Ball State University Employee Reviews in United States

Had a great supervisor
Office of Recreation Services, Summer Internship (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working in the front office and interacting with everyone that came through. I am a people person so I really enjoyed my job
Pros
great work culture
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun work place
ambassador for BSU programs and parent meetings (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 8, 2016
I enjoyed building rapport with Ball State alum. Also, I enjoyed being competitive and receiving incentives for hard work. Although I had no experience in the call center atmosphere prior, I was able to grow and excel.
Best place in Muncie to work; but few other choices.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 7, 2016
I worked as support staff in an academic office. I was the only staff and was very busy and would take work home sometimes although no overtime was allowed. Much is expected and pay is quite low considering all the duties to perform. There was a lot of variety to my particular job and a great deal of student/ faculty contact which was enjoyable. I took classes at times and enjoyed my twenty-six years. Both kids recovered masters degrees from BSU and we're pleased with the quality of education.
Pros
Benefits Pension plan. Tuition waiver for undergraduate classes and kids.
Cons
Understaffed. Work load unrealistic at times.
Great place to work and grow
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 29, 2016
BSU is an ever growing and changing university with several benefits and great people. I loved working on the beautiful campus with the perks of constant events coming to campus.
Pros
Great work environment, very professional
Cons
This is a very large business
Great Place to work
Student Legal Services (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 13, 2016
The attorney was a great guy and very understandable. It was very fun to work for him and I was very grateful to have gotten the job and have worked there.
School
Welcome Week Leader (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 10, 2016
It helped know the campus of ball state. The atmosphere and the people that I worked with, was the reason i continued to do it for the three more years.
BSU Biology
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 6, 2016
Great place to work. Research and teaching assistantship availables. Make sure you look at the faculty and whats their focus. Talk to them before hand.
Decent jobs for students
STOCKROOM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 28, 2016
Ball State provides decent, minimum wage jobs for students. No benefits, but it's an easy way to find a job that's sure to work around class schedules.
Capstone Project Presentation
Building Better Communities (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 14, 2016
Ball State is excellent in pairing students with local community partners in order for them to gain knowledge and experience from leaders in the community. It was neat working with a reputable group of individuals on environmental conservation and how to improve the local Muncie areas.
Ball State is just fine.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 9, 2016
Ball State is a fine place for students to work. Although I can offer no significant complaints or commendations, I would accept another position here if it were feasible.
Not a difficult job
Summer Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 8, 2016
I just sat at the desk and checked people in. It wasn't very challenging and there wasn't much of a community between the employees and employers.
Football Coach and Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 5, 2016
Great kids, great area, loved Muncie. Administration works well with employees. Quality of life is great for families of all ages.
good workplace
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 25, 2016
I love this job. It is a comfortable workplace to join and it pays well. highly recommend every student to apply for it. really really really really like it.
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 13, 2016
Maintain order an development of individuals in a group and classroom setting. Establish rules and guide groups in growth and assessing issues.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Ok place to work
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 2, 2016
Great people at mid level management and below. Most people truly care about the overall mission and values of the university.
Pros
University culture
Cons
Politics
Fun Workplace
Welcome Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 17, 2015
Loved working in the welcome center! My coworkers were great, and I learned customers service skills, as well as date entry.
Secure job as long as you are able to work.
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 15, 2015
I picked up this job because I'd had previous grounds work experience. I found the work to be very rewarding and fun. There were tasks that were very high pressure to make something presentable during an event and other times there wasn't as much pressure but you still wanted your work to look good when you were all finished.
Enjoyed meeting all the people on campus
Courier (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 5, 2015
Enjoyed the job and the people. New things every day made the job more enjoyable. Drove around campus delivering packages and mail to the different departments.
Pros
Pretty much self managed.
Cons
Heavy lifting required.
Exciting and fulfilling work environment...passing my knowledge onto others
Laboratory/Field Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 24, 2015
Everyday brings new and different opportunities to learn, enhance and pass on my knowledge forward to others. Serving as a lab manager in a university setting, I am responsible for the upkeep and maintenance duties in order for the labs to run smoothly and safely. My co-workers are predominantly faculty members who rely on my skills to equip their laboratories with supplies, functional instrumentation and expertise on operations. Every day is met interacting with college-age students and other university staff members. One day may be spent in the department setting, while the next day could be out in the field maintaining trails...our department oversees 6 parcels of outdoor properties which are instrumental in the teaching of environmental and biological disciplines.
Pros
Congenial co-workers and job duties
Cons
Bureaucratic obstacles and budgeting criteria prohibiting the advancement of future endeavors.
Excellent
Special Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 5, 2015
Great programs that let you become a professional before you hit the door. The managers are all very experienced and know how to guide you into becoming a young professional.

4.4