Balkamp Employee Reviews

A fun productive place to work
New Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2015
Gave me the tools necessary to do the job and created and great and friendly atmosphere almost like family. A rare find in A company.
Temp position, company going through convertion
Accounting Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2015
Most employees have worked there at least 15 years. They say they are happy but not a comfortable environment. Feels very dark.
They still use Lotus 123 Green screens. There are a lot of temps there. Some having worked there for over a year with no prospect of getting hired. But I did meet a few people I truly liked.
This was a temp assignment only.
Pros
Feed well for the holiday and year-end when overtime was mandatory
Cons
Old software, outdated processes and no respect shown to temps, Very unhappy there
good pay, no advancement
Stockhandler (Current Employee) –  west jordan, utJanuary 24, 2015
The place isn't a bad place to work, but if you want to move up in company then do not work here. There is not room for advancement. Management is getting better, but still has plenty of flaws and do not listen to the employees on a lot of issues. Favoritism is an issue and you are not a favorite unless you kiss up.
Enjoyable atmosphere with a bright future.
Stock order puller (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSDecember 5, 2014
My day would start by pulling orders, stocking shelves, and occasionally assisting co-workers who were behind in their work. I learned to voluntary go where I was needed so I could help others along with learning multiple new skills in various departments. Management at times had communication issues when it came to informing employees of their duties, but they were also very friendly and understanding when involving personal problems. I would describe my co-workers as caring and giving. They became close friends not only on the job, but also when we were off the clock. The hardest part of the job was the company closing the doors and moving out of state. The most enjoyable part was working with great people.
Pros
great pay, great benefits, and overall sense of security.
Cons
communication issues/weak leadership
good place to work but management kept getting changed around and no one was sure of anything
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 18, 2014
balkamp is a place that if your buddies with the boss you got along well and if you wasn't they rode you hard
Great postion for the right person
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  caJuly 28, 2014
Balancing work and Home life is difficult in this position. stressful but rewarding career. fast paced. great customers and Management.
This job is great for introverts.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 23, 2013
Balkamp is a place that introverts would thrive. If he or she is interested in a fast pace physical job then this is the one!
Pros
great pay!
Cons
management is mediocre
Great Place to work
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 10, 2013
Great place to work, good benefits great hours the only draw back was being let go because I was in the hospital with a pregnancy complication.
I've worked most of my life in the Aerospace Industry but after the layoff I've worked at Balkamp
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMarch 24, 2013
No complaints about Balkamp, good place to work, I get along good with anyone. With overtime hours the job was working out OK. Now hours have been cut back to part time. Need more work. Would like to get back into Aerospace, more money obviously but just don't see this happening. I'm a hard worker and can do most anything.
Cons
need more hours
Productive workplace
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 17, 2012
A typical day would begin with receiving order assignments. Work was fast paced and monitored very closely. Co workers were nice and easy to get along with.
Great place to work!
Picker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 30, 2012
This job like most jobs in this field can be physically demanding. However the co-workers made work go quickly thus created a fun and stress-free workplace.
Pros
discount on auto parts
Cons
must meet picking requirements each day.