Ball State University

Ball State University Employer Reviews

Great student life/work balance.
Student Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: fantastic work atmosphere, co workers and adult workers, fun management, always something to do and plenty of people to meet for new experencies
Cons: slow hours during summer, limitations to students and schedules, poor hourly wage and not a lot of hours
I loved my work at the Student Center. Obviously as a student, we would not make much money, nor have much job security/advancement, but for what we did, it was fun and enjoyable as well as character building. A typical day at work involved hard work and careful planning and organization with fairly good and competent management. I had fantastic coworkers – more... besides one, the custodians we worked with were some of the nicest and friendliest people I've ever known, and they were extremely hard working too, always there for us if we needed help or if we had questions. They depended upon us, too, and I have much pride for both my help and theirs. – less
Greatest School / Workstudy Job EVER!
Multicultural Ambassador (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 2, 2014
What's not to like about showing off one of the best schools in the state? You gotta love meeting new people as well.
Great place to receive an education in design.
Student (Current Employee), Muncie, INDecember 22, 2013
I've been studying at Ball State for almost five years, and I have greatly enjoyed the experience.
Great Universty
Sports Facilities Attendant (Former Employee), Muncie, INDecember 1, 2013
Was hired as a TEMP

Work all athletic events including set up and take down
Great student environment which gave the ability for growth and fun.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INOctober 31, 2013
This company helped me become a better professional. While a typical work day consisted of helping students with technology labs. As well as coordinating and managing marketing projects and events for students and faculty.
Enjoyable work environment, relaxed atmosphere, encouraged personal and professional growth
System Administrator (Former Employee), Muncie, INOctober 28, 2013
Pros: enjoyable work environment, relaxed atmosphere, encouraged personal and professional growth
Cons: lack of departmental goals, minimal department oversight
As the administrator of a computer lab, I was free to create my own routine. This allowed me to research software, hardware, and best practices that gave me an advantage in managing my lab.
I learned that while I liked the freedom to create my own schedule, I missed having some goals to strive for. I enjoyed the two other coworkers that I worked with. – more... We shared technical knowledge and helped each other when we could. I learned how to manage my time, how to set personal goals, how to problem solve and relate to both students and teachers.

The hardest part of this job was prioritizing my schedule so I had time to learn new information.

The best part of my job was teaching students and teachers how to use the computer and software. I also enjoyed teaching myself technical information about computer networking, server software, and automated services. – less
Good place to work as a student.
Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 30, 2013
Good place to work as a student. Don't know what more to say about it. You can only work there as a Ball State University student.
This was a good place to work.
DEAF CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Fort Wayne/ Muncie, INSeptember 24, 2013
This provided an excellent experience in working with students and family's who had children with multiple handicapping needs. These children had either partial or total hearing losses.
Greenhouses
Student Worker (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great people and work enviroment
Cons: stundent worker ended when i graduated
This was a student worker position. I learned how a greenhouse works and many different species that I other wise would not have seen.
Great opportunity to reaffirm accounting basics and research
Accounting Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 4, 2013
Each graduate assistant tutored undergraduate students for eight hours a week.

I personally had the opportunity to assist a professor in tax research.
Nice educational environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 4, 2013
I worked as part-time student which means working 20 hours per week.
My processors were very nice to me.
Great leanring envirinment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 3, 2013
Biotechnology program was very innovative and employed a practical hands on approach
Great and fun environment
Student Worker (Former Employee), Muncie, INAugust 31, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no breaks unless you worked a max of 5 hours
I loved this job, maybe it was because it was my first official job or maybe because I worked with other college students. This job was sort of laid back and fun at times due to the customers we had (college students, teachers and visitors), plus they worked around my school schedule.
Varied positionscollege work study
university employee (Former Employee), Muncie, INJuly 6, 2013
I did work study at the university and feel it addedto my learning experience.
enjoyable and relaxed
Office Assistant (Former Employee), muncie, inJune 15, 2013
Cons: little to no breaks
Unless you're working in dining, most of the ball state supervisors are easy going and flexible. They understand school work comes first and work comes second.
Volunteer Officer Position
Officer of the Future Veterinarians Society (Current Employee), Muncie, INJune 7, 2013
Managing meetings, contacting speakers, planning volunteer events. I was the secretary as a sophomore, vice president as a junior, and president as a senior.
Research work and teaching assistant responsibilities
Masters Student (Current Employee), Muncie, INMay 29, 2013
A typical day included a lot of interaction with introductory students in physics and chemistry as well as intermediate level students in electronics and organic chemistry. Through these interactions I learned many different teaching styles as well as a better understanding of the subject material I was trying to convey to them.
Fun work and great people
Ball State University Catering (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 20, 2013
In catering i learned a lot about client interaction as well as providing a service to certain specifications. It was a great job to have while i was in college with many other awesome people. The job had a friendly atmosphere with amazing management staff. I enjoyed many things about the job but would have to say the people working there were the most – more... enjoyable thing. – less
Great place to get advanced degrees, helpful but busy staff
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 6, 2013
Pros: helpful advisers, feel accomplished after completing, learn a lot
Cons: busy staff, lacking in scholarships or internships
As a student researcher I learned how to setup experiments and type research papers. Advisers helped with the final paper and a little with creating experiment. Hardest part was creating the experiment and finishing the paper which had to repeatedly go through the committee. Most enjoyable part was finishing the project and getting the degree.
Best job on Campus
Desk Staff (Former Employee), Muncie, INApril 24, 2013
This job is PERFECT for students looking to earn a little cash while in school!