Ball Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Don't work for ball
General Plant Utility/Coater Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVMay 2, 2016
very poor company to work for Management not very organized Most of the employees get along well All In all their isn't a bad job in the place
Pros
free lunch good money
Cons
heath care
job was great but unfortunatley moved to mexico great benefits pay drawback was swing shift hours
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAApril 24, 2016
company was good to work for till they decided to open a new plant to mexico for cheaper labor,they didn't car about the 225 that lost their job.
Pros
ins, pension
Cons
hours swing shift
Productive and safe place to work
Coil Utility (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVFebruary 22, 2016
I worked 12 hour shifts. Loaded and unloaded coils off trucks. Loaded sheer lines as needed. The Supervisor was very good to wrk with
No Diversity
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Reidsville, NCJanuary 13, 2016
No diversity, no job growth for women. No women in Supervision, period. Yes, this plant, Reidsville, is represented by the Teamsters Union. Makes no difference, they are just as bad, it's the " He Man Women Hater's Club all the way around.
Nice place to work but the 4 days on 4 days off with rotating shifts was hard with family
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2015
The vast majority of my job was driving a forklift and loading and unloading trucks. It was a very fast paced position with very little to no down time, not even for breaks or lunches. Working 10 hour days with the rotating shift had some benefits but was hard for my family as we have children active in sports so I was missing a lot of events.
Pros
Having four days off in a row
Cons
working 10 hours with short breaks and changing shifts
Good Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILOctober 10, 2015
I liked this company. Good culture, good advancement opportunities, cared about employees. I'd work here again if given the chance.
Production
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 5, 2015
Load and unload trucks. How to use a forklift. Management was helpful. Nothing hard about this job. Enjoyable part was testing small engine parts.
Pros
close to home
Cons
money
Enjoyed my time there
Cad Drafter (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 15, 2015
Nice atmosphere, easy going supervisor. had enough space in large cube to be comfortable. friendly co-workers, was able to learn new skills, and was able to go to the plant to do as-builts.
Pros
Learned many new skills
Cons
Ran out of work
Accounting
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 27, 2015
Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
Sort and distribute incoming mail
Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
Process check requests
Audit and process credit card bills
Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
1099 maintenance
Respond to all vendor inquiries
Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
Assist in month end closing
Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
Assist with other projects as needed
Good place to work wish they didn't downsize.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAJuly 7, 2015
Good place to work, I was a machine operator. They downsized and I was left jobless. Otherwise it was a great place to work, the management was good. They had great pay and great benefits.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
downsized, terminated
too much micro managing
Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVMay 18, 2015
We all would meet with upper management to detail our daily work plan. Once completed we would all set out to perform said plains.

I would tour the plant to insure that all employees were working is a safe manner, keeping an open eye out for safety violations.

Following my tour, I would meet union leaders to insure that they had no complaints or grievances.

I took detailed notes on both my plant tour and my meetings with the union reps, in order to make a daily presentation to my superiors.

The hardest part of job was finding time to do my due the number of daily meetings.

The most enjoyable part was running a union plant with happy workers.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Being micro managed
typical day
Security Officer I (Current Employee) –  Broomfield CoMay 15, 2015
Customer oriented with need for detail and accuracy. Computer documentation and communication strongly acccuracy. Report writing with detail.
Pros
Benefits, location
Cons
rotation of shifts to often
Lots of fun hard working people which made the job great.
Head/Lead Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 13, 2015
Great place to work and good people to work with. Worked together to get various jobs done safely and in a timely manner. I liked the fast paced production, always something to do to keep you busy.
Pros
people are great and friendly to work with
Cons
a lot of overtime
enjoyable work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WisconsinApril 15, 2015
BALL Corporation was a very good place to work, I enjoyed going to work every day that I had to work.Supervisors were nice to work with.
Pros
luncheon rewards, safety
Lack of knowlege and compassion with management.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hubbard, OHApril 13, 2015
Typical day: Clock in, check schedule to find out location of the machine you will be on. I learned new skills of how to load, pack and monitor the machines-which i loved. The issue with this company is the foremen and die setters ( line mainteance) know the machines were old, they break down all day and they expect you to still hit a target goal which is impossible!!!!!! Also i was never told of a no point before 100 days which i was fired!!!! You recieve a whole point for being a min over clock in time, and after 30 work days or when they decide you are forced to work 10 hours instead of 8 hours with little warning and mandatory saturdays. Also i was hired at a higher rate but rate was (LOWER) changed due to trainig in a different area.
Pros
pay higher than minium wage
Cons
Management suck! waste of time!
All around a great place to work.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hubbard, OHApril 9, 2015
The hours are long, and the work is tough, easy but hard on your body. The people are kind, the pay is great and benefits are wonderful. I loved working here and would go back if I could. physically
Pros
Co-workers, mangement
Cons
physically a hard job
No opportunities for advancement
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 31, 2015
You have to have 100 working days of probation. This entails almost 5 months of probation. You cannot miss days or you will be fired. My plant has a zillion rules and an outrageous point system. It's a point for forgetting to clock out and for being 30 seconds late as well as just calling off. Seems to me, easier to call off if your getting a point for missing or being there all day and forgetting to clock out or clock back in from lunch. You do not get raises and all the retirees made sure they get their pension with the union contract that is not up until 2018. There is NOTHING for the incoming people. The HR dept. and managers could be better. It is hard work and a lot of overtime. I watch one miserable hour go by after another. The training process was non existent and it has been a horrible process to learn my job. I'm looking for something else and praying.
They also lied to my face and said in interview there would be a shoe reimbursement. A requirement of steel toed shoes and no reimbursement at 100 days and union induction. At $400 a week clear and have to pay $39 a month in union dues at 30 days and not technically in USW until 100 days.
benefits
Cons
all around miserable atmosphere
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dandridge, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Worked on line pulling finished product. Worked on line providing raw materials to 8 lines to production to be made into finished product. Then my final position was loading/unloading trucks on nights without any supervision for three and a half years.
Pros
was able to work alone with out supervision
Cons
worked in varied temperatures
great place to work
Production / Preventive Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Hubbard, OHDecember 5, 2014
great management team, steady work, no layoffs, lots of overtime
Pros
stable company
Cons
pay could be better
Highly productive, focused on safety, Customer driven.
PRODUCTION/MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CaOctober 28, 2014
Ball has been a great company to work for, I have learned many skills in management. Company pushes for growth not only for the company, also for employees willing to learn. Job culture is positive focusing on solutions and being proactive.
Pros
always looking for improvements to stay ahead, very driven for success.