Ball State University

Ball State University Employer Reviews

Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 14, 2015
Good place to work. Friendly co-workers. I can't really think of anything else to say about them.
Wonderful place to work
iCare Technician (Current Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 13, 2015
I really enjoy working with my colleagues, coming to work is a great experience. My supervisors are intelligent people and they help me grow everyday. I have learned so much about technology and I continue to learn more each day. The hardest part of my job is having trouble diagnosing a problem and then having to tell the customer.
Food Court
Custodian (Former Employee), Food ServiceJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day was to clean all messes made by customers as well as co-workers, take out trash and fill in other positions if needed. What was learned was team work, as the customers needed to be served in a timely manner, as well as detail. The detail was important as there was detailed cleaning that needed to be done.
Good
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Muncie, INDecember 16, 2014
Pros: lots of freedom in the way work is done, good professors, intelligent and enjoyable people.
Cons: high pressure, very large workload, low pay.
It was graduate school in a hard science. It was a 60 hour work week with responsibilities to many different bosses. In a typical week there were dozens of hours of homework, grading, and research to do, as well as many meetings. It was an enjoyable atmosphere with many intelligent people, and incredibly rewarding and interesting work. It is however high stress. There is a large amount of pressure to perform, and a very large work load.
Not a bad place to work as a Master's Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Instructor) (Former Employee), Muncie, INOctober 30, 2014
Pros: get to make your own schedule
Cons: not a lot of money
I enjoyed the people, the staff, and the students at this institution.
loved this job
Landscape Technician (Former Employee), Muncie, INOctober 28, 2014
working for the school was great, and while being a student there I had a lot of fun at work while working hard at the same time.
Nice clean respectable place to work
Rover (Current Employee), Muncie, INOctober 16, 2014
Go from building to building locking or unlocking buildings or rooms where classes are held.
My supervisor is a great person to work for.
My co-workers are a nice group of people to work with.
the hardest part of the job is driving when the roads are bad with students walking .
Meeting new people
Great educational institution
Graduate Assistant Strength and Conditioning (Former Employee), Muncie, INOctober 1, 2014
I was the head graduate assistant for two Division 1 NCAA athletic teams. I researched each sport, devised a plan of action for the team, wrote a program, and executed the program for both the teams. I had to take into consideration the goals of each of the sport coaches, along with taking counsel with the strength and conditioning coaches. I had to not only make plans based off their wants, but also had to come up with programs for the rotation of injured players. I worked on gaining as much rapport with all coaches and athletes as quickly as I could. This was a great learning experience.
Never a Dull Day
Computer Lab Assistant - College Work Study (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: working with all the different students
Cons: not enough hours
Working in the lab gave me a chance to meet new people everyday, and trouble shooting with what ever happened with the computers and printers
Great learning experience.
Ball State Greenhouse Intern (Former Employee), Muncie, INAugust 6, 2014
Great learning experience that helped skills I already had such as public speaking, research methods and how to present information
Productive and busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Muncie, INAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free drink on break
Cons: hours
A typical day at work would be to come in and count my drawer and then start the day, we were always very busy. I learned how to make the best out of a bad situation and how to react to certain situations dealing with unsatisfied customers. My co-workers for the most part were amazing. The hardest part of the job would just be when you got overwhelmed with stuff to do. The most enjoyable part of the job to me were the customers. We had a lot of regulars and just to see them and talk to them everyday was probably my favorite part of my job.
Challenging but productive and well learned.
Ball State University (Former Employee), MUNCIE INJuly 4, 2014
Pros: it increased my time management skills and multitasking ability
Cons: it was challenging but i am happy to complet
I worked at Ball State University as a Graduate assistant at Mathematical Science Department. My duties included tutoring, grading, assisting in research and working at the computer laboratory. This assignment was part of my scholarship deal . I was a student and a worker at the same time . Benefits included a stipend and a tuition waiver .
I tutored various courses in mathematics including trigonometry, algebra , statistics for economics, calculus and more.
I also helped professors with their research work by using excel and other software like R.
It was challenging as I worked and schooled at the same time because different supervisors demanded for their work to be done at a specific time which conflicted with my class schedule .
Working and studies was beneficial because I learned a lot about time management and multitasking.
I was an active part of the Center for International Development's management and day-to-day work
Student Receptionist and Worker (Former Employee), Muncie, INJuly 1, 2014
The Center for International Development is an exciting work environment where many important projects take place. Any given day employees are sent to Iraq, Tajikistan, or Dubai to work on grants that support the betterment of developing nation's youth.
Understanding the Language of Students
History Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INJune 21, 2014
As a teaching assistant for history, there is much diversity among students culturally as well as intellectually. Many students despise history and all that it is worth, however there are some who whole-heartedly enjoy it. I can say that it was an extreme pleasure to work with teachers to help students of all types learn more proactively how history is not just facts. With my three semesters with one professor I learned more about history and how to teach and communicate then I did with any of the other teachers that I was a teaching assistant for. This teacher taught me that a professor needs to be flexible in their lesson plans and to pay attention to the needs of the students. Also she taught me that history does not have to be the boring facts that everyone believes it to be. This helped me have a new outlook on history and teaching, allowing me to step out of my comfort zone and help with review sessions before the test. Instead of having typical review sessions, these sessions were more engaging and conversational with the students. The most enjoyable part of this experience was the knowledge and passion I learned from the teachers I was with. They transformed how I view not only history but speaking to others about anything.
Great place, up and coming university
Facilities Assignment Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INJune 3, 2014
Ball State has roughly 21,000 students and is growing. I enjoyed working there because it is small enough that decisions are made quickly and do not need to go through committee after committee.
Productive and educational environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INJune 2, 2014
Pros: activities with senior citizens
Cons: educational experiences
Graduate Assistant at Ball State University provided great experience working with older adults in enriching quality of life.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Muncie, INMay 8, 2014
I enjoy BSU and I'm just looking for something part time in the evenings and weekends.
Ups and Downs
Supervisor (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 5, 2014
Pros: easy to get a job, good managerial opportunities.
Cons: pay (minimum wage, even for supervisors), hours, students who think they are playing in the big leagues.
Working for intramurals at Ball State had its ups and downs.
Fun place to work
Student Employee (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 2, 2014
Environment is stress free and laid back, the people that you work for are nice and the job is really easy a lot of down time is allotted so that you can do homework
Had a blast working for Ball State.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INApril 11, 2014
Pros: great place for students to work.
The pay is minimum wage, but students are treated well and they are more than willing to work around your school schedule.

1 2 3 4