had to be completed in a timely manner. Worked well with my supervisors and fellow employees. Always on
time and never missed work. I enjoyed my job and
really did not find anything that was hard.
Pros
cookouts at diffrent times
Cons
sometimes too busy to take breaks
Good place to learn new things and work smart
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaJanuary 12, 2014
I learned lot new things and technology. do a smart work and work culture is very good.
great place to work
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  pennsylvaniaJuly 30, 2013
balfour had to let go of sales reps due to the price of gold going so high.
Pros
you make your schedule
Cons
no management support
Most interesting job
Receptionist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 24, 2013
I assisted with the ring and letterman jacket sales. I would also assist with outside sales traveling to multiple schools. Once all orders were complete, I would verify that all paperwork/applications were processed in a timely manner.
Pros
traveling
Cons
temporary position
Fun Work Place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KySeptember 8, 2013
A real fun place to work. Management shows appreciation to employers very often.
ggod job
press room /shipping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2013
long work hours fastes paste and good people to be around who are all about team work
Data-Entry temporary (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 11, 2012
I enjoyed being on assignment at Balfour very much. The people there were wonderful. And the work was enjoyeable.
Pros
great people.
Cons
some of the other temps were difficult to work with.
Nerf guns galore
Python Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin TXSeptember 18, 2012
Not a bad place, contracting there was entertaining. Flexible hours, facilities were a bit sib-par
productive workplace
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 5, 2013
I loved working here, it gave a lot of work experience and gave knowledge in the work industry.
Productive, fast paced employer
Laser Welder (Former Employee) –  TxAugust 7, 2012
Friendly fun people,
A fast paced job environment that helps you learn and grow in the field.
Pros
guarenteed hours
Cons
early work schedule.
liked my co-workers
Buck Hoist Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 10, 2013
Some of the job rules weren't explained. However the work environment was enjoyable.