Balfour Employee Reviews

Could Have Lots of Potential
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 4, 2017
This company could have a lot more potential if they gave their employees the compensation & wages they deserved. This company does not advance the factory workers, but will hire outside of the company for CEOs.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Very Underpaid & insurance is very expensive
Very stable company
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2017
Balfour provides a very stable and work life balance. Since this is not a dot com company, the benefits and opportunities may be a little limited, but otherwise is a good company.
Great Place to work
UX Senior Business Analyst/Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
Love the flexibility to work early or late hours.
Got a few WFH opportunities.
Great Manager.
Got to make an impact on the overall company.
Fun workplace culture.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Usually Contract to Hire
Not a good company
Data Entry 1 (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 16, 2017
Balfour used to be a great place to work. But, over the year's it has changed so much. Now they don't even care about the employees. They had a wage freeze. More people started getting second jobs just to be able to live. I really enjoyed working with the customers. Also the employees in Merida and Austin, TX. I have several friends. Even now we still keep intouch.
Pros
No attendance policy. You can work any hours you want as long as get your 40 hours
Cons
No room for advancement, Raises if you get one it's always 2 percent across the board., The way management is allowed to treat their employees.
Military Housing
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 19, 2017
Housing renovations and new construction.
A lot of travel and relocation.
Must be flexible on areas to travel.
Over site of all trades with a lean team.
good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 21, 2017
i loved this job by far the best employers i have worked for and was very sad to leave... the work place was very good and perfessional and i just enjoyed every single day...
Lots of traveling, but over all a good place to be a sales rep
Territory Sales Manager/consultant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 19, 2017
Good place to work if you're a real people person. You have to be willing to travel and wake up very early on some days. If you don't think you will love working with highschool kids and the parents then this is not the job for you. Cold calling to principals and administration is also a big part of the business. It is hard to win accounts because schools have been with the same company's for a long time. It can be very competitive. At times it can be stressful getting the product in on time then slow during the summer.
nice to play to work- compenstation is low
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2017
It is a slow pace job.Their peak season is from Jan-June. a week off Christmas and two wks in summer if you haven't accurred time you do not get paid.
Pros
hours are good
Cons
pay, benefits, PTO takes time to accured 1 day
Good place for stable work environment
LAMP Stack Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Balfour is involved in a few fairly leading-edge projects using Magento and React/Reflux. There is also a large amount of Legacy code throughout the system from previous ERPs and acquisitions over the years, which tends to drag on development. It's important to get that mastered and "be there" for the better projects if you want to avoid fixing bugs (which are there). Relational database architecture and (up to recently) architecting in general was not very robust or flexible but generally you've got a very good crew who knows how to work through issues.
Pros
good dev team and supervisor
Cons
some level of politics, hierarchy
First Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJanuary 2, 2017
This was my first job. It was a wonderful experience. My typical day would start at four in the afternoon and would end whenever the guests had left and the tables were cleaned up, and set for the next day. Sometimes this wold be late at night. Through this job, I learned customer service, as well as how to serve and take orders. The only difficult thing about this job for me was the management. My manager was never around, and would never receive my emails or phone calls when I needed off. The job became inflexible for me due to miscommunication of time off, along with school, esthetician class, and sports. My co-workers were one of my favorite parts about the job. Most of them were in high school too, and were all very nice people.
Pros
good pay, good fist job, learned a lot
Cons
no management communication, sometimes ran late at night
manufacturing company for High School & College products
Engraver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2016
Balfour is a nice company, but there is not much room for moving up. Pay increases are very small and only happens every once in a while.
Pros
Can leave to take care of family without getting in trouble.
Cons
no room to advance in the company.
Great residents such a beautiful place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COMarch 12, 2015
People are super funny there, and polite. Management was great co workers are great. The hardest part about this job would be getting everyone there food on time and making everyone happy. Again the most enjoyable moments were when the residents really appreciated all the work that we did for them.
Was able to watch horse races and the derby.
Packer/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day would be going into work and preparing and getting things ready for the customers to come in and watch the races. Learned how to serve drinks to tables without spilling them, learned how to tell if a person had way to much to drink, also learned how to tell if the identifiction card was real or not.
Some of the mangers were rude to the employees and talked with attuides.
Didn't know how to be team players when it came to someone needing help they didn't want to help them unless they was able to help them out with there work.
Working and doing things by your self and have to run around and make sure everything you had to do was done and neat still.
Was able to watch the horse races and look at all the different types of fashion that came in.
Pros
Watch night races and the derby free
Cons
People run off and left to handle the job duties alone
Company has fallen behind times and as result is losing market place.
Owner/President, Regional Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2014
Industry wide, the products have become less desirable to the consumer and the clients are looking for greater donations that are no longer supported by sales.

I enjoy meeting new people and developing meaningful relationships that meet the vision of the client as well as the company I represent.
Good place to learn new things and work smart
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaJanuary 12, 2014
I learned lot new things and technology. do a smart work and work culture is very good.
productive workplace
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 5, 2013
I loved working here, it gave a lot of work experience and gave knowledge in the work industry.
ggod job
press room /shipping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2013
long work hours fastes paste and good people to be around who are all about team work
Most interesting job
Receptionist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 24, 2013
I assisted with the ring and letterman jacket sales. I would also assist with outside sales traveling to multiple schools. Once all orders were complete, I would verify that all paperwork/applications were processed in a timely manner.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Temporary Position
liked my co-workers
Buck Hoist Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 10, 2013
Some of the job rules weren't explained. However the work environment was enjoyable.
Unique Experience
Account Executive - Yearbook Publishing Division (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Working at Balfour has been a unique experience. It is mostly a manufacturing plant and part of my job was to work with other departments in the plant to ensure that books were produced properly and efficiently.

The best part of my job is going out and teaching at various workshops, locally and nationally, training schools and sales reps on how to use the products.