Ball Corporation Employee Reviews

Customer Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 20, 2018
Great company, Good benefits, Good people
Opportunities for advancement.
Team atmosphere
Flexible schedule in IT customer service role. I loved worked globally with customers.
Would recommend employment at Ball Corporation.
Great Place to Work Great Team Members
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 19, 2018
I came in for a 6 month contract, will be here >20 months. I have enjoyed working here, with a great Knowledgeable Team and Management. Everyone Treats you with respect and like family. Allowed to work from home one day a week, and if you have a package or other need to work from home they let you do it. As a contractor you are treated as an employee, you are expected to act like one also. Contract is coming to an end but if they call me back later depending on my circumstance I would accept without much thought.
Pros
Work from home one day a week, Great Management and Team
Cons
None that I can think of
Great Place to Work
Can Lid Tender (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAFebruary 16, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at Ball. I liked running my machine. Everyone was very nice and respectful within the company. I was a can lid tender.
Pros
Heated smoking pad
Worst job ever
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAFebruary 3, 2018
Never have I seen upper management actually yell at employees. NEVER before Ball verona. NEVER have i seen sn employee written up for not doing something that they were never told to do. They just should have known. Never have i seen shift supervisors blamed for everything that happens. I was only here a few months. The work itself isnt bad. Its the management that makes it unbearable. The hastle is not worth the low pay.
Pros
Straight shifts
Cons
Everything else
Good company, Great people...
Anonymous Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Verona, VirginiaFebruary 2, 2018
This is a fantastic place to work. Talent is recognized and dedication is rewarded. True environment of inclusiveness and family. You've got to WANT to screw up at this place in order to do so. It's really that simple.
Most positive job experience I've ever had and it just keeps getting better. Most of the complaining comes from a sense of entitlement some employees carry. Yes, it's a job...they actually expect you to perform your duties. That doesn't seem like too much to ask.
Bonuses, continuous incentives for EVERYTHING, amazing benefits package, great pay, good people...sounds like a great place to work to me.
You're not joining a team...you're joining a family. I'd recommend this place to anyone.
Long shifts, though...and it's an industrial facility which means it's loud, dirty and has extreme temperature variances. But, if you are willing to accept those challenges and are willing to simply do your job, you'll probably like working at Ball Verona.
Pros
Extremely generous incentives and rewards...
Cons
A few bad apples rolling around here and there...
Bad management in verona
Casting Operator (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAFebruary 1, 2018
Micromanage everything. No minorities in management. Managers yell at people and one manager said "its not ok for people to make mistakes."
Infighting between production and maintenance stay away if you have a choice.
Pros
None since rhe good plant manager left.
Cons
The new plant manager.
Great company, bad management in Verona
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAJanuary 30, 2018
The plant manager is a tyrant and many of his staff are referred to as puppets by the hourly folks. Micro-management is an overwhelming understatement to describe the practices. Supervisors have to send an update to the production manager mid-shift then have to field calls from the plant manager a little closer to the end of the shift. Just to let them know what’s going on. Even though both will be in to the plant in a couple hours. No minorities in management at this plant.
Most hourly folks are looking for other employment.
They did just increase starting pay but still well below at least 15 other facilities in the area. Unless you have no choice, stay away from this place.
Pros
None with current management
Cons
Current management
Experience was life changing
Sr. Acoounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2018
I was fortunate enough to be chosen as part of the team to start a new plastics division from ground zero. What learned about installing new systems and software implementation was priceless.
Pros
The opportunites
Cons
Moved back to Colorado
Typical Manufacturing environment
Production Line Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2018
As is the course for American Manufacturing the focus has shifted from customer satisfaction to profit for shareholders. A slippery slope to be on....
Pros
The Milwaukee plant has many good people working at it.
Ball is a hidden gem in plain sight
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 29, 2018
Great company with a great history and great culture. The global leader in the beverage can market. Wide range of customer from startups to multinational corporations. Wide variety of career paths are available for those that want to get ahead. A big shift in the focus on diversity and inclusion have made it even better.
Pros
Challenging work environment, great people, fun market
Cons
As the leader, you’re the target.

Want to know more about Ball Corporation?

Ask a question
Loved it
Production/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 29, 2018
I ran a sorter, palletizer, bright stacker. I also worked part-time in electrical maintenance as a helper.I loved working here. If the company had not closed, I might still be working here!
Pros
The people and the job were great!
Solid company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 25, 2018
Old company with futuristic ideas. The beverage and the aerospace divisions will continue to grow and sustain the companies growth. Unfortunately, they missed opportunities in the food and aerosol division and are being out performed by their competitors.
Pros
Large corporation
Cons
Dying divisions
Positive Changes
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAJanuary 22, 2018
I wrote this review because there has been very important positive changes in the last 2 years that have improved attitudes in the plant, most importantly in the last few months, but there are still improvements that can be made. Examples are 2 new hired supervisors, Maintenance and Production both have improved their departments with their attitude and leadership abilities. Pay has increased and has become more competitive with other companies in our area. This is a job that if you're dedicated and hard working you'll be noticed and valued and have a potential to grow within the company. The work can be hard and dirty since we are a foundry but if you have skills and are just starting out or tired of feeling like a number, give this place a try.
Fast Paced
Preventative Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJanuary 18, 2018
Ball was a great company to work for. IT was a fast paced job. Pay and benefits were good.The only reason for leaving Ball was because of them closing our plant.
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
non
Decent pay, decent job, too many hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INJanuary 18, 2018
This is not a bad place to work, but the hours are demanding. 12+ hour days and a rotating schedule of days to nights every 9 weeks. It is very difficult to keep adjusting.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Hours, shift changes
Good place to work but bad management
Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INJanuary 17, 2018
Was a good company to work for until there current plant manager came and brought all his buddies with him from plants that where shut down. Watch your back alot of back stabbers and snakes / an don't ever do something wrong and get a last chance agreement cause if you do something wrong 5 years later you'll be fired
Pros
fellow workers, pay
Cons
Heat, low morale, poor management, last chance agreements
work day
Coating Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 10, 2018
management has no clue of what they are doing some managers just lean on the guard rail or on pallets of stock and stare at you most supervisors wont help just stare at you
it was a good place to work until they started swapping out management.
End Line Operator/ Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Reidsville North CarolinaJanuary 5, 2018
ball shut down in June 2017 in Reidsvile NC. My last day was June 30,2017. I worked there for 18 yrs.I worked 12 hr. shifts, days for 3 months and nights for 3 months. rotated shifts every 3 months. I could sit down when machines were running well. I didn't have to stand the whole shift. Ball was a union plant. Ball had great pay and great benefits.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
employees that had been there for 38 yrs. or more thought they owned the place.
Good Work Environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCJanuary 2, 2018
We worked hard first Shift. Steady work hours. Team had input in how we would work to fix any issues. Team worked well with each other. We got along good with management.
Pros
every 3 months we would get free lunch.
Cons
sometimes we couldnt get parts that we needed
Don’t trust anyone
Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 10, 2017
Very dishonest people that think they are more than what the really are. Kind of funny to see fake smiles on these irritating faces that almost seem like a mask. Pure phony people there that are scared to death of a union.
Pros
Leaving.
Cons
Clocking in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ball Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.