Ball State University Employee Reviews

Great experiences
Clinical Experience (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 30, 2017
I feel as it has really prepared me to work as future FNP. I also completed my undergraduate work at Ball State and was happy to go back for my graduate degree!
Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 19, 2017
clean floors vacuum carpets mop floors take out trash clean windows worked for 3 different buildings 3 different managers but it was only a tem job not what I need I need a long term job perm
Pros
great job
Cons
temp jobs stink
Nice placeto work.
Building Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 15, 2017
Ball State is a nice place to be employed. A lot of different things to do in a day taking care of several different dorms Some are 30 years old and some are brand new..
Pros
steady work, Health care
Cons
short brakes
Ball State almuni center is a great place to work alongside school because they understand that you are a student first.
Cardinal Caller (Current Employee) –  Alumni CenterJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day is that you walk into work at 6pm and find a seat. You get there early so you can start calling on time. You speak to hundreds of people 6-9pm and try to get alumni to make contributions throughout the night.
Pros
work study
Cons
only 3 hour shifts
A good place to work.
Data Migration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 20, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Ball State University. They treat people very well, and the other employees are easy to get along with.
Pros
Good Benefits
Educational and Expanding
Transfer Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 19, 2016
It was a growing environment that allowed students and non-students to work together and gain work experience.

As a transfer ambassador, I was able to help out other students and show them that Ball State was the place to be. I was once a transfer student myself and I was able to relate to what they faced.

I had to make sure to keep track of who I talked to and make sure they knew of the surveys that was needed or inform them of tutoring options if their grades were reported low. We weren't there to discourage but to encourage them.
Equipment coordinator
Equipment resource coordinator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 12, 2016
oversaw and kept a data check out sheet of all the equipment being checked out and returned throughout the school year of both journalism and telecommunications program.
Pros
pay, co-workers, breaks
Cons
aN/
It's a state University
Research Analyst (Graduate) (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 8, 2016
Since it's a state university there are limitations on what you can do, how, and when. But that is to be expected in every position. Change is not something that happens fast unless a new president is hired. But the stress level is relatively low compared with business positions.
Have no problem with what I do at the University. Nice job and good Benefits. With a good shift to work.
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Muncie IndianaNovember 7, 2016
Very layed back place to work. Nice coworkers easy to get along with. Have good students that work for me. Have a good shift. 6am to 230 pm. Work Tuesday though Saturday. Off on Sunday and Monday.
Cons
Very nice place to work.
Great supervising staff
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 3, 2016
Great staff to work for. flexible, and dedicated supervising staff that is willing to step in for the betterment of the facility. plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Desk Worker
Desk Staff Team Member (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 29, 2016
Working as a desk worker gave me life long lessons on time management, money responsibility, and customer service. I have taken and used these skills with me today.
Great way to gain communication skills
Kinghorn Hall Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 26, 2016
I enjoy giving tours of the building as that is what the hall ambassador's do. I also enjoy getting to answer questions from potential future cardinals and their parents.
Computer Lab Assistant
computer lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 18, 2016
A typical day included greeting students and overseeing the area to make sure none of the property got damaged. I was available to student's for any techincal support questions and to fix the printer/computers as needed. We always worked individually but my co workers were Ball State student's like myself. The hardest part of the job was if I didn't know how to fix a problem and the easiest was that I was allowed to do homework on the job.
Pros
can do your homework or be on your phone at work
Cons
seasonal job, not very many hours available
Had a great supervisor
Office of Recreation Services, Summer Internship (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working in the front office and interacting with everyone that came through. I am a people person so I really enjoyed my job
Pros
great work culture
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun work place
ambassador for BSU programs and parent meetings (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 8, 2016
I enjoyed building rapport with Ball State alum. Also, I enjoyed being competitive and receiving incentives for hard work. Although I had no experience in the call center atmosphere prior, I was able to grow and excel.
Best place in Muncie to work; but few other choices.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 7, 2016
I worked as support staff in an academic office. I was the only staff and was very busy and would take work home sometimes although no overtime was allowed. Much is expected and pay is quite low considering all the duties to perform. There was a lot of variety to my particular job and a great deal of student/ faculty contact which was enjoyable. I took classes at times and enjoyed my twenty-six years. Both kids recovered masters degrees from BSU and we're pleased with the quality of education.
Pros
Benefits Pension plan. Tuition waiver for undergraduate classes and kids.
Cons
Understaffed. Work load unrealistic at times.
Great place to work and grow
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 29, 2016
BSU is an ever growing and changing university with several benefits and great people. I loved working on the beautiful campus with the perks of constant events coming to campus.
Pros
Great work environment, very professional
Cons
This is a very large business
Great Place to work
Student Legal Services (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 13, 2016
The attorney was a great guy and very understandable. It was very fun to work for him and I was very grateful to have gotten the job and have worked there.
School
Welcome Week Leader (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 10, 2016
It helped know the campus of ball state. The atmosphere and the people that I worked with, was the reason i continued to do it for the three more years.
BSU Biology
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 6, 2016
Great place to work. Research and teaching assistantship availables. Make sure you look at the faculty and whats their focus. Talk to them before hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ball State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4