Ball State University Employee Reviews

Great School, great work
Assistant Director Team (Former Employee), Muncie, INAugust 20, 2015
Pros: training, fun, freedom
Cons: left out in the dark at times
Was an awesome position for any aspiring film maker to get their feet wet. Opportunities are all around, you just need to seek them out.
Great Place
Nonverbal Communicator (Former Employee), Muncie, INAugust 10, 2015
It was a great place to work for minimum wage as a student. It was difficult that you were a student and the typical full time employees treated you that way.
Fantastic Place to work!
Music promotion assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Easy Hours
Cons: Not enough Tasks
Ball State's Music Office was the best place I could have worked. As a student, they worked around my classes every year I attended BSU.
Not Very Good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Muncie, INJuly 12, 2015
very long days

making new food

management not good

some co-workers to much drama

making new friend and meeting new people
Great university to be part of
Biomechanics Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Supportive, travel funding, and research opportunities
Developed the skills needed within biomechanics during my assistantship, within a supportive environment that will help me in my career.
Easy going and self motivated
Fashion Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Self motivated and relaxed environment, could do homework, easy work, fun and friendly
Cons: late nights, messy people sometimes, a lot of work at times
You assist students with sewing school projects and help maintain the lab. We would clean every night and lock up as well as inventory the entire lab every year.
Mentor
Multicultural Excel Mentor (Former Employee), Muncie, INJune 14, 2015
Being able to guide new students in a positive direction towards success helps me figure out what I can do positively for one another.
Energetic and positive atmosphere
Interim Managing Director/Contract Faculty (Current Employee), Muncie, INMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, adaptive staff, accessibility of information and tools.
Cons: None.
It is impossible to compare the environment, and mission, of Ball State University to any other. From day to day duties, to the prolonged projects, I was constantly pushed to achieve the best results and in an environment where trial and the journey are encouraged!
Fun and dynamic work environment
Event Staff (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 17, 2015
Each Late Nite event I worked offered a different set of responsibilities, keeping the job from growing stale. Management is efficient and level headed, and my coworkers are productive and energetic.
Poor management and training
Sports facilities attendant (Former Employee), Worthen arenaApril 26, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Poor management
Everything about the job is great, the management and supervisors are terrible. They throw you straight in and get agrivated when you ask questions about anything. Was actually told once that a supervisor doesnt have to talk to you.
It sucked.
Cashier (Former Employee), Muncie, INMarch 26, 2015
Not enough hours. The pay was minimal. No place for growth or promotions. The people there were nice though. That made work fun.
Great team members
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INMarch 23, 2015
My team was very productive. All the members in my group help each other and do their own job efficiently. I learned how to use SAS and did a few professional presentations.
Very Supportive Environment
Night Office Supervisor Wagnor Hall (Current Employee), Wagnor HallMarch 17, 2015
I really have enjoyed my time at YOC. It is a great place to work with people that want to see you do the very best in your field. As long as you follow the policies that are in place, you can go far in helping the youth they serve.
Love dispatching
Dispatcher/Police Officer (Former Employee), Muncie, INMarch 13, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: pay not enough
i love to work dispatch and this job was a good place to work. I loved the people and got along with all. I wish I had not went on to be a police officer during this tenure of working with BSUPD. I went for wrong reasons and wished i had stayed in dispatching
Fantastic university to pursue further education and develop professional skills
Biomechanics Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Muncie, INMarch 6, 2015
Working in the Biomechanics Lab has provided me a useful set of skills that will help me transition into the professional work place.
I love my job at Ball State University
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Muncie IndianaMarch 5, 2015
This is the best job EVER! Great location and the pay is top of the line. Not sure what else I need to say, they will also pay for you to get your undergrad degree and pay some for your Master's.
on campus job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Muncie, INFebruary 12, 2015
its your typical on campus job. worked during the summer and it gets really hot with no ac in most dorms. But good management and smooth work load makes the job good.
SImple Job
Dining Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 29, 2015
Easy to do job. Good to have as a college student. Nothing would be more flexible to your school schedule then campus jobs.
Greatest student employment option
Recreation Services Supervisor (Promoted) (Current Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 20, 2015
The recreation center at Ball State has provided me with management and customer service experience unparalleled with anywhere else on campus.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 14, 2015
Good place to work. Friendly co-workers. I can't really think of anything else to say about them.