Ball Corporation

Ball Corporation Employee Reviews

typical day
Security Officer I (Current Employee), Broomfield CoMay 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits, location
Cons: rotation of shifts to often
Customer oriented with need for detail and accuracy. Computer documentation and communication strongly acccuracy. Report writing with detail.
Lots of fun hard working people which made the job great.
Head/Lead Maintainer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: people are great and friendly to work with
Cons: a lot of overtime
Great place to work and good people to work with. Worked together to get various jobs done safely and in a timely manner. I liked the fast paced production, always something to do to keep you busy.
enjoyable work place
Operator (Former Employee), Milwaukee WisconsinApril 15, 2015
Pros: luncheon rewards, safety
BALL Corporation was a very good place to work, I enjoyed going to work every day that I had to work.Supervisors were nice to work with.
Lack of knowlege and compassion with management.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Hubbard, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: pay higher than minium wage
Cons: Management suck! waste of time!
Typical day: Clock in, check schedule to find out location of the machine you will be on. I learned new skills of how to load, pack and monitor the machines-which i loved. The issue with this company is the foremen and die setters ( line mainteance) know the machines were old, they break down all day and they expect you to still hit a target goal which is impossible!!!!!! Also i was never told of a no point before 100 days which i was fired!!!! You recieve a whole point for being a min over clock in time, and after 30 work days or when they decide you are forced to work 10 hours instead of 8 hours with little warning and mandatory saturdays. Also i was hired at a higher rate but rate was (LOWER) changed due to trainig in a different area.
All around a great place to work.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Hubbard, OHApril 9, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, mangement
Cons: physically a hard job
The hours are long, and the work is tough, easy but hard on your body. The people are kind, the pay is great and benefits are wonderful. I loved working here and would go back if I could. physically
No opportunities for advancement
Press Operator (Current Employee), OhioJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: all around miserable atmosphere
You have to have 100 working days of probation. This entails almost 5 months of probation. You cannot miss days or you will be fired. My plant has a zillion rules and an outrageous point system. It's a point for forgetting to clock out and for being 30 seconds late as well as just calling off. Seems to me, easier to call off if your getting a point for missing or being there all day and forgetting to clock out or clock back in from lunch. You do not get raises and all the retirees made sure they get their pension with the union contract that is not up until 2018. There is NOTHING for the incoming people. The HR dept. and managers could be better. It is hard work and a lot of overtime. I watch one miserable hour go by after another. The training process was non existent and it has been a horrible process to learn my job. I'm looking for something else and praying.
They also lied to my face and said in interview there would be a shoe reimbursement. A requirement of steel toed shoes and no reimbursement at 100 days and union induction. At $400 a week clear and have to pay $39 a month in union dues at 30 days and not technically in USW until 100 days.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee), Dandridge, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: was able to work alone with out supervision
Cons: worked in varied temperatures
Worked on line pulling finished product. Worked on line providing raw materials to 8 lines to production to be made into finished product. Then my final position was loading/unloading trucks on nights without any supervision for three and a half years.
great place to work
Production / Preventive Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Hubbard, OHDecember 5, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: pay could be better
great management team, steady work, no layoffs, lots of overtime
Highly productive, focused on safety, Customer driven.
PRODUCTION/MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Oakdale, CaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: always looking for improvements to stay ahead, very driven for success.
Ball has been a great company to work for, I have learned many skills in management. Company pushes for growth not only for the company, also for employees willing to learn. Job culture is positive focusing on solutions and being proactive.
Great boss.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILOctober 3, 2014
No stress position for a wonderful manager. Lots of typing proposals, expense reports, answering phones. Loved it.
Always enjoyed going to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Good people, highly focused company always upgrading. Enjoyed family atmosphere.
How do they make money here???
coater-operator (Current Employee), weirton, wvSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime--lots of people working overtime to stand around doing nothing.
Cons: you'll definatly feel like at any minute---pink slip!!!
I've worked at Ball for fifteen years and have always felt they were on the verge of shutting down because of how poorly it's been run. I bagged for five years, stacked for three, operated a multi-die press for five and am currently a coater operator. It has gotten considerably worse the last three years with new management. They are investing in new offices and the cosmetics of the place while we are forced to literally duct tape and jerry rig equipment to keep it running- no exaggeration!
Teamwork
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Weirton, WVJuly 23, 2014
Looking for a Great Honest Team Enviroment supported clear to the top for improvement 100%, with a true goal of being World Class!
TeamWorks as Brothers & Sisters help each other each day to get job done fast and safe
Maintenance Machinist (Former Employee), Elgin, ILLINOISMay 22, 2014
Every workday at Ball. We start with 5 minutes Safety Meeting to make sure everyone work smart and safe. get work orders, follow up from the previous shift, and select which one is the most important priority to get production lines going. We work as a teamwork to help each other to get the job done fast and safe.
After we make sure the production lines running, we work in the tool room like Overhaul production equipments, and fabricate replacements and repair parts.
At the end of the day, we Utilize computerized maintenance management system (EAM) to document and keep track of work performed, and make sure the follow shift follow up what needed to be done.
Not bad, unsupportive management
Chemical Process Maintainer/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Golden, COMay 16, 2014
good work not great management. rotating shift and a lot of mechanical experience. good work environment.
Working in trouble shooting.
Press Line Maintainer. (Former Employee), Elgin, ILMay 4, 2014
When any of my co-workers, had any problem, I was ready to help him to find the problem and solved. Or the other way around could happen to. Thus , we worked like a team. There is not secret to fix any kind of problem, passing the voice how was corrected or logging it in the book. During lunch time, we could work out or have a nice chat with the rest of our department or other department too. Maybe the hardest part of the job was, when we were facing some delayed in delivery or stop waiting from our suppliers. besides, that we always enjoy to work and help to each other on daily basis.
A day at Ball
Auto Pack Operator / Palletizer Operator (Former Employee), ELGIN ILLINOIS 60120March 31, 2014
Everything was fine working here until Ball came and bought out U.S.Can company everything was manatory of overtime these people don't care about your life with kids just want to control peoples life when they knew the company the employes made money for years decided to close plant and take job somewhere else and pay 9 dollars and hour Ball corporation are plant closers they don't like company with unions.
challenging and engaging work
Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Wallkill, New York, USAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: work is challenging and allows me to learn and grow
Cons: rotating and 12 hour shifts
My job requires me to maintain the electrical systems in a high speed production facility. I have learned about the machinery used in the high speed manufacture of beverage cans. I enjoy working with my co-workers and work well with all levels of management. The hardest part of the job is being new to the facility and learning this equipment for the first time. Also the rotating shifts from nights to days and the 12 hour shifts can be difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is the autonomy given to me to do my job and the satisfaction of completing a project.
Good place to work, job security.
Quality Assurance Manger (Current Employee), weirton wvMarch 9, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: need to relocate
I have worked there for 19 years. Bonuses in the form of sports tickets, gift certificates, etc. As much overtime as you want.
Fast paced work environment with good opertunities
Assembly Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), DeForest, WIJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: benifits, and rewards for major acheivements
Cons: many long shifts without a day off
A typical day here consist of doing quality checks on cans made and repairing any machines that went down.
I learned a lot about manufacturing equipment and how to work on it.
Management was ok here but did not seem to have a very good idea of day to day operations on the floor.(Not very well organized.)
Co-workers all got along and worked together very well.
Forced to work a lot of over time at last minute notice.
The best part of this job was working with the machines and the learning experiences.

1 2 3

About Ball Corporation

The well-rounded Ball Corporation pitches packaging¬†to companies producing food, beverage, and household goods. Food and beverage – Read more