Ball State University Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Welcome Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 17, 2015
Loved working in the welcome center! My coworkers were great, and I learned customers service skills, as well as date entry.
Secure job as long as you are able to work.
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 15, 2015
I picked up this job because I'd had previous grounds work experience. I found the work to be very rewarding and fun. There were tasks that were very high pressure to make something presentable during an event and other times there wasn't as much pressure but you still wanted your work to look good when you were all finished.
Enjoyed meeting all the people on campus
Courier (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 5, 2015
Enjoyed the job and the people. New things every day made the job more enjoyable. Drove around campus delivering packages and mail to the different departments.
Pros
Pretty much self managed.
Cons
Heavy lifting required.
Exciting and fulfilling work environment...passing my knowledge onto others
Laboratory/Field Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 24, 2015
Everyday brings new and different opportunities to learn, enhance and pass on my knowledge forward to others. Serving as a lab manager in a university setting, I am responsible for the upkeep and maintenance duties in order for the labs to run smoothly and safely. My co-workers are predominantly faculty members who rely on my skills to equip their laboratories with supplies, functional instrumentation and expertise on operations. Every day is met interacting with college-age students and other university staff members. One day may be spent in the department setting, while the next day could be out in the field maintaining trails...our department oversees 6 parcels of outdoor properties which are instrumental in the teaching of environmental and biological disciplines.
Pros
Congenial co-workers and job duties
Cons
Bureaucratic obstacles and budgeting criteria prohibiting the advancement of future endeavors.
Excellent
Special Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 5, 2015
Great programs that let you become a professional before you hit the door. The managers are all very experienced and know how to guide you into becoming a young professional.
A great, hands-on university that offers wonderful opportunities for all students!
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Muncie, Ind.September 17, 2015
Ball State University specializes in hands-on learning. It allows students to feel as if they are in the real, working world. Along with immersive learning, Ball State provides a safe and exciting learning environment for all. I had a wonderful four years there! I am truly a proud cardinal. Chirp, chirp!
Fast Paced Office Environment
Computer Processing Assistant-RHDS (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IndianaSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day at the Ball State University Dining Service Administrative Office started off with entering dining hall meal plans before noon. The afternoon consisted modifying recipes, re-activating student meal cards, and entering meal totals from the previous day. The office work team was small and family oriented. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping the students, and testing new recipes
Project Director Assistant (Former Employee) –  muncie INSeptember 2, 2015
different parts are different I have been treated really good and really bad. dinning they treat their staff so so bad I wouldn't wish any one to work there
Indoor Pool environment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 29, 2015
The indoor pools at Ball State University are filled with great people. Students and staff are welcomed at the pools. It was hot just like any other indoor facility. Waking up at 4am to be in the lifeguard chair at 5am was not the best, but I was able to get an early start to most of my days.
Great School, great work
Assistant Director Team (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 20, 2015
Was an awesome position for any aspiring film maker to get their feet wet. Opportunities are all around, you just need to seek them out.
Pros
training, fun, freedom
Cons
left out in the dark at times
Great Place
Nonverbal Communicator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 10, 2015
It was a great place to work for minimum wage as a student. It was difficult that you were a student and the typical full time employees treated you that way.
Fantastic Place to work!
Music promotion assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 7, 2015
Ball State's Music Office was the best place I could have worked. As a student, they worked around my classes every year I attended BSU.
Pros
Easy Hours
Cons
Not enough Tasks
Not Very Good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 12, 2015
very long days

making new food

management not good

some co-workers to much drama

making new friend and meeting new people
Great university to be part of
Biomechanics Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 8, 2015
Developed the skills needed within biomechanics during my assistantship, within a supportive environment that will help me in my career.
Pros
Supportive, travel funding, and research opportunities
Easy going and self motivated
Fashion Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 2, 2015
You assist students with sewing school projects and help maintain the lab. We would clean every night and lock up as well as inventory the entire lab every year.
Pros
Self motivated and relaxed environment, could do homework, easy work, fun and friendly
Cons
late nights, messy people sometimes, a lot of work at times
Mentor
Multicultural Excel Mentor (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 14, 2015
Being able to guide new students in a positive direction towards success helps me figure out what I can do positively for one another.
Energetic and positive atmosphere
Interim Managing Director/Contract Faculty (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 21, 2015
It is impossible to compare the environment, and mission, of Ball State University to any other. From day to day duties, to the prolonged projects, I was constantly pushed to achieve the best results and in an environment where trial and the journey are encouraged!
Pros
Flexible hours, adaptive staff, accessibility of information and tools.
Cons
None.
Fun and dynamic work environment
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 17, 2015
Each Late Nite event I worked offered a different set of responsibilities, keeping the job from growing stale. Management is efficient and level headed, and my coworkers are productive and energetic.
Poor management and training
Sports facilities attendant (Former Employee) –  Worthen arenaApril 26, 2015
Everything about the job is great, the management and supervisors are terrible. They throw you straight in and get agrivated when you ask questions about anything. Was actually told once that a supervisor doesnt have to talk to you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
It sucked.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 26, 2015
Not enough hours. The pay was minimal. No place for growth or promotions. The people there were nice though. That made work fun.

4.4